AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 07 November 2011 06:32 PM #61

The same decade as Eric?  He uses that phrase all the time.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 07 November 2011 06:49 PM #62

Mav - 07 November 2011 10:32 PM

The same decade as Eric?  He uses that phrase all the time.

I guess that’s because the 60s have only just arrived at his neck of the woods.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:07 PM #63

Two-hour SPY chart.  Note SMA-20 crossed below SMA-50, which doesn’t make me too gung-ho bullish.  Perhaps a nip that will right itself tomorrow? 

[ Edited: 07 November 2011 07:10 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:20 PM #64

nate010203 - 07 November 2011 07:36 PM

anyone else think its weird that apple has been trading pretty flat for several weeks now?

Nope…it happens.  April 21 - May 12 of this year was a lot worse. wink

[ Edited: 07 November 2011 07:24 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:32 PM #65

Unique - 07 November 2011 10:52 PM

Wheeles, I just use that phrase because I saw it a bunch of times here..relax man..

Wheeles is always very tense when he has a position.  Get use to it LOL!

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:35 PM #66

Visited the Apple store in OakBrook, IL. An outdoor mall but it was a beautiful fall day and the Apple store was packed to the gills. Meanwhile, on the other side of the mall was the MS store. It was sorta busy last time I visited (was very new). It was like a ghost town in there this time. Mentioned it to an Apple store employee and they said it’s always empty.

Good luck all while we figure out where this thing is going.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 07:45 PM #67

We just got this from Cramer on the lightning round about AAPL:
      “... since Steve Jobs is gone, its just another stock”  and “its no Google”

Guess we are going up tomorrow!

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:53 PM #68

Mace - 07 November 2011 11:32 PM
    Unique - 07 November 2011 10:52 PM

Wheeles, I just use that phrase because I saw it a bunch of times here..relax man..

Wheeles is always very tense when he has a position.  Get use to it LOL!

Mace making stuff up as usual. I got used to that a long time ago.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:57 PM #69

qualitywte - 07 November 2011 11:45 PM

I have to see this on the CNBC vid clips to believe it.  If true (and the context is as implied) Cramer is instantly on my don’t-watch-ever list.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 07 November 2011 07:58 PM #70

Excuse me in advance but..F*CKIN A!!!

iPhone 4S just announced for an additional previously iPhone-less carrier in my homeland (New Zealand) - an additional 2.2 million potential customers.

Even better news is the HUGE subsidies being offered - you can buy a 16Gb iPhone 4S for the equivelent of $99 USD on a $60 USD per month plan (or even get one for free on a $90 USD per month plan).

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 07 November 2011 08:06 PM #71

wheeles - 07 November 2011 10:25 PM
    Unique - 07 November 2011 09:12 PM

BTW, I don’t know wtf is going on with AAPL’s volume, I guess the cool ......

Sponge, they don’t need to drop the stock to 390 to make a profit when they can ramp it $30-$40 bucks from here in the face of all this pessimism, then reverse their positions while all the shorts and weak longs are scrambling, and then drop it $100. Another $5 down from here is small potatoes.

Excellent point.

Did not think of that.  Not sure they would drop it 100 points though.  I see a 65 point drop after that.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 08:08 PM #72

Mav - 07 November 2011 11:57 PM

I have to see this on the CNBC vid clips to believe it.  If true (and the context is as implied) Cramer is instantly on my don’t-watch-ever list.

I do like to see which stocks he pushes, but he makes good and bad calls and that one really made me dislike him.

Posted: 07 November 2011 08:21 PM #73

I see 370-390 as AAPL’s quarterly trading low absent some EXTREME, utterly surprising amounts of FEAR.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 November 2011 08:30 PM #74

It’s true Mav.  Context and all.  I saw it.  He also said something to the effect, Apples glory days are over without Steve, not that the stock can’t go up…
    He must be looking to add shares himself.

Posted: 07 November 2011 08:54 PM #75

Jcaron - 08 November 2011 12:30 AM

It’s true Mav.  Context and all.  I saw it.  He also said something to the effect, Apples glory days are over without Steve, not that the stock can’t go up…
    He must be looking to add shares himself.

JC, need to go give him a punch in the nose grin I don’t worry about Cramer, he spews so much crap, how can anyone remember what he says for more than a few minutes? Plus, we all know that AAPL is too expensive for the little guy that listens to him.