The Apple iTV…

• Posted: 17 August 2012 12:18 PM #181

Mercel - 17 August 2012 03:08 PM

More on Apple HDTV in production, using ATT and VZ to sell a premium set.  Interesting.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/17/jefferies-apple-to-partner-with-att-and-verizon-on-premium-apple-television-release-separate-cable-set-top-box-for-comcast/

Yes this is interesting. The idea of Apple providing TV content via AT&T and Verizon makes sense on many levels.

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:27 PM #182

VentureBeat

New prototype of Apple Retail Store ?  High bandwidth for video capability.

Apple is building a new store in the heart of Silicon Valley with an extremely high-bandwidth connection to one of the Internet?s major hubs.

With the 16,600-square-foot, two-story store, Apple will be trying out a ?new prototype? of its retail environment, according to documents filed with the architectural review board in Palo Alto, Calif., where the store is located. Along with the familiar all-glass storefront and the prominent use of stone, the new store will include interior trees and a skylight.

It will also be linked to one of the busiest and highest-capacity access points on the Internet, the Palo Alto Internet Exchange (PAIX), which will give Apple the ability to demonstrate bandwidth-hungry services ? such as live, streaming video ? to hundreds of individual customers at a time.

Photographs of the building site at 340 University Ave. in Palo Alto, as well as construction documents filed with the city of Palo Alto, strongly suggest the company?s plans. None of the public documents name Apple, and the storefront does not yet carry the company?s name, but multiple strands of evidence point towards the site?s ultimate tenant being Apple.

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:16 PM #183

Tetrachloride - 19 August 2012 05:27 PM

VentureBeat

New prototype of Apple Retail Store ?  High bandwidth for video capability.

Apple is building a new store in the heart of Silicon Valley with an extremely high-bandwidth connection to one of the Internet?s major hubs.

With the 16,600-square-foot, two-story store, Apple will be trying out a ?new prototype? of its retail environment, according to documents filed with the architectural review board in Palo Alto, Calif., where the store is located. Along with the familiar all-glass storefront and the prominent use of stone, the new store will include interior trees and a skylight.

It will also be linked to one of the busiest and highest-capacity access points on the Internet, the Palo Alto Internet Exchange (PAIX), which will give Apple the ability to demonstrate bandwidth-hungry services ? such as live, streaming video ? to hundreds of individual customers at a time.

Photographs of the building site at 340 University Ave. in Palo Alto, as well as construction documents filed with the city of Palo Alto, strongly suggest the company?s plans. None of the public documents name Apple, and the storefront does not yet carry the company?s name, but multiple strands of evidence point towards the site?s ultimate tenant being Apple.

High bandwidth? Like the kind of bandwidth that would be needed to display HD video on 30 TV’s at once? 

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 19 August 2012 05:24 PM #184

JDSoCal - 19 August 2012 07:16 PM

High bandwidth? Like the kind of bandwidth that would be needed to display HD video on 30 TV’s at once? 

I thought they mentioned 100.

Signature

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:07 PM #185

I have a feeling an iTV is still 24 months or more in the future.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/24/eddy_cue_suggests_apple_television_unlikely_without_content_deals.html

• Posted: 24 August 2012 01:09 PM #186

omacvi - 24 August 2012 04:07 PM

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/24/eddy_cue_suggests_apple_television_unlikely_without_content_deals.html

That is fine. Do it right the first time.

I will be holding on to my current Panasonic until it comes out.

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:20 PM #187

AppleDoc - 24 August 2012 04:09 PM
    omacvi - 24 August 2012 04:07 PM

That is fine. Do it right the first time.

I will be holding on to my current Panasonic until it comes out.

I agree 100%.

They have their hands full with the iPhone and iPad for the next 3 years.

Plenty of time to improve the content options and apply pressure on the content creators and cable operators to give in.

Time is on our side on this and when Apple comes out with the right product, I think it will be bigger then anyone ever expected.

In 5 years everyone will be talking about how great the iTV is and where it is going.