Safari cookies perma-removal.

Posted: 09 February 2012 10:05 PM

A week or two ago, My Mac got slow in text dialog boxes and frequent beech ball stalls while using Safari.

Some processor cores where screaming along (see image). Timing wise I needed to install silver lining and Google’s Chrome to update my Ford truck’s Microsoft Sync system.

In the image, my VMware is going bonkers. I don’t know why. It runs a virtual machine that is running XP with service pack 2 (not 3) and a trading application. It does nothing else and the trading application is the only thing that has been launched.

Questions:

1) How do I uninstall silver lining and Google Chrome? I cannot find either install app to tell it to uninstall.

2) Safari cookies, even when completely removed, keep coming back, all 4590 of them. By coming back, I mean I deleted them, left the room for a couple of hours and nobody touched my mac, and *poof* the cookies are all right back. How do I remove the cookies and keep them gone until I manually visit web pages?

Thanks.

Image Attachments

CPU.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 15 February 2012 03:27 PM #1

Nobody knows how to perma-remove Safari cookies?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.