When will Apple hit $500/Share

Posted: 13 February 2012 11:11 AM #61

Now.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

• Posted: 13 February 2012 11:17 AM #62

and i just bought some over 500

• Posted: 13 February 2012 11:54 AM #63

Immediately after the iPhone launch 5 years ago, my view changed from “Apple can win if they get things right” to “Apple can’t lose unless they make serious blunders”. I did a tot up of the market caps of business I thought would be taken by Apple, and came up with $500 a share for Apple. There have been had times in between, but we’ve got there, and it’s clear there’s a lot further to go.

Despite the above, I closed my OTM April options around $450, Intending to have a little think before rolling forwards, and missed a 10% jump!

Posted: 13 February 2012 03:10 PM #64

Mace - 31 January 2012 05:25 AM
    adamthompson3232 - 31 January 2012 05:10 AM

I’m sticking with $500 per share by February 13th of this year.

I vote with all limbs that you’re right.  $480 would be good enough for me.

On the dot!

BIG WINNER!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 13 February 2012 03:17 PM #65

Mav - 13 February 2012 07:10 PM
    Mace - 31 January 2012 05:25 AM
    adamthompson3232 - 31 January 2012 05:10 AM

I’m sticking with $500 per share by February 13th of this year.

I vote with all limbs that you’re right.  $480 would be good enough for me.

On the dot!

BIG WINNER!

Where’s the guy who asked if I was drinking too much?:) Obviously whatever I’m drinking is working for me. 5-figure Mondays rule!:)

Posted: 13 February 2012 03:48 PM #66

Your Grey Goose is golden.

And your drinking has always been your business.  Take that one up with steve the post before mine :D

Congrats for staying on the AAPL train since last Friday.  I had to stop, catch my breath, then rent a fast car and a stunt driver in a dramatic chase scene to get on the train just as it’s about to lose momentum and fling me a few hundred yards.

But when I see AAPL 520+, at least, by May, I gotta go for it.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 13 February 2012 03:51 PM #67

Mav - 13 February 2012 07:48 PM

And your drinking has always been your business.  Take that one up with steve the post before mine :D

Congrats for staying on the AAPL train since last Friday.  I had to stop, catch my breath, then rent a fast car and a stunt driver in a dramatic chase scene to get on the train just as it’s about to lose momentum and fling me a few hundred yards.

$520 by May? Try $520 by March 13th.

• Posted: 13 February 2012 04:00 PM #68

sleepygeek - 13 February 2012 03:54 PM

Immediately after the iPhone launch 5 years ago, my view changed from “Apple can win if they get things right” to “Apple can’t lose unless they make serious blunders”. I did a tot up of the market caps of business I thought would be taken by Apple, and came up with $500 a share for Apple. There have been had times in between, but we’ve got there, and it’s clear there’s a lot further to go.

Despite the above, I closed my OTM April options around $450, Intending to have a little think before rolling forwards, and missed a 10% jump!

As I remember it, the original introduction of the iPhone was webcast live.  As soon as it was finished I sent out an email to my extended family who had been chiding me relentlessly for a couple of years for having every nickel invested in AAPL.  It had only four words And one emoticon. 

I’M GONNA BE RICH smile

I have you and Tommo and DT and Deagol and a few others to thank for helping me stay the course.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 13 February 2012 04:03 PM #69

adamthompson32 - 13 February 2012 07:51 PM

I’m not playing all or nothing with my trading portfolio AT wink.  Jul 12s for now.

Btw, what did you decide on as your short-term AAPL trading strategy?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 13 February 2012 04:07 PM #70

AT,

Really a fine call on 500. When you made it I thought you were…well,maybe a tad aggresive. I stand corrected.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 13 February 2012 04:10 PM #71

Mav - 13 February 2012 08:03 PM

I’m not playing all or nothing with my trading portfolio AT wink.  Jul 12s for now.

The only big decision I really made was to not sell all my shares except 200 which is what I was planning to do when AAPL didn’t launch after the earnings call. So, I held all my shares. And I bought a couple more April $500’s. Was going to buy some weeklies but a friend talked me out of it.

Posted: 13 February 2012 05:01 PM #72

You know AT, it’s not terribly easy to have five-figure days without a considerable amount of leverage.  raspberry

Congratulations on the unbelievably accurate call!  Celebrate responsibly…it’s just Monday, and we still have more multiples of 100 that we have to predict! LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 13 February 2012 10:48 PM #73

AT, don’t get wussy now.  520 in the next 4-10 days. :D

• Posted: 13 February 2012 11:02 PM #74

adamthompson32 - 13 February 2012 08:10 PM
    Mav - 13 February 2012 08:03 PM

The only big decision I really made was to not sell all my shares except 200 which is what I was planning to do when AAPL didn’t launch after the earnings call. So, I held all my shares. And I bought a couple more April $500’s. Was going to buy some weeklies but a friend talked me out of it.

AT I followed your trade back in December when you ought February 400’s.  I didn’t have the gut to let it play out and am now kickin myself.  It would have put my gains in the 6 digits. Live and learn. Thanks for posting your positions.  Our thoughts on the board are valuable.

• Posted: 14 February 2012 12:10 AM #75

lovemyipad - 14 February 2012 02:48 AM

AT, don’t get wussy now.  520 in the next 4-10 days. :D

+1.  A 4% move is nuthin’ over 4-10 days.