AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 27 November 2011 07:54 PM #16

lovemyipad - 27 November 2011 09:59 PM

the charts tell me the number of chickenshit sellers is waning.

Same thing I’m seeing watching daily trade volume against the 10 DMA.  For any real movement upward we need to see 10 DMA in the 30 million range. That would state very clearly that the institutions have committed themselves to AAPL.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 08:08 PM #17

dentontx - 27 November 2011 10:41 PM

Cash is king.
    http://jadedconsumer.blogspot.com/2011/11/apples-cash-creates-opportunity.html

There is an author that gets it BIG TIME.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 27 November 2011 08:15 PM #18

My understanding of the way the markets work since the 2011 correction started…  We oscillate between:

1) We are completely tuned in to macro doom and gloom and the futility of all efforts to solve anything.  Cite all supporting data.
    —-> Downtrend, lasting until last bull standing surrenders

2) We have HOPE!  Okay, it’s not THAT bad.  Cite all supporting data.
    —-> Uptrend, lasting until last bear standing surrenders

• Posted: 27 November 2011 08:19 PM #19

MrEntropy - 27 November 2011 11:38 PM

Futures in US and Europe up big. Will it hold? Will Apple follow? Enquiring minds (and holders of December calls) want to know.

Is it possible that the jump in Futures is nothing more than a dead cat bounce, after the DOW and S&P 500 experienced their worst Thanksgiving Week since 1932?

Signature

• Posted: 27 November 2011 08:23 PM #20

Unique - 27 November 2011 11:43 PM

Of course there’s clowns in Canada, just less. :D
    Lol ipad’s right. This board is filled with people with no sense of humour. Would help if people used their right side of their brain sometimes.

Your repeated anti-US observations fall well short of amusing.

Posted: 27 November 2011 08:33 PM #21

Gregg Thurman - 27 November 2011 11:49 PM
    lovemyipad - 27 November 2011 08:03 PM

If chickenshit sellers stop accepting stink bids, yes.

It isn’t the institutions accepting stink bids. It is retail investors that’s scared sh*tless at any hint of trouble, true or pure fiction.

My angst with the institutions is that they aren’t players (neither buying nor selling) at the moment, and I attribute that with very real concerns that we could see another banking crisis, like we had in 2008 only originating in Europe.

Gregg, IMHO their very absence is a presence.  Institutions aren’t going to pay .01 more than they have to pay.  So they can conduct daily fishing expeditions, placing stink bids lower and lower.  With low volume, it doesn’t take much.  As long as sellers keep liquidating (for whatever reason), prices descend.  After sellers are exhausted (capitulation), and the cheap supply dries up, institutions have to raise their bids.  Monkey see, monkey do; they all pile in, and away we go…

Shake out the bulls, then shake out the bears, then back to the bulls, then back to the bears…

IMHO, we aren’t going to see 2008 repeat because: 1) we’re all expecting it; 2) we have printing presses to kick the can / buy time / stall ... Whatever you want to call it, it puts a floor under a crashing market.  December 13 (I think) is the next Fed announcement.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 08:45 PM #22

Mercel - 27 November 2011 11:31 PM
    Unique - 27 November 2011 11:25 PM

Hoping someday in the near future that the people of America eliminate and abolish the clowns.

Yeah, right, Canada is free of clowns.  Get real. 

And it’s certainly news that San Francisco police came up to pepper spray Seattle elderly (the captions don’t make sense, in case you bothered to read them).

Lol ipad’s right. This board is filled with people with no sense of humour. Would help if people used their right side of their brain sometimes.

Have u noticed how many, many, many people have commented about ur negative behavior over the past few weeks? You keep posting comments & pictures designed to get an explosive/emotional response then always fall back to…. ‘I was only kidding. You guys are way to sensitive.’

It is my opinion that you know what you doing & your doing it purposely to get under people’s skin. You get off on it (I still have hope that I’m wrong & you will eventually get how your behavior is inappropriate but…,)

When someone calls you out on it, you will respond:
      1) with a direct attack, followed by (put me on ignore)
      2) feigned surprise & innocence
      3) diversion tactic (i.e. Age discrimination)

Reread the last few weeks. MANY well respected members of this board have asked you to control your behavior to no avail. Can they all be wrong?

Edit: spelling, grammar, etc

[ Edited: 27 November 2011 08:54 PM by Shoc13 ]      

Posted: 27 November 2011 08:47 PM #23

Gregg Thurman - 28 November 2011 12:19 AM
    MrEntropy - 27 November 2011 11:38 PM

Futures in US and Europe up big. Will it hold? Will Apple follow? Enquiring minds (and holders of December calls) want to know.

Is it possible that the jump in Futures is nothing more than a dead cat bounce, after the DOW and S&P 500 experienced their worst Thanksgiving Week since 1932?

Yes.  So proceed with caution until we get more confirmation of a tradable bottom, IMHO.

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:00 PM #24

Unigue,

Tread litely, you are on the verge of really pi$$ing some people off!

You have been warned…

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:11 PM #25

Hoping someday in the near future that the people of America would eliminate and abolish the clowns at top, so that we could have a more stable global economy and a true American dream.

These people were warned that they would be pepper sprayed and given an opportunity to move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4406KJQMc&feature=player_embedded

[ Edited: 27 November 2011 09:15 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 09:23 PM #26

Mercel - 28 November 2011 12:23 AM

Your repeated anti-US observations fall well short of amusing.

I am Canadian so I can say this.  We have an element of Canadian society the is just over-the-top in terms of smugness and holier-than-thou crap.  And it is often directed at the US.  Usually it comes from people who haver never spent any serious time in your country, but it is embarrassing nonetheless.  If you see it happening here, then chalk it up to naivet?, immaturity,  and flat-out ignorance. 

I am typing this from Seattle, and spent the weekend in Los Angeles.  I appreciate the hospitality I get whenever I travel South, which has been 10+ times a year to for 20+ years.  You have to spend time in a country to know what it is really like.

[ Edited: 27 November 2011 09:26 PM by Lstream ]      

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:26 PM #27

Please STOP with the political posts!!!!

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:36 PM #28

Shoc13 - 28 November 2011 12:45 AM
    Mercel - 27 November 2011 11:31 PM

Hoping someday in the near future that the people of America eliminate and abolish the clowns.

Yeah, right, Canada is free of clowns.  Get real. 

And it’s certainly news that San Francisco police came up to pepper spray Seattle elderly (the captions don’t make sense, in case you bothered to read them).

Have u noticed how many, many, many people have commented about ur negative behavior over the past few weeks? You keep posting comments & pictures designed to get an explosive/emotional response then always fall back to…. ‘I was only kidding. You guys are way to sensitive.’

It is my opinion that you know what you doing & your doing it purposely to get under people’s skin. You get off on it (I still have hope that I’m wrong & you will eventually get how your behavior is inappropriate but…,)

When someone calls you out on it, you will respond:
      1) with a direct attack, followed by (put me on ignore)
      2) feigned surprise & innocence
      3) diversion tactic (i.e. Age discrimination)

Reread the last few weeks. MANY well respected members of this board have asked you to control your behavior to no avail. Can they all be wrong?

Edit: spelling, grammar, etc

You don?t deserve to be on anyone?s ignore list. Your posts should be moderated. Troll behavior will bring you nothing, just despise.

Big party posts on Friday and repeating on the Weekend thread was insensitive, but expected. Calling up for fight with political posts was under the belt even for you.

Just go away.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 09:38 PM #29

Let me get this straight.  If the police tell you that you must leave or they will assault you it’s ok to then assault you if you don’t move?  I don’t think so.  The acceptable response to an unacceptable peaceful assembly is to arrest those assembled and let the judicial system determine the legality of the assembly.  Assault is NOT the accepable response.  IMHO, of course.

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:47 PM #30

Can we get back on topic please?

Futures are quite strong.  The early market makers are betting on a bounce tomorrow and I think we’ll get one.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.