March 7th new iPad event (Archive)

• Posted: 03 March 2012 04:47 PM #31

JDSoCal - 03 March 2012 08:37 PM

iPad 3 May Actually Be The iPad HD

Interesting differentiator. The main reason I waited to get an iPad was the HD issue…

I don’t think these accessory guys have any advance knowledge of iPad plans, beyond what you and I have.  Remember all the case makers that had scrap on their hands after they bet and lost on what the new iPhone 5 would look like? 

Also, although we are a bit player in the whole Apple ecosystem, my company is an Apple-approved accessory developer.  We are working on our first Apple accessory.  That approval gets you access to the Apple accessory portal and a whole bunch of stuff under NDA.  I believe it is the same program for all accessory makers, and there is NOTHING in there about future devices.  Same was true for the 4S.  Maybe there are some privileged accessory partners that get more information, but I doubt it.

Posted: 03 March 2012 05:59 PM #32

One virtual nickel on iPad 3.  Apple likes its numbers for iOS software and devices.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 03 March 2012 11:24 PM #33

Mav - 03 March 2012 09:59 PM

One virtual nickel on iPad 3.  Apple likes its numbers for iOS software and devices.

Agreed.  Where does Apple go with the iPad HD moniker next year?  iPad HD 2?  I predict it’s going to be iPad 3.

Posted: 03 March 2012 11:28 PM #34

iPad HD is a fine name too.  We’ll know in just 3.5 more days…waiting is always the hardest part.

Oh yeah Mercel, what of your tethering deal?  Do you make full use of your tethering allotment?  And is battery drain not nearly as bad as actual 3G surfing on the iPhone?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 03 March 2012 11:40 PM #35

Mav - 04 March 2012 03:28 AM

iPad HD is a fine name too.  We’ll know in just 3.5 more days…waiting is always the hardest part.

Oh yeah Mercel, what of your tethering deal?  Do you make full use of your tethering allotment?  And is battery drain not nearly as bad as actual 3G surfing on the iPhone?

I never tap the limit but use it regularly.  The battery drain is noticeable if you’re not plugged in to the computer (I am).  It creates a handy network for up to 3 devices (or more?). 

The only advantage of the iPad 3G option (for me anyway) is going abroad and hopping on another carrier’s service, as Redge pointed out.

Posted: 03 March 2012 11:44 PM #36

Don’t use your iPad for trading much, or do you have Wi-Fi coverage for that?  I’m very much looking forward to using my iPad 3 to assist my trading.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 March 2012 11:58 PM #37

Mav - 04 March 2012 03:44 AM

Don’t use your iPad for trading much, or do you have Wi-Fi coverage for that?  I’m very much looking forward to using my iPad 3 to assist my trading.

Most of my buying is on the iPhone and iPad.

I will buy the next iPad simply because I can afford to thanx to aapl.  I just wish it was thinner and lighter but I will have to wait one more year for that.

• Posted: 04 March 2012 12:02 AM #38

Mav - 04 March 2012 03:44 AM

WiFI.  And I use my iPhone for 90% of my trades.

• Posted: 04 March 2012 12:03 AM #39

omacvi - 04 March 2012 03:58 AM

I will buy the next iPad simply because I can afford to thanx to aapl.  I just wish it was thinner and lighter but I will have to wait one more year for that.

Lighter?  You need to hit the gym.  LOL

Posted: 04 March 2012 12:04 AM #40

iPad Air?  Nah, I’ll just train with lots of 5-pound arm curls.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 March 2012 12:09 AM #41

snip…........
    I just wish it was thinner and lighter but I will have to wait one more year for that.

Gahhhhhh, the Sponge man goes to the dark side and plants the seed of discontent! FUD generation from Spongie….........  what is this world coming too?  LOL

cheers to the longs
        JohnG

Posted: 04 March 2012 12:13 AM #42

On this I completely agree.  Even with my comparatively conservative trading strategy, I’ve gone from “I’ll get a mid-range iPad 3, maybe just with Wi-Fi” to “if you’re gonna get into the tablet revolution, do it the right way and make an impact as an enlightened self-interested AAPL investor dammit!”

Translation:  Likely a 64GB iPad 3 + cellular if available, or at least 32GB + cellular.  Oh yeah.  The budget just went up a minimum of $130.  Look out world.  LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 04 March 2012 12:27 AM #43

I’ve decided on mine:  Black 64GB 3G

Posted: 04 March 2012 12:37 AM #44

Wait!  That 3G thing again!  Thought…you didn’t need…why? LOL wink

Btw, if it’s LTE, that’ll drive tons of higher-end sales I think.  Moreso if they can SOMEHOW squeeze in select-a-US/regional-carrier-on-demand cellular data.  If only.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 March 2012 12:39 AM #45

Mercel - 04 March 2012 04:27 AM

I’ve decided on mine:  Black 64GB 3G

Me too.  My wife wants white to match her iPhone…...really, matching your devices, not a guy thing…or is it?

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before