iPad 3: Will You Buy the New Model?

Posted: 10 February 2012 12:35 PM

Credible sources are saying Apple will unveil the iPad 3 in early March and ship the new version of its multimedia tablet a week or so later. Are you planning on buying the new iPad when it ships?

• Posted: 10 February 2012 12:48 PM #1

I will have to weigh in on any new features.  Do not own an iPad yet, but may purchase the iPad2 if the price comes down a bit and the features of the iPad3 are not earth shaking.

Signature

KnightATC

Posted: 10 February 2012 12:49 PM #2

The new iPad will undoubtedly be amazing. A triumph of engineering that will let you do all sorts of things.

But I have an iPad2 that already can do more than I need. I’m also saving up for a new MacBook pro.  I’ll be setting this one out.

[ Edited: 10 February 2012 01:04 PM by geoduck ]

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 10 February 2012 01:38 PM #3

I will be. I have a first generation iPad and want to pass it on to a daughter in order to get a faster one for myself.

• Posted: 10 February 2012 02:12 PM #4

1st Gen iPad owner here, and I will be getting a 3 as soon as I can. Just got a new job, so I probably can’t get one with my first paycheck, but it won’t be soon after smile

Signature

—Bob

If you agree totally with (fill-in-the-blank with your political affiliation), then you’re not thinking.

- Rodney O. Lain, RIP 2002

Posted: 10 February 2012 02:31 PM #5

If e rumor proves true then I will get one for my wife and keep the iPad 2 for myself.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 10 February 2012 03:17 PM #6

Sell the iPad2 to a friend.
    Buy an iPad3.
    Not that much money, especially when it is a deductible business expense.

Signature

Dave Barnes
    +1.303.744.9024
    WebEnhancement Services - Worldwide

• Posted: 10 February 2012 03:45 PM #7

For this software tester, unless there’s a compelling need and justification to buy the iPad 3 promptly at full retail price - an important client needs it for testing their app(s) right away - I may not need to be at the bleeding edge. I expect a price drop on iPad 2 refurbs as the 3 is released, and may get a previous gen 3G model to replace or supplement my WiFi iPad 1. In a few months, I may then buy the 3 when (lower-cost) refurbs become available.

• Posted: 10 February 2012 06:45 PM #8

How about a section for I just got my iPad 2 and I am happily learning to use it first?

Posted: 10 February 2012 08:08 PM #9

Own the iPad v1

Unless something happens to it, I’ll probably keep with the iPad v1

Signature

Smile they said, it could be worse. So we did, and it was!

Posted: 11 February 2012 12:34 AM #10

I have never owned an iAnything, but in the past couple of months I have been lusting for an iPad.  I knew the 3 would be coming this year, so I have waited.

And you know something? I have zero ideas what I will use it for.  I don’t even know how to use it.  This is complete techno-lust.  And even knowing that I have been cunningly manipulated into desiring this thing (a Mac owner since ‘84), I still must have it.  I feel good about being manipulated.

I think Apple is about to take over the world.

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics

Posted: 11 February 2012 06:56 AM #11

Yes I will be buying an iPad 3 (if and) when they come out and it’s all because of iBooks Author wink

• Posted: 09 April 2012 06:07 AM #12

i am waiting for Ipad 3