AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:50 PM #31

Mav - 28 November 2011 01:47 AM

Can we get back on topic please?

Futures are quite strong.  The early market makers are betting on a bounce tomorrow and I think we’ll get one.

10+

WTF is wrong with people here?  If you have to post political shit post it somewhere else!

Posted: 27 November 2011 09:58 PM #32

I just bought a new Dell desktop. Was going to buy an iMac but I need a fully functioning version of MS Excel and I just can?t justify paying 3x for an iMac vs. a Windows machine and then paying so I can run Windows and regular Office for Windows on the Mac.

What do others here do for machines on which they need a fully functioning version of Excel? I have the newest Office for Mac on my MBP and it sucks but is just barely passable for my laptop. Wouldn?t come close to cutting it on a desktop.

I am not sure why you have trouble on the Mac version of Excel… please relate.

You might want to take advantage and buy some calls on Dell…

I kid, I kid, I hope you do not do this.

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

• Posted: 27 November 2011 10:00 PM #33

adamthompson3232 - 28 November 2011 01:53 AM

I just bought a new Dell desktop. Was going to buy an iMac but I need a fully functioning version of MS Excel and I just can’t justify paying 3x for an iMac vs. a Windows machine and then paying so I can run Windows and regular Office for Windows on the Mac.

What do others here do for machines on which they need a fully functioning version of Excel? I have the newest Office for Mac on my MBP and it sucks but is just barely passable for my laptop. Wouldn’t come close to cutting it on a desktop.

I run both Office 2010 and 2011 on Windows 7 (via Parallels) and Lion, respectively.  What is the Mac version missing now that Mr. Softie brought back the macros in Office 2011?

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:05 PM #34

I just bought a new Dell desktop. Was going to buy an iMac but I need a fully functioning version of MS Excel and I just can’t justify paying 3x for an iMac vs. a Windows machine and then paying so I can run Windows and regular Office for Windows on the Mac.

What do others here do for machines on which they need a fully functioning version of Excel? I have the newest Office for Mac on my MBP and it sucks but is just barely passable for my laptop. Wouldn’t come close to cutting it on a desktop.

Until you find a workable version for Mac of whatever you have in Windows, could use Parallels and run Windows under Lion. Started using it as PGP and TrueCrypt were not available for Lion (now they are) and same trouble with MS Office. Working great with all my Windows software including trading platforms. It is on offer at $59.99 instead $79.99 until November 30.

PS.: Posted this before seeing Mercel?s. grin

[ Edited: 27 November 2011 10:07 PM by BrazilNuts ]      
  • Posted: 27 November 2011 10:11 PM #35

adamthompson3232 - 28 November 2011 02:06 AM

But why would anyone buy a Mac if they just want to run Windows?

Who is suggesting that? 

You have the best of both world with a Mac.  Running enterprise apps on Windows 7 (I wish I didn’t have to) and everything else on the Mac.  I don’t use Internet Explorer out of fear of malware and viruses inside Windows 7 (I do run Kaspersky 2011, however).

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:14 PM #36

BrazilNuts - 28 November 2011 02:05 AM

Until you find a workable version for Mac of whatever you have in Windows, could use Parallels and run Windows under Lion. Started using it as PGP and TrueCrypt were not available for Lion (now they are) and same trouble with MS Office. Working great with all my Windows software including trading platforms. It is on offer at $59.99 instead $79.99 until November 30.

After owning an MBA for a couple of months, find Lion superior to Windows, however this is a big story. Trying to port my stuff and culture form Windows 7 to Lion and it does have some painful steps, like having a dual boot machine and virtualization as part of the early steps. In this case, Boot Camp and Parallels for playing safe. Hope soon will be only in Parallels and delete the Windows partition. Side effect is that Windows becomes “applelized”

A pain, but worth it.

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:16 PM #37

Mercel - 28 November 2011 02:11 AM

Who is suggesting that? 

You have the best of both world with a Mac.  Running enterprise apps on Windows 7 (I wish I didn’t have to) and everything else on the Mac.  I don’t use Internet Explorer out of fear of malware and viruses inside Windows 7 (I do run Kaspersky 2011, however).

Yes, same here.

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:23 PM #38

For anyone intending to buy this week, I respectfully submit the following bull call LEAP spreads for your consideration (prices given are the ASK, as of Friday close, and ROI is not annualized):

JAN’13 350/370 @ 10.70
    cost: $1070 per spread
    max loss: $1070 if AAPL < 350 on OE
    max gain: $930 if AAPL > 370 on OE
    B/E: 360.70
    Max ROI: 86.9%

JAN’13 360/380 @ 10.10
    cost: $1010 per spread
    max loss: $1010 if AAPL < 360 on OE
    max gain: $990 if AAPL > 380 on OE
    B/E: 370.10
    Max ROI: 98%

JAN’13 370/390 @ 9.10
    cost: $910 per spread
    max loss: $910 if AAPL < 370 on OE
    max gain: $1090 if AAPL > 390
    B/E: 379.10
    Max ROI: 119.7%

JAN’13 410/430 @ 8.40
    cost: $840 per spread
    max loss: $840 if AAPL < 410 on OE
    max gain: $1160 if AAPL > 430 on OE
    B/E: 418.40
    Max ROI: 138.1%

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:24 PM #39

AT, how is your options study coming along? wink

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:24 PM #40

ncgo4 - 28 November 2011 01:38 AM

Let me get this straight.  If the police tell you that you must leave or they will assault you it’s ok to then assault you if you don’t move?  I don’t think so.  The acceptable response to an unacceptable peaceful assembly is to arrest those assembled and let the judicial system determine the legality of the assembly.  Assault is NOT the accepable response.  IMHO, of course.

As I understand it, free assembly is okay in the area but those students where blocking something and so the university asked the cops to disperse the line.

I don’t know what those kids were even protesting.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:41 PM #41

Unique - 28 November 2011 02:33 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 28 November 2011 02:24 AM

Let me get this straight.  If the police tell you that you must leave or they will assault you it’s ok to then assault you if you don’t move?  I don’t think so.  The acceptable response to an unacceptable peaceful assembly is to arrest those assembled and let the judicial system determine the legality of the assembly.  Assault is NOT the accepable response.  IMHO, of course.

As I understand it, free assembly is okay in the area but those students where blocking something and so the university asked the cops to disperse the line.

They were only partially blocking an entrance way. How hard is it to detour around a group of about 12 students that were sitting down?

So are you’re supporting John Pike? C’mon Eric..don’t make me bust out Anthony Bologna the coward smile

I so wanna be a cop..lol..

In the States we have strong and solid property law. Trespassing is trespassing.

The rest I have no idea what you’re talking about and I fail to see how it effects the lives of citizens.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 10:47 PM #42

Those kids were protesting tuition hikes of up to 30% ......  I’ll edit the rest of my post as it was opinion .

Looks like a good day tomorrow .... malls packed and spending up.  Very confusing when considering the state of the economy in the world today.  IMHO, most don’t care what’s going on and are happy to pull out the plastic and go further into debt.  Maybe we should pepper spray them as well well when they can’t pay their bill ??  I’ll shut up now and go back into hiding. 

Happy holiday’s to all.  Hang in there longs ...  at some point people will have to run the numbers on Apple’s valuation.

• Posted: 27 November 2011 10:53 PM #43

Eric Landstrom - 28 November 2011 02:41 AM
    Unique - 28 November 2011 02:33 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 28 November 2011 02:24 AM

They were only partially blocking an entrance way. How hard is it to detour around a group of about 12 students that were sitting down?

So are you’re supporting John Pike? C’mon Eric..don’t make me bust out Anthony Bologna the coward smile

I so wanna be a cop..lol..

In the States we have strong and solid property law. Trespassing is trespassing.

The rest I have no idea what you’re talking about and I fail to see how it effects the lives of citizens.

Eric,

If you don’t mind me saying, there is nothing you can say or do to prevent Unique from continuing his bashing of the U.S., our police, or our politics. He isn’t interested in a discussion of the matter but just uses his shock & awe tactics (I.e. pictures, etc) just to get an emotional response (I’ve fallen for it).

I’m not sure what’s caused the change but boy, has his behavior degenerated over the past few weeks. Here’s hoping he changes back…

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:57 PM #44

unique,

Thought you are here to help folks like me who don’t understand TA :evil: ?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 27 November 2011 11:02 PM #45

I?m not sure what?s caused the change but boy, has his behavior degenerated over the past few weeks. Here?s hoping he changes back?

Just the latest way to be the center of attention when the old one ran out of steam.  I have seen this behaviour on other message boards - the pattern is familiar.