March 7th new iPad event (Archive)

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:30 AM #16

Wicked video.
    Thnx for posting.
    It WILL eventually happen….and then some….probably sooner rather than later.

Signature

One trillion or bust

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:35 AM #17

iJack - 01 March 2012 05:21 AM

This iPad concept video is a hoot and a half.

http://bit.ly/zKTyd4

The day we can make that is the day Apple market share on the iPad goes over 90%.

I see it in 10 years minimum but most likely 20 years.  Too much battery and I am not sure we have been able to figure out how to create holographic 3D shapes without multiple projectors.

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:40 AM #18

omacvi - 01 March 2012 05:35 AM
    iJack - 01 March 2012 05:21 AM

This iPad concept video is a hoot and a half.

http://bit.ly/zKTyd4

The day we can make that is the day Apple market share on the iPad goes over 90%.

I see it in 10 years minimum but most likely 20 years.  Too much battery and I am not sure we have been able to figure out how to create holographic 3D shapes without multiple projectors.

Holo suites are all the rage in my world (galaxy).  We even have a Spongebob room…

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 01 March 2012 01:42 AM #19

A 7.85” iPad form factor at lower price point would give Apple complete hegemony in the tablet market.  And I believe this rumor.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/01/production-of-7-85-inch-ipad-rumored-for-3q-2012-at-the-earliest/

Posted: 01 March 2012 02:00 AM #20

Would it sell?  Heck yes.

Is it as easy to see the 9.7” iPad experience being successfully miniaturized without significant usability tradeoffs?  I’m not so sure.

[ Edited: 01 March 2012 02:10 AM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 March 2012 02:05 AM #21

Mercel - 01 March 2012 05:42 AM

A 7.85” iPad form factor at lower price point would give Apple complete hegemony in the tablet market.  And I believe this rumor.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/01/production-of-7-85-inch-ipad-rumored-for-3q-2012-at-the-earliest/

But first, a really cheap iPad 2?

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 01 March 2012 09:42 AM #22

Mav - 01 March 2012 06:00 AM

Would it sell?  Heck yes.

Is it as easy to see the 9.7” iPad experience being successfully miniaturized without significant usability tradeoffs?  I’m not so sure.

I think this would allow Apple to have an entry level $299 iPad mini, a $399 8GB iPad 2, and entry level $499 16GB iPad 3.  This would give many no excuse NOT to buy an iPad, whatever the size and price may be.  Factor in a smaller/cheaper iPad and I think we can do 100million units over four quarters.

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 01 March 2012 10:13 AM #23

Mercel - 01 March 2012 05:42 AM

BTW, I’ve heard commentary somewhere that this 7” iPad rumor may just be a feint to throw off competitors, and have them waste resources trying to copy an Apple product that will never ship. Recall Jobs’ comments about having to sandpaper your fingers to use one.

Jobs is gone, most unfortunately, but I would strongly suggest that he left some very clear ideas about where Apple product lines should go for years ahead, and Cook is smart enough to listen, IMO.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 01 March 2012 03:21 PM #24

Btw all, assuming the iPad 3 has LTE, would you go with the same or different carrier if you also have an iPhone?

I presume data options will stay no-contract but at the same time there’s small hints of shared data pools on the horizon.  Leaning VeriPad but not sure I’d like the slower 3G or worse everywhere else (LTE coverage will take years to get even close to 3G and I bet it just won’t get that close)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 March 2012 05:26 PM #25

New apple store in Houston had its opening brought forward to March 16th - therefore people are speculating on this date for ipad 3 launch.

Does anyone know what date apples Q2 ends?

Assuming a March 16th Launch, hopefully this gives us 2 full weeks of launch sales.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 01 March 2012 05:35 PM #26

Burgess, when do you think it is?  smile

(Seriously, it’s a good quick exercise all of us AAPL longs should engage in if we don’t know the answer.  I figured it out myself a few weeks back.)

For what it’s worth, I’d much prefer Apple launch iPad 3 as soon as possible, to allow up to 3 weeks of fiscal quarter sales.  But I’m prepared for a 7-14 day window between announcement and launch (no line-sitting for me, I really hope I can pre-order for delivery).

[ Edited: 01 March 2012 05:38 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:20 PM #27

Mav - 01 March 2012 09:35 PM

Burgess, when do you think it is?  smile

(Seriously, it’s a good quick exercise all of us AAPL longs should engage in if we don’t know the answer.  I figured it out myself a few weeks back.)

For what it’s worth, I’d much prefer Apple launch iPad 3 as soon as possible, to allow up to 3 weeks of fiscal quarter sales.  But I’m prepared for a 7-14 day window between announcement and launch (no line-sitting for me, I really hope I can pre-order for delivery).

By my calculations it should be March 31st ?

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:24 PM #28

Precisely 13 weeks thanks to Leap Year.  Makes life easy on us earnings-watchers for once.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:38 PM #29

So presuming a March 16th Release, that gives us 16 days of iPad 3 sales.

depending on how many countires are included, I think that equals anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000 units per day, good for 8 to 16 million units shipped. Add in at least another 6 million from Jan, Feb & early mar sales, and I think we could be up sequentially on last quarter, depending on whether apple can supply enough.

All just speculation, anyone care to comment?

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple

Posted: 03 March 2012 04:37 PM #30

iPad 3 May Actually Be The iPad HD

Interesting differentiator. The main reason I waited to get an iPad was the HD issue…

Signature