AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 26 February 2012 07:49 PM

New ATH tomorrow?

[ Edited: 01 March 2012 11:58 PM by lovemyipad ]      
  • Posted: 26 February 2012 08:03 PM #1

lovemyipad - 26 February 2012 11:49 PM

New ATH tomorrow?

Would love to see a move above 530, but have a feeling the market is getting ready to freak out again about Europe/Gas/Iran/Syria/China/Smurfs, etc.

AAPL has held up well against the market over the last month though, so we may be just fine.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:07 PM #2

The torch passes from Robert to iPad!  (Have a great AAPL Investor Summit in a few weeks!)

New ATH?  I say yes.  At least that’s what the end-of-day chart on Friday spoke to me (and I could be wrong of course).  iPad 3 Fever draws nigh… 

I have a pretty versatile trade that I can be out of by market open, or wait out with lots of antacids through April earnings if needed.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:13 PM #3

Mav!!  We had the same interpretation of the Friday chart!!  See, you’re a natural!! wink

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:15 PM #4

iPad, it’s EASY when it’s linear! LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:18 PM #5

I say we gap up and close in the red.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:19 PM #6

Mav - 27 February 2012 12:15 AM

iPad, it’s EASY when it’s linear! LOL

Oh, you mean YOU weren’t basing your reading off the MACD-h?!?! wink

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:19 PM #7

Nagrani - 27 February 2012 12:18 AM

I say we gap up and close in the red.

Ooooh, are you thinking “gap and crap” ?

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:28 PM #8

Geithner-Schaeuble Spar Over Sovereign Debt

?Leadership Role?

Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty pointed the finger at Germany, saying that it was time for Europe?s dominant country to ?take that leadership role very seriously and come up with an overall euro-zone plan.?

While the government in Berlin faced criticism, the Frankfurt-based ECB was singled out for praise by both Geithner and Lagarde, with the IMF chief saying the central bank?s actions helped avert ?derailment? of the global recovery.

?Given some of the official narrative in the runup to the meeting, few expected it to yield much in terms of concrete agreements,? Mohamed El-Erian, chief executive officer of Pacific Investment Management Co., said in an e-mailed response to questions. Even so, ?it would be unwise for markets and policymakers to think that ECB liquidity injections, while powerful, would durably substitute for proper actions to improve growth, competitiveness and debt solvency.?

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:31 PM #9

Nagrani, do you include iPad anticipation in your thinking?

iPad, I’m more visual than analytical. wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 February 2012 08:33 PM #10

PIMCO chief comments, as we know, reflect the current state of affairs.  Structural changes, not just liquidity.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 26 February 2012 08:44 PM #11

lovemyipad - 26 February 2012 11:49 PM

New ATH tomorrow?

I don’t know about Monday’s high, I only track Friday to Friday.

My historic trend metric shows AAPL’s intraday low moving from $518.64 to $525.41 this coming Friday (1.31%).  But that percentage move is heavily impacted by 2009’s -6.09% weekly decline.  Without 2009 results the trend indicates a 5.00% move up from last Friday to this coming Friday ($544.37).  That’s a sample of two, however, and I’m not at all comfortable with that.

Then again, I don’t think we have to worry about the depressed trend which includes 2009 results, because AAPL has been exceeding the historic trend, since January earnings, by an average of 198%.  If THAT trend continues, then the indicated increase of 1.31% will, in fact, be 3.90%.

That rate of increase works out to a Friday (March 2) intraday low of $538.66.  Certainly, should the past continue to prove prologue, we will see $530 sometime before then.

If these numbers hold true, then we can expect to see ISM expansion the following week, reversing a 5 quarter (post 2008/9) meltdown trend.  Wouldn’t that be nice. :!:

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 26 February 2012 09:12 PM #12

Gregg, macro factors aside, are you accounting for iPad 3?

If you and Nagrani are leaving it out, I don’t think you should.  Any media announcement this week is gonna mess with the usual order of things.  It’s one of those “events.”

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 February 2012 09:14 PM #13

Darth Vader ringing the NYSE bell over the Smurfs, any day of the week.  I don’t think anyone’s pinned bad market days on him.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 26 February 2012 09:28 PM #14

Mav - 27 February 2012 12:33 AM

PIMCO chief comments, as we know, reflect the current state of affairs.  Structural changes, not just liquidity.

Talking his book?

Posted: 26 February 2012 09:30 PM #15

There was a recent article somewhere showing AAPL’s best days tend to be Mondays, but I can’t remember where it was.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007