New ways not to look at AAPL

Posted: 23 January 2012 09:48 PM

This board is becoming tangentail in nature. In order to discuss anything in depth, you have to sign in to Facebook, or linked in or Zaky.com.

Isn’t the point to discuss it, and all things AAPL here!

I may be an old wipper snapper, but I do not need 23 logins to discuss AAPL. I want to do it here!

Let us regress to what was, and stop the what could be 23 logins.

And get off my lawn!

And I say we get 44 Billion from AAPL tomorrow.

iPads 16.98 Million
    Macs 5.23 Million
    iPhones 34.86 Million
    iPod who cares
    iTunes 1.6 Billion

EPS 12.91 per share

Why is everything here going external, that is MY question!

Is here not good enough, or is everyone just too hyped up on themselves, we need elsewhere to make them rock, feel good, make money!

As it is, this place only has 31 posters anyway. Same old same old.

I would vote for Luv for Mod if she would stop being so damn prolific, and even headed. I hold my proxy!

Yes we have P/E compression, and it will not stop now. We can and will see sub 12 P/E in the near distant future. I could not care less about this.

You find a company that is firing on all cylinders and has future growth prospects, buy the damn thing. I don’t give a fu@k what Gene says, nor Katy H, nor Jim C. They are the fluffing establishment that brings us to our knees.

I care about results. Make me money, old fashioned investing. Buy low, hold for a long time, and reap windfall profits due to your temerity and tenacity in your belief in what said company might do.

What company has the product, and penache that APPL does. NONE!

What company has the Brand penache AAPL does, NONE!

What company has the future growth prospect AAPL does, NONE!

What company has 100 Billion in Cash, NONE!

My belief in this community, that once was great is becoming limited.

I know what I am doing in my investment future, and I have gleaned many good kernels from this board, but that is diminishing on a daily basis, if is is any benefit at all.

If you want to discuss AAPL, and it’s future with reason, and sanguine, this seems to be a good place to do it.

I do not feel I need anywhere else, nor should you 31 folks!

That is the charter of this forum anyway!

Best

Brian

[ Edited: 23 January 2012 10:05 PM by MacManus ]

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

Posted: 23 January 2012 09:57 PM #1

MacManus - 24 January 2012 01:48 AM

This board is becoming tangentail in nature. In order to discuss anything in depth, you have to sign in to Facebook, or linked in or Zaky.com.

Isn’t the point to discuss it, and all things AAPL here!

I may be an old wipper snapper, but I do not need 23 logins to discuss AAPL. I want to do it here!

Let us regress to what was, and stop the what could be 23 logins.

And get off my lawn!

And I say we get 44 Billion from AAPL tomorrow.

iPads 16.98 Million
    Macs 5.23 Million
    iPhones 34.86 Million
    iPod who cares
    iTunes 1.6 Billion

EPS 12.91 per share

Why is everything here going external, that is MY question!

Is here not good enough, or is everyone just too hyped up on themselves, we need elsewhere to make them rock, feel good, make money!

As it is, this place only has 31 posters anyway. Same old same old.

I would vote for Luv for Mod if she would stop being so damn prolific, and even headed. I hold my proxy!

Like your style, Mac.  Hope you’re right.

Posted: 23 January 2012 10:20 PM #2

And another thing about this board that irritates me, when did we become option monster.com?

Yes, I am well aware of the power of options. Done well and felt burnt!

CNBC is the option venue, with Guy A and his ilk.

Almost no talk is done regarding simple buy and hold. You know, buy at 16 and hold till 427.36.

I almost feel like I am reading a CNBC news cast here anymore. The rare exception au contraire!

You 31 folks can continue down this path, or change can occur. I speak to you DT, as the Admin.

Make a change, and for the good.

This is a dissemination forum, or it is soon dead. Lose the monetization aspect!

Signature

Posted: 23 January 2012 10:44 PM #3

I shat on all 31 of you.

No apologies.

Discuss all things AAPL here or move on and make your money.

I prefer to make my money here on AAPL

Signature

• Posted: 24 January 2012 12:41 AM #4

Hey Mac,

I am a buy and holder since 2002, and am kinda new. I have seen others comment that buying and holding for 10 years or so does not leave much to discuss. Should we come on and announce we are still holding the stock every six months?

When I first joined, I think we were in the twilight of discussing “all things” Apple.  There were some great discussions, but alas it was deemed that many of those were not “financial” enough and sent off to solitary confinement over at One Infinite Loop.  Much of the value of the forum died for me when that happened.  Some great posters just went away.

So I kind of hear you because now we have 95% of posts dedicated to short term trading.  But what are you suggesting we do about it?  I was hoping that this forum would be a good venue to discuss everything related to Apple, but people with more authority and history than me have said loud and clear that this is a FINANCE forum.  And at the same time those with the smarts to really contribute on finance decided to take their discussions elsewhere.

I agree with your overall point of view.  This Board is basically dying for everyone except short term traders. I can see how it happened, and I would hope there is a way to fix it.

I think we would need to start with those who decided to take their discussions elsewhere to come back, but I don’t think that is going to happen, so c’est la vie.

[ Edited: 24 January 2012 09:42 AM by Lstream ]      

Posted: 24 January 2012 09:54 PM #5

MacManus, “build it, and they will come.” smile 

Please consider talking about whatever you want, whatever is missing; and those who share your AAPL interests (maybe more than the usual 31 suspects?) will gravitate toward those threads in which you participate.  That’s what I do, as you know from aaaallll my posts. wink

[ Edited: 24 January 2012 09:59 PM by lovemyipad ]