Time to move back above $400?

[ Edited: 09 December 2011 07:44 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 04 December 2011 06:19 PM #1

Dan Fitzpatrick on AAPL this upcoming week

Posted: 04 December 2011 06:44 PM #2

[This post was removed because the moderators arbitrarily censor.]

[ Edited: 08 January 2012 04:23 AM by the_dragonfly ]

Signature

In any society, when the rules are not enforced on some segment of the population, that segment will become increasingly abusive to the innocent. Examples: Cops & Old Timers on this forum.

Posted: 04 December 2011 06:53 PM #3

DawnTreader - 04 December 2011 09:56 PM

Time to move back above $400?

Broader-market-dependent.

To grab that extra 2.64 or so percent, AAPL will need a news catalyst or the broader markets to not tank 5%.  If the market heads up by about 3% at any point, AAPL should revisit 400. 

More good or at least not-bad economic news may allow AAPL a gentle ride up like we saw last year.  I made a dumb weekly side bet on AAPL staying at just about its current level or better, but I have limited hedges in case of FEAR.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 04 December 2011 06:57 PM #4

lovemyipad - 04 December 2011 10:19 PM

Apple has had a nice move?  From $426?  Further, not once did he mention anything related to Apple’s valuation.  Does he not know how to do the math to get to $600+ per share?  I like Dan but his commentary wasn’t very compelling to my ears.  I think he’s overworking his slide rule.

I don’t know what AAPL will do this week but I’m betting we will see higher.  However, $400 does appear to pose a barrier without a catalyst.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:01 PM #5

Italy Approves 30B-Euros Austerity and Growth Measures

I’m impressed.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:06 PM #6

Ah, but is ZeroHedge?  *bad attempt at humor*

The so-called “Super Mario” appears to be winning over some of the markets, if the lowering of bond yields below that 7% psychological barrier is any indication.

For some reason I find these quotes from the Bloomberg article kind of encouraging, because the whole deal sounds somewhat sensible to my admittedly uneducated ears:

?Medicine is always bitter, but sometimes it?s necessary to prevent the patient from dying,? Pierferdinando Casini, head of the Union of Centrists party, said yesterday after meeting with Monti.

The measures the new government plans to take are severe and necessary to ?make Italy better,? the leader of Berlusconi?s People of Liberty party, Angelino Alfano, said yesterday after the talks. ?Monti has been called in precisely to take decisions which are far from easy, and we are aware of this,? he said.

[ Edited: 04 December 2011 07:09 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:10 PM #7

Mercel - 04 December 2011 10:57 PM

Apple has had a nice move?  From $426?  Further, not once did he mention anything related to Apple’s valuation.  Does he not know how to do the math to get to $600+ per share?  I like Dan but his commentary wasn’t very compelling to my ears.  I think he’s overworking his slide rule.

I don’t know what AAPL will do this week but I’m betting we will see higher.  However, $400 does appear to pose a barrier without a catalyst.

Good news from the Euro zone would count as a catalyst, I submit.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:11 PM #8

[ Edited: 08 January 2012 04:23 AM by the_dragonfly ]

Signature

In any society, when the rules are not enforced on some segment of the population, that segment will become increasingly abusive to the innocent. Examples: Cops & Old Timers on this forum.

• Posted: 04 December 2011 07:12 PM #9

the_dragonfly - 04 December 2011 10:44 PM

I think we’ll see $380 before we see $400 again.  I think we’re going to have a down week. Maybe into $370-$375 territory.  I think there’s going to be a very nice bull run, and that Apple will set a new record stock price in January, but there’s going to be a lot of drama, fingernail biting and gnashing of teeth in the process.

i hope your wrong, id really like to see 400 this week.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:41 PM #10

[ Edited: 08 January 2012 04:22 AM by the_dragonfly ]

Signature

• Posted: 04 December 2011 07:42 PM #11

Mav - 04 December 2011 11:10 PM

Good news from the Euro zone would count as a catalyst, I submit.

Yep.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:44 PM #12

Dan’s a technician first and foremost, he doesn’t really care (from a trading perspective) about fundamentals.

Posted: 04 December 2011 07:50 PM #13

lovemyipad - 04 December 2011 11:01 PM

Italy Approves 30B-Euros Austerity and Growth Measures

I’m impressed.

“Monti?s Cabinet in Rome passed the measures a day earlier than planned

hmmm - maybe the US should get itself a technocratic government.  just kidding.  i think. smile

• Posted: 04 December 2011 07:50 PM #14

kloot - 04 December 2011 11:44 PM

Dan’s a technician first and foremost, he doesn’t really care (from a trading perspective) about fundamentals.

Then he shouldn’t be chastising a prediction of $666 that was based on fundamentals.  Dan is the one who sounds dumb about Apple.

I wish people would “unlearn” TA.  The more people play it, the kinkier the stock market gets.

• Posted: 04 December 2011 07:57 PM #15

Should you buy or sell AAPL tomorrow?  Here’s the answer!