Year End Technical Analysis

• Posted: 28 December 2011 01:21 AM

Even we amateur technicians sometimes see a pattern worth mentioning.  And what better time than year-end to take stock.

On the daily chart the BBEMA(20,2,0) shows that with one exception (early July) in the entirety of 2011 each time the stock price has reached the top of the band (like today), it has significantly corrected shortly thereafter.

However, breach of a plain old EMA Envelope (10,6,0), has forewarned of all three recent intermediate tops (late July, mid-Sep, and mid-Oct).  And we are still comfortably within that boundary (now at 419).

Slow Stochastic is also better than it was in those last three “tops”.

For those who like to draw lines, we recently had a bullish breakout of a triangle that formed over the last couple of months.

And my favorite technical indicator, the CNBC talking heads, remains firmly bullish.  On FastMoney last evening, they noted 1) Google is coming out with an iPad killer, 2) without Steve Jobs Apple is doomed, 3) iTV will be worthless because TV margins are so small, and 4) the iPhone 4s is lagging behind the competition.

[ Edited: 28 December 2011 01:25 AM by capablanca ]      

Posted: 28 December 2011 12:17 PM #1

Capa, thank you so much for sharing this!! smile

• Posted: 28 December 2011 01:59 PM #2

capablanca - 28 December 2011 05:21 AM

And my favorite technical indicator, the CNBC talking heads, remains firmly bullish.  On FastMoney last evening, they noted 1) Google is coming out with an iPad killer, 2) without Steve Jobs Apple is doomed, 3) iTV will be worthless because TV margins are so small, and 4) the iPhone 4s is lagging behind the competition.

Great work Love.

Your observation about CNBC is exactly why I haven’t watched ANY of the TV finical channels in over 5 months.  The qualifications to speak on any of those programs have nothing to do with financial smarts.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 28 December 2011 02:05 PM #3

Gregg Thurman - 28 December 2011 05:59 PM

Great work Love.

Your observation about CNBC is exactly why I haven’t watched ANY of the TV finical channels in over 5 months.  The qualifications to speak on any of those programs have nothing to do with financial smarts.

Gregg, oh, I wish that was my astute observation—the credit is entirely Capa’s! smile

• Posted: 28 December 2011 06:15 PM #4

lovemyipad - 28 December 2011 06:05 PM
    Gregg Thurman - 28 December 2011 05:59 PM

Great work Love.

Your observation about CNBC is exactly why I haven’t watched ANY of the TV financial channels in over 5 months.  The qualifications to speak on any of those programs have nothing to do with financial smarts.

Gregg, oh, I wish that was my astute observation—the credit is entirely Capa’s! smile

Sorry Cap.  Love, you probably deserved anyway.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 29 December 2011 09:50 PM #5

[This post was removed because the moderators arbitrarily censor.]

[ Edited: 08 January 2012 04:42 AM by the_dragonfly ]

Signature

In any society, when the rules are not enforced on some segment of the population, that segment will become increasingly abusive to the innocent. Examples: Cops & Old Timers on this forum.