Poll:  Will you buy an iPad 3?

Posted: 29 February 2012 03:56 AM

Next week (potentially) represents Apple’s finest hour, at least until iPhone 5 or something else really big is ready for unveiling.

Will you getting an iPad 3? 

Discussion about the competitive landscape, effect on AAPL financials, etc. also welcome.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 04:40 AM #1

Yes as long as it has a higher resolution screen!

Can’t wait..

Posted: 29 February 2012 06:13 AM #2

YES, as soon as possible!

Managed until now to skip the 2, writing this on my still quite usable iPad 1.

Posted: 29 February 2012 06:14 AM #3

How is this poll getting 10+ votes when I set it up this late? LOL

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 February 2012 06:41 AM #4

I will buy one, but I will wait until I get to the US, to get it much cheaper. It costs about 25% more here than in the US.

Posted: 29 February 2012 08:24 AM #5

I owe my daughter one from Christmas and I received a retirement Apple gift card from my co-workers which I am using to buy one for myself. 2 new iPads in our family!!!

Posted: 29 February 2012 08:33 AM #6

Mav - 29 February 2012 10:14 AM

How is this poll getting 10+ votes when I set it up this late? LOL

Some damn Europeans are already up and working wink

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 29 February 2012 08:48 AM #7

Two of them, 32gb, LTE

I’ve been running two of the iPad 1’s purchased on day one, two years ago. Since the new version 5.X of the operating system was released, have had nothing but thousands of crashes, SAFARI is almost impossible to run now. I’m not alone, the fan sites are reporting everyone with 1’s are having this problem. Apparently, there isn’t enough RAM to actually run the newest operating system without memory scrams.

So, time to donate the oldies to a good cause, and use THREE shares of my increasingly valuable AAPL hoard to let APPLE BUY ME NEW APPLES!

Call it my personal “Special Divvy Program.”

smile

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 29 February 2012 08:58 AM #8

Maybe it’s AAPL executing a covert buy back program.

Posted: 29 February 2012 09:13 AM #9

TanToday - 29 February 2012 12:48 PM

Two of them, 32gb, LTE

I’ve been running two of the iPad 1’s purchased on day one, two years ago. Since the new version 5.X of the operating system was released, have had nothing but thousands of crashes, SAFARI is almost impossible to run now. I’m not alone, the fan sites are reporting everyone with 1’s are having this problem. Apparently, there isn’t enough RAM to actually run the newest operating system without memory scrams.

So, time to donate the oldies to a good cause, and use THREE shares of my increasingly valuable AAPL hoard to let APPLE BUY ME NEW APPLES!

smile

Tan

I’m having the exact same issue.  Really irritating but it is pretty much limited to safari.  Will pick up a iPad 3 but unsure of the configuration.  My current is a 3G and if I can get one which has a monthly plan for both Verizon & AT&T I’ll go for the 3G/4G.

Posted: 29 February 2012 10:01 AM #10

I have not updated my iPad1 to the new OS yet, and after all I read about the issues, do not think I will.

Will be buying the iPad 3 without a doubt.

Posted: 29 February 2012 10:06 AM #11

Wife qualified for a free iPad at work recently.  Found out it is an iPad2.  Convinced her to opt for the cash ($500) and order an iPad3 when it’s released.

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 29 February 2012 10:49 AM #12

We will buy two ipad 3 for personal use. My company has been waiting on what would have been an ipad2 buy in January. The company will buy at least 6

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 29 February 2012 10:55 AM #13

TanToday - 29 February 2012 12:48 PM

smile

+1.  I’ve been practicing this for years (see below).

Posted: 29 February 2012 11:11 AM #14

pats - 29 February 2012 01:13 PM

Tan

I’m having the exact same issue.  Really irritating but it is pretty much limited to safari.  Will pick up a iPad 3 but unsure of the configuration.  My current is a 3G and if I can get one which has a monthly plan for both Verizon & AT&T I’ll go for the 3G/4G.

We are hardly alone, there are literally THOUSANDS out there suffering from iPads that just don’t work, and Apple isn’t even acknowledgign it. I would GLADLY revert back to the old operating system, pre 5.0 when I would go weeks without any crashes. Now it is every five minutes, sometimes less.

I smell a CLASS ACTION in the making with this one.

Anyway, I will get the LTE verssion, but not activate it for one, since that is a home machine. The reason? I’m anticipating ATT instituting a SHARED DATA PLAN for families, it only makes sense if they want to sell everyone an iPhone, instead of just the “important users.” i.e. all the kids and grandma type users.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 29 February 2012 11:14 AM #15

This will be a big gear year for us.  A couple of 3’s to replace the first gen. iPads.  A 15” Air if the rumors prove accurate.  Looking for a major revamp of iMac and hoping that it’s the “blow my mind” product as suggested by Mr. Cook.  Lastly, will this be the year I finally get to hang an AppleTV on my kitchen wall?  Here’s hoping.  (All to be funded by AAPL.  Is this a great company or what?)  :-D

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!