Weekend Updates

Posted: 27 January 2012 07:26 PM

Nice weather we’re having.  In…AAPL…stock market…land.

Hopefully most of us are in good spirits with some more money to play with, invest, etc. in the markets.  Wonder where we go from here?

In the meantime, it’s the weekend!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 January 2012 07:48 PM #1

Break out the guac!!!

Posted: 27 January 2012 07:50 PM #2

The biggest gainers this Wednesday can treat this time.  wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 January 2012 07:53 PM #3

Mercel’s bringing the guac…

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:01 PM #4

You said it, not me.  I didn’t have any one person in mind. :D

Do deliver the minimally processed batch in your Rolls-Royce Phantom 102EX EV, will you old chap (along with organic Grey Poupon)?  Good show!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:02 PM #5

Make your own….

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:15 PM #6

Well, I fully understand that the last few days do not a market make, but the action in Apple since Wednesday morning has been very interesting. I believed we would get more of a selloff from the quickly established range on Wednesday mid-morning (after the Mav-infuriating initial pop), maybe a decline to 435 or so. I mean, thee were a lot of profits to be realized for the clever chaps who bought the run up and held through Tuesday (e.g., Mercel the Mighty). Many of these folks did sell all or part of their positions between Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon, but…..what a balance in supply and demand. 

We found sellers and buyers doing the four dollar tango for three full days until the last thirty minutes of trading today. At that point it seems the buyers realized there was no more there, there as far as dips and stepped in to (he says with quiet pleasure) hold over the weekend.

bodes well, I think. Is 440 the floor?  Do we crawl up from here? Does Mercel own a Rolls Royce? Is Mav ever going to sleep?

Inquiring minds want to know…..

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 27 January 2012 08:15 PM #7

I am curious.  What do you consider a big trade to be?  Is it the cost of the trade or is it how much profit is made from the trade?  For me, a big trade is 25k+ for total cost of all trades on the table.  I’m talking about trading, not long term holdings.

• Posted: 27 January 2012 08:18 PM #8

Mav, you do seem to stay up late.  Mind sharing your time zone?  Am curious, again.

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:26 PM #9

I’m in the same half of the US as AT is.

I’m part of the self-titled, one-person AFB Night Owl Team?.

And with my trusty 4S, I finally have a phone powerful enough to brute-force its way through these non-mobile-optimized TMO forums from anywhere, anytime. 

That should answer your questions.

alice, some of the trades going on amongst some of the AFB members are mind-bogglingly big.  I have no idea how big exactly, but it’s not hard to get a sense of the cars and small-to-large homes’ worth of trades being placed.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:47 PM #10

Mav,
    Put on another butterfly yesterday (440/445/450) that paid off nicely after holding it till about noon today. One of these days they’ll get mr but for noe, liking these dull Fridays.

Good weekend all!

Red, what did you think of Siri last night? grin

• Posted: 27 January 2012 08:48 PM #11

Greetings, AFB folk,

I’m a long-time lurker coming out of the shadows, and it seemed like Guacamole hour is as good as time as any.

I’d like to give a sincere thanks to one and all for the daily intelligence given so freely on this board.  There isn’t anything like it for AAPL, for sure.  I wish there were comparable boards for other good stocks.

I’m one of the dull, long investors.  Not at a lot to comment on for any given trading day.  I do follow with interest the many short-term and middle-term plays that get discussed here every day, and am slowly trying to educate myself with an eye to dabbling in leaps. 

In the mean time, I plan to add to my shares at each significant pull-back.

Thanks again for all the thoughts, opinions, wins and losses shared.

Paul S.

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:48 PM #12

Chas, I’d love to hear what the hell you’re doing with those butterflies and, in general terms, how well.  LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 27 January 2012 08:49 PM #13

I admit I stay up late too.  I have enjoyed all your late night postings, Mav.

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:49 PM #14

Welcome, Paul.  The AFB is a big tent.  All contributions delivered with thought, respect and due consideration are welcome here.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 27 January 2012 09:04 PM #15

Mav - 28 January 2012 12:48 AM

Chas, I’d love to hear what the hell you’re doing with those butterflies and, in general terms, how well.  LOL

Well today I turned it around for 43%. Held it overnight which is the scary part, who knows gonna happen in the premarket. Have gotten lucky so far I guess. Hard to get fills on these both sides as well. I’m not placing huge bets, that’s for sure! Oh, and not trying to squeeze them to the end, take the money and run.