Content is King, and Marketing is the grease.

Posted: 07 February 2012 01:35 AM

If you did not see the television show “Smash” tonight, you missed a very good chance to see Apple at it’s best.

If there was one thing that Steve knew, and knew well, it was that music tugs at the heartstrings. As a marketing tool music rains supreme. It goes to our collective core so to speak, and rightfully so.

In the last 5-6 years, AAPL has done a very fine job of product placement, especially on the big four, CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. They did an especially good job of product placement and marketing with the early years of American Idol. Yada Yada Yada, they have continued in this vain.

Tonites show of Smash is going to be exactly that, and it is very apparent with all the AAPL placement of AAPL products from the very git go. And it also has a riveting story line.

I wish folks could wrap their collective heads around the fact that the folks at AAPL know what the frig (ney fuck) they are doing. I have not seen a new pilot program that was so pro AAPL since the beginning of time. A good story line just makes it better for me, and I had hair standing up on the back of my neck! That good.

Every other commercial was for the iPhone, and the product placement within the show is off the charts. Way off, as comparison to anything I have seen to date. I am not sure who leads AAPL’s marketing venture, but I give great kudo’s to whomever it is. Home Run kudo’s!

This show IMHO is going to be a Neilson home run, and I think the folks at AAPL knew it, consigned it, and blessed it. It is CONTENT.

Why CONTENT is all caps? Great frigging question, and the answer is what you already know. AAPL is getting in the content biz. Yes, I said AAPL is getting in the content biz, and it will grow exponentially from today on.

If you want to make dollars, content is king.

I truly believe that the show “SMASH” was proposed to AAPL when Steve was still with us, and if not, and it was his afterlife team that dreamed this up, it would gel that we are in good hands. Either way it is a win!

The show will be a neilson hit anyway you look at it, short lived?, who knows. It is just another singular event that could lend credence to being an AAPL long investor. It is not the war to be won, it is but the battles. And we are in a content eccentric world. AAPL is starting to win an awful lot of battles. Screw the war. That was over a long time ago, and we have a hell of a lot of market share to grab.

Good on ya AAPL marketing folk. Tie in heart string music, a great script, and great AAPL products. Frigging genious.

2 cents

[ Edited: 07 February 2012 01:59 AM by MacManus ]

Signature

“the power to crush the other kids”

http://www.differentdistrict.com/movies/play.php?id=280_0_28_0

Posted: 07 February 2012 04:08 AM #1

Excellent! Hope the show does well!

Sounds like as big a blatant apple advertisement as Mission impossible 4 was (although in that case it might have had a helping hand from being Pixars Brad Birds first live action film).

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 08 February 2012 10:28 AM #2

MacManus - 07 February 2012 05:35 AM

If you did not see the television show “Smash” tonight, you missed a very good chance to see Apple at it’s best…..
    ....Good on ya AAPL marketing folk. Tie in heart string music, a great script, and great AAPL products. Frigging genious.

2 cents

And here I haven’t watched network programming in months.  Day, time, network please.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 08 February 2012 02:20 PM #3

I didn’t bother with the show, so I can’t speak to the amount of product placement. Your description leaves me feeling as if it’s probably TOO MUCH.

Seeing my otherwise beloved Apple logo more than once or twice per episode begins to feel cloying, overbearing. For that matter, once only every two or three episodes would be fine.