March 7th new iPad event (Archive)

• Posted: 28 February 2012 01:05 PM

It’s official. Invites are out.

[ Edited: 08 March 2012 03:09 AM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 28 February 2012 01:26 PM #1

adamthompson32 - 28 February 2012 05:05 PM

It’s official. Invites are out.

In line with expectations, The Loop reports that Apple today sent out invitations for a media event scheduled for next week Wednesday, March 7. The event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco and is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern. The tagline on the invitation reads “We have something you really have to see. And touch.”

Image from The Verge

Apple is of course expected to introduce the iPad 3 at the event, with an upgraded Apple TV set-top box also reportedly in the plans. Rumors have also suggested that Apple could show off a new high-definition audio format with “adaptive streaming” that could allow Apple’s iCloud and iTunes Match services to send varying qualities of audio files to difference devices depending on bandwidth and hardware requirements.

From macRumors

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 28 February 2012 02:19 PM #2

It’s rumored that the picture on the invitation in which a finger presses on the March 7 icon is showing an actual ipad3 retina display.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 28 February 2012 02:21 PM #3

Red Shirted Ensign - 28 February 2012 06:19 PM

It’s rumored that the picture on the invitation in which a finger presses on the March 7 icon is showing an actual ipad3 retina display.

It’s rumored (in my own mind) that AAPL hits $600 by April 24th and $725 by October 23rd.

Posted: 28 February 2012 02:46 PM #4

The rumor that hasn’t been talked about is the iPad losing the “home button”, although in the picture it’s tough to know if you’re in portrait or not.

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 28 February 2012 03:29 PM #5

Historically, cough these past few years, the product is announced, then pre-orders are taken and shipping begins over a 3 week period.

Tim Cook, the logistics master, might have pulled off an upset by reverting to “shipping today”.  Not holding my breath, but I’m not low on oxygen either.

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:14 PM #6

adamthompson32 - 28 February 2012 06:21 PM
    Red Shirted Ensign - 28 February 2012 06:19 PM

It’s rumored (in my own mind) that AAPL hits $600 by April 24th and $725 by October 23rd.

I hope you’re right. This morning I purchased my very first BCS (I feel like such a big boy/scared big boy now) for APR 21 570/585 in an attempt to try out Greg’s “No Cost AAPL Shares” system. I have some APR 380 Calls that I want to exercise using the potential gains from the BCS.

I FEEL SO ALIVE!!!

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:39 PM #7

I don’t care if iPad 3 won’t get Siri (it might, the invite doesn’t provide any clues).  The high-res screen is more than enough for me, along with all the other standard goodies.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 28 February 2012 08:14 PM #8

Early call:

No home button?  Why not?

“Double tap on the same spot anywhere on the bezel to return home.”

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 28 February 2012 08:28 PM #9

Just wondering if “something you have to see” is an AppleTV reference rather than the presumed retina display.  Mmmmm :idea:

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 28 February 2012 08:36 PM #10

Apple television PLUS iPad 3 in the same event = “if only I’d been all-in weeklies.” raspberry

Well, not really, but that combined news would be hard to sell.

Possible, but I think it’s just “see” (hi-res) and “touch” (iPad catches up with PlayBook with a touch bezel, but much smarter - so added touch functionality) for one product.  Ya never know, of course.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 29 February 2012 01:28 PM #11

Mav - 29 February 2012 12:14 AM

Early call:

Yuck.  That would make it a tripple-tap to bring up the multi-tasking bar.  Unless they finally borrowed webOSs multitasking, but the likelihood of that is next to none.  Historically they release iOS updates in the fall.  So the iPad 3 will have to run on iOS 5 for the time being.  I’m betting it still has a home button, unless they have a much better idea.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 01:58 PM #12

webjprgm - 29 February 2012 05:28 PM
    Mav - 29 February 2012 12:14 AM

Early call:

Yuck.  That would make it a tripple-tap to bring up the multi-tasking bar.  Unless they finally borrowed webOSs multitasking, but the likelihood of that is next to none.  Historically they release iOS updates in the fall.  So the iPad 3 will have to run on iOS 5 for the time being.  I’m betting it still has a home button, unless they have a much better idea.

I agree. I don’t like an intelligent bezel. The home button *could* be on the side though, but I think that would break the user experience for the less technologically gifted folk… like my parents who can’t find the volume buttons to save their souls every time we use facetime.

Posted: 29 February 2012 02:17 PM #13

+

I’ll be curious to see what type of dock connector it uses, given the rumors of Apple replacing the 30-pin for something smaller. And agreed, I don’t like the idea of it losing the Home button.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

Posted: 29 February 2012 04:56 PM #14

Btw, I want the Home button to stick around too.  Even if I would almost exclusively use multi-touch for Home screen and multitask tray bar, to save mechanical wear and because it’s so cool smile

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:21 AM #15

This iPad concept video is a hoot and a half.

http://bit.ly/zKTyd4

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics