Opinions on the Beijing store brawl

• Posted: 13 January 2012 05:24 PM

Chinese people are notoriously rude.  I can say so since I’m Chinese myself.  Beijing people are likely the rudest of the Chinese.  There are famous for spitting on the ground (even indoors), bumping into you without apologizing, smoking in your face, and getting in loud arguments in public.  In one case in Macau a Chinese guy parked his car in a clearly marked no parking zone.  When security told him he couldnt park there he yelled at them “it wont take long” and ran inside.  There, security stopped some girls he was with to check their bags as they always do.  Once again the man yelled at the security who was just doing his job.  Maybe when you’re fighting a billion people to get to the top you can’t afford to take a moment to chill out.

The media loves to focus on bad news and acts of violence.  There was no mention in any of the reports I read of how the other Apple stores in China launched smoothly.  Blaming Apple for these riots is ridiculous. 

BTW did anyone notice that Apple HK still has the iphone4s listed as unavailable after all this time?  Still being supply constained after all this time is a great since for next quarter now that everyone already realizes this quarter was a blowout.

Posted: 13 January 2012 05:34 PM #1

AndrewLing - 13 January 2012 09:24 PM

Chinese people are notoriously rude.  I can say so since I’m Chinese myself.  Beijing people are likely the rudest of the Chinese.  There are famous for spitting on the ground (even indoors), bumping into you without apologizing, smoking in your face, and getting in loud arguments in public.  In one case in Macau a Chinese guy parked his car in a clearly marked no parking zone.  When security told him he couldnt park there he yelled at them “it wont take long” and ran inside.  There, security stopped some girls he was with to check their bags as they always do.  Once again the man yelled at the security who was just doing his job.  Maybe when you’re fighting a billion people to get to the top you can’t afford to take a moment to chill out.

The media loves to focus on bad news and acts of violence.  There was no mention in any of the reports I read of how the other Apple stores in China launched smoothly.  Blaming Apple for these riots is ridiculous. 

BTW did anyone notice that Apple HK still has the iphone4s listed as unavailable after all this time?  Still being supply constained after all this time is a great since for next quarter now that everyone already realizes this quarter was a blowout.

Egg throwing is never good. AAPL won’t care. Apple will hand our free T-shirts and all will be forgiven for missing the release date. Apple missed by one day. This isn’t like the Dreamliner or Duke Nukem.

The upside: people get mad when Apple misses a release date.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 13 January 2012 05:58 PM #2

Per Gruber, here is Samsung’s response to the China 4s launch.

https://twitter.com/#!/brianshall/status/157848894624120832

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before