OT: Vrooom…

• Posted: 27 March 2012 10:08 PM #106

roni - 28 March 2012 12:58 AM

I like the Crossfox, and they sell it where we are moving next year

Believe it or not but this car is related to the Bugatti.  In any event,  VW’s rock!

• Posted: 27 March 2012 10:25 PM #107

Mercel - 28 March 2012 01:08 AM

Believe it or not but this car is related to the Bugatti.  In any event,  VW’s rock!

I would like to hear more about that

• Posted: 27 March 2012 10:30 PM #108

roni - 28 March 2012 01:25 AM
    Mercel - 28 March 2012 01:08 AM

I would like to hear more about that

The Bugatti was developed by The Volkswagen Group.  Great lineage there.

Posted: 07 April 2012 11:48 PM #109

Brief OT aside:  Did you know that as of 2007 per DOT statistics, there were a little over 250 million registered cars in the US?  Wow!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 April 2012 11:48 PM #110

Mav - 08 April 2012 02:45 AM

Kinda like I said, as long as the intent isn?t to show relative superiority.

Of course, cars can conjure mental images (before anyone starts on my envy complex, yes I do have a car - oh crap I think I just gave away too much info LOL), but that’s a matter for a different topic.

I drive a 1994 Mazda MPV smile

But rent a new car for road trips.  It is cheaper that way

Posted: 07 April 2012 11:49 PM #111

Ah, the MPV.  Fine minivan.  Btw roni, I hear really good things about the CX-5 if you were looking to change up your ride (though I know you were looking into VWs or something).

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 07 April 2012 11:51 PM #112

Mav - 08 April 2012 02:49 AM

Ah, the MPV.  Fine minivan.  Btw roni, I hear really good things about the CX-5 if you were looking to change up your ride (though I know you were looking into VWs or something).

Trying to hold off until we move to the Yucatan Peninsula next year.  We like the Mazda 5 too.

Posted: 07 April 2012 11:55 PM #113

I would go CX-5 over Mazda5.  Much more modern vehicle.  You lose a little space but gain a lot of other benefits like fuel economy and actually potentially superior driving dynamics since the platform is as new as they get.  Obviously if you’re the type of person who distrusts Year 1 of new cards, that’s something to think about.

Something else to consider, it’s yet unclear if Mazda5 has a future.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 15 April 2012 12:33 AM #114

Have a listen to the Audi R8 LMS if you appreciate just how amazing a race car can sound.  Drool.

• Posted: 15 April 2012 12:51 AM #115

Lstream - 15 April 2012 03:33 AM

Have a listen to the Audi R8 LMS if you appreciate just how amazing a race car can sound.  Drool.

One of my neighbors just bought a R8 Spyder.  Looks very good in black.  However, in 7-10 years, I’m not sure how well the styling holds up in the lighter colors.  The slats in the front and rear are a bit overdone when they’re set off against white and silver paint.

• Posted: 15 April 2012 01:07 AM #116

Mercel - 15 April 2012 03:51 AM

One of my neighbors just bought a R8 Spyder.  Looks very good in black.  However, in 7-10 years, I’m not sure how well the styling holds up in the lighter colors.  The slats in the front and rear are a bit overdone when they’re set off against white and silver paint.

Ya, I am not the biggest fan of the Spyder myself.  Especially with the roof up.  On the other hand, I never get tired of the coupe.  All of this stuff comes down to personal taste.

Except for Vettes.  They should be banned. Right JDS?  wink

Posted: 11 May 2012 06:55 PM #117

RIP, Carroll Shelby, American icon…

Auto legend Carroll Shelby, father of Cobra, dies

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 17 May 2012 08:08 AM #118

Well, I did it.

On Tuesday evening, I went to the Audi dealership and ordered a new 2013 Audi A4. Because the model I wanted no also includes all the options I wanted in it as the base configuration, it actually worked out cheaper than the 2012 model. That and I also was able to get them to discount it more than I was able to get another dealer to discount the 2012 when I was looking at it.

Delivery expected for the end of July.

Posted: 17 May 2012 11:03 AM #119

Meh.

R8 gets beat by a Merc Wagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLATjo6Oyo

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 17 May 2012 11:05 AM #120

CdnPhoto - 17 May 2012 11:08 AM

Well, I did it.

On Tuesday evening, I went to the Audi dealership and ordered a new 2013 Audi A4. Because the model I wanted no also includes all the options I wanted in it as the base configuration, it actually worked out cheaper than the 2012 model. That and I also was able to get them to discount it more than I was able to get another dealer to discount the 2012 when I was looking at it.

Delivery expected for the end of July.

Congrats.

FWIW, I have tended to get better deals ordering vehicles than buying whatever they have on the lot.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.