Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?

Poll: Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?
Total Votes: 124
Yes. I Pre-ordered the new iPad.
I will when I can finally get through!
I’m waiting to buy the new iPad in person.
I’m buying an iPad 2 at the new, lower price.
No. I do not plan to buy the new iPad.
  • Posted: 09 March 2012 03:23 AM #46

JDSoCal - 09 March 2012 06:54 AM

I
    Not sure if I should get an iPad or a MBA…

I pre-ordered an iPad for now and plan an 11” MacBook Air purchase this summer after the next refresh.

Posted: 09 March 2012 03:52 AM #47

DawnTreader - 09 March 2012 06:46 AM
    Mav - 09 March 2012 05:05 AM

That’s…just not right.  LOL

What? The black iPad with a blue cover? Each to his or her own tastes.  :wink:

On selling the iPad to a relative, RSE didn’t say it was a close relative!  LOL

Hey, were it not for the microfiber-facing-down feature of Smart Covers (I thought that was supposed to be the “clean/cleaning” side?), I would probably go for a blue cover myself!  Blue (paint), silver (rims/brightwork), black (interior)...sounds kinda like a high-performance sports car color combo.  smile

Aw, nuts!  Still have to find a case!  Time to go looking through the threads for recommendations again…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:21 AM #48

This is kind of driving me nuts.

On the one hand I want a folio-style case or cover on the go.

On the other hand when I’m home I generally won’t need all that bulk.  Particularly if I play any games that require tilt interaction with the iPad.  So easy removability becomes the priority.

iPad sleeves do fine for protection but aren’t integrated.  Folios are integrated but awkward in some situations.  Cases are less awkward but bulkier and less discreet.  Folios and cases may not work as well because of the new iPad’s marginally thicker enclosure.

It’s just a much easier process with the iPhone.  Screen protector, case, good to go. raspberry

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:31 AM #49

I may end up doing something like a iPad 2 back cover that’ll fit the new iPad which allows a Smart Cover to be attached.  Man, this is tough stuff.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:51 AM #50

Mav - 09 March 2012 08:31 AM

I may end up doing something like a iPad 2 back cover that’ll fit the new iPad which allows a Smart Cover to be attached.  Man, this is tough stuff.

Ivolution SmartGrip http://www.vajacases.com
    It allows the use of the smart cover. Its the cat’s meow.

I’m not a fan of the smart cover for many of the reasons you mention. So I use the Ivolution Top.  The front or top removes and attaches to the back if desired. 

Nothing feels as good as leather to grip and hold.

Piel Frama are also awesome leather cases. http://www.pielframa.com/apple-cases.htm

Good Luck

Edit: It is their SmartGrip that allows the smart cover to still be used.

[ Edited: 09 March 2012 04:53 AM by Rudyo ]

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

Posted: 09 March 2012 05:02 AM #51

Something under $100?  LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 05:12 AM #52

Mav - 09 March 2012 09:02 AM

Something under $100?  LOL

Oh I see…
    How does that saying go? Champagne taste on a beer belly budget? grin

There are these cases:

Or these:

Budgets aside, I have never regretted buying the very best materials/quality/workmanship I can seek out. Why do you think I own Apple products?

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

• Posted: 09 March 2012 06:33 AM #53

My previous two iPads (original and iPad2) have both been wifi only, both 64 GB.

This time, I’m going for the 4G LTE enabled, as I see this as a substantially upgraded option over 3G - for which I have felt my iPhone, ever accessible, was sufficient for those times when wifi was not available.

Again, I’ll go all out on storage space, most of which I tend to use.

Signature

wab95

• Posted: 09 March 2012 07:11 AM #54

I got the original iPad when it first went on sale and skipped the 2nd generation. I ordered a 64gb + 4g, black yesterday morning. Delivers March 16th. I also ordered a dark blue leather smart cover. Now looking for a very thin cover for the back that will work with the smart cover. Any suggestions?

• Posted: 09 March 2012 07:25 AM #55

wab95 - 09 March 2012 10:33 AM

My previous two iPads (original and iPad2) have both been wifi only, both 64 GB.

This time, I’m going for the 4G LTE enabled, as I see this as a substantially upgraded option over 3G - for which I have felt my iPhone, ever accessible, was sufficient for those times when wifi was not available.

Again, I’ll go all out on storage space, most of which I tend to use.

Strongly bet there’s going to way more people buying the higher-priced 4G version than the wifi-only version, on a percentage basis, as compared to previous iPads.  This is the version that’s the always (in major cities, for now) speedily-connected game-changer.

I’m one of them, btw.

Posted: 09 March 2012 07:47 AM #56

Shipped today from Shenzhen, China.

Posted: 09 March 2012 08:51 AM #57

wildguess - 09 March 2012 11:11 AM

I got the original iPad when it first went on sale and skipped the 2nd generation. I ordered a 64gb + 4g, black yesterday morning. Delivers March 16th. I also ordered a dark blue leather smart cover. Now looking for a very thin cover for the back that will work with the smart cover. Any suggestions?

I have not found any information that the iPad 2 hard-formed back covers will fit iPad 3 since it’s slightly thicker and maybe slightly different profile.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 09 March 2012 09:17 AM #58

Since Jim Jubak said “I’d be amazed if the 4G versions take more than 10% of iPad sales, but the product is designed to let the wireless companies show off what their new networks can do.” I think it would be interesting to have a poll here among AFB members what version (16/32/64 and WiFi/4G) they are planning to buy or already have bought/ordered.

I know that it would not be representative for the market, but it would still be informative.

[ Edited: 09 March 2012 09:22 AM by Big Al ]

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

• Posted: 09 March 2012 09:47 AM #59

Rdered two.  Both x LTE.  One white one for iWife to match her iPhone and a back por moi.  Max memory for both due to new photo capability.

Posted: 09 March 2012 10:24 AM #60

I ordered the AT&T LTE because I have grandfathered unlimited data and 32GB in black because that’s the largest capacity/color available to deliver on day 1.

This display has been a long time coming. The original iPad is nonpareil, but the relatively low resolution display has been a major flaw, IMO. Blocky pixels no more!

Note that at the same pixel density of an iPhone Retina display, 326 ppi, and the same pixel dimensions as the new iPad, 2048x1536, you have a 7.9 inch iPad—iPad mini anyone?

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs