Posting Problems

• Posted: 09 February 2012 03:39 AM

I’ve received a couple of messages from members indicating there is a posting problem in the forum. Apparently when efforts to post are made the system responds that the content is considered spam. I’ve alerted the site owners to the situation. Obviously, not all members are experiencing this problem.

I’ll advise of a resolution or a workaround as soon as I receive a response.

[ Edited: 10 February 2012 06:17 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 09 February 2012 04:55 AM #1

Beyond the call, Robert.  Thanks.

Honestly, the only problem I’ve ever had, aside from general forum access issues, is with excessively short comments, maybe because it’s too short a time between the “+1” and the submit post button…which you solve by adding a couple extra words.

It could be that blacklisted link thing too.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 February 2012 12:46 PM #2

I received a note back from the TMO webmaster. There have been no changes in the forums. It’s possible if certain long links or multiple links are included in posts the system will reject the posts.

• Posted: 09 February 2012 11:13 PM #3

TMO’s webmaster is continuing to work on the issue to identify the cause(s) of the problems.

Posted: 10 February 2012 12:18 AM #4

I wanted to quickly chime in and verify that we are looking into this. I will update here when I know more. Thanks for your patience while we try and figure this one out.

Posted: 10 February 2012 12:58 AM #5

Unrelated, but Adam, why won’t the current forum software let me delete my own posts?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 February 2012 01:22 AM #6

Mav - 10 February 2012 04:58 AM

Unrelated, but Adam, why won’t the current forum software let me delete my own posts?

Mav, it’s actually possible the issue might be related. I just pushed what i hope is a fix for the bug mention in this thread and It might have also fixed your issue. You may still not be able to delete your own posts that were posted before I made the change though. Let me know.

• Posted: 10 February 2012 01:38 AM #7

Mav - 09 February 2012 08:55 AM

Beyond the call, Robert.  Thanks.

Honestly, the only problem I’ve ever had, aside from general forum access issues, is with excessively short comments, maybe because it’s too short a time between the “+1” and the submit post button…which you solve by adding a couple extra words.

It could be that blacklisted link thing too.

+1   LOL

Posted: 10 February 2012 02:00 AM #8

Nope.  “Not authorized to perform this action”, Adam.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 February 2012 02:33 AM #9

tried to make an eloquent long winded first post and was “spam blocked”.  Bummer

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

• Posted: 10 February 2012 04:29 AM #10

LEAPfrog - 10 February 2012 06:33 AM

tried to make an eloquent long winded first post and was “spam blocked”.  Bummer

Ditto. Looks like it works now? Great!

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:50 AM #11

this is a test whether i can post again

Edit: works!

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

• Posted: 10 February 2012 06:17 PM #12

It appears TMO’s hard working webmaster has resolved the issue. Adam, thank you for your quick response to the posting problem.