Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?

Poll: Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?
Total Votes: 124
Yes. I Pre-ordered the new iPad.
I will when I can finally get through!
I’m waiting to buy the new iPad in person.
I’m buying an iPad 2 at the new, lower price.
No. I do not plan to buy the new iPad.

Posted: 09 March 2012 10:37 AM #61

Got my shipping notice this morning….march 16 delivery….

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 09 March 2012 12:25 PM #62

Mav - 09 March 2012 07:52 AM

Hey, were it not for the microfiber-facing-down feature of Smart Covers (I thought that was supposed to be the “clean/cleaning” side?), I would probably go for a blue cover myself!  Blue (paint), silver (rims/brightwork), black (interior)...sounds kinda like a high-performance sports car color combo.  smile

Aw, nuts!  Still have to find a case!  Time to go looking through the threads for recommendations again…

I tried rolling the smart cover in the opposite direction (so the “outside” is still outside). It works, but not at perfectly as the “inside-out” default method…

Posted: 09 March 2012 12:55 PM #63

DawnTreader - 09 March 2012 06:46 AM
    Mav - 09 March 2012 05:05 AM

That’s…just not right.  LOL

What? The black iPad with a blue cover? Each to his or her own tastes.  :wink:

On selling the iPad to a relative, RSE didn’t say it was a close relative!  LOL

Hey, were it not for the microfiber-facing-down feature of Smart Covers (I thought that was supposed to be the “clean/cleaning” side?), I would probably go for a blue cover myself!  Blue (paint), silver (rims/brightwork), black (interior)...sounds kinda like a high-performance sports car color combo.  smile

Aw, nuts!  Still have to find a case!  Time to go looking through the threads for recommendations again…

The Zoogue case pleased me immensely, a marvelous piece of engineering that looks/feels good, too.  If I had known the case I had for my iPad2 would fit the new iPad I would not have given it to the buyer of my iPad2…  I just bought another for under $50 including shipping using a 20% discount code I searched for on the internet.

The case is not too heavy, but does protect the back and has ridged corners for fall protection. It is infinitely and quickly adjustable (via velcro). It has on/off magnets and a strap that doubles for secure closure as well as securing the iPad around a car seat for video viewing. Steve Jobs would endorse this case. It would be hard for someone to convince me there is a better case out there at any price.

It’s not easy to excite me about a case… but this one is very well done and the company seems to offer excellent customer service.  Here’s the link:

http://www.zoogue.com/products/iPad-2-Case-Genius-Black-Leather.html

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 09 March 2012 01:09 PM #64

Mav - 09 March 2012 08:31 AM

I may end up doing something like a iPad 2 back cover that’ll fit the new iPad which allows a Smart Cover to be attached.  Man, this is tough stuff.

I had an Apple smartcover before I got my Zoogue case… I thought it was more trouble than it was worth. It doesn’t protect the back or corners in a fall and offers limited viewing angles ...it gets misplaced and the material seemed cheap compared to the Zoogue leather. Apple did take it back within the 14-day return window…

I surf on the iPad lying down a lot, always in landscape mode. The Zoogue plus a pillow lets me do this completely hands free in multiple positions without having to hold the case.

I was able to sell my iPad2 32g WiFi for $450 last week… partly because there was not a mark on it as it was always in it’s case.  I cannot think of any uses for the iPad that work better without the case. I love things that are well-designed as well as aesthetically pleasing… this is it!

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 09 March 2012 03:27 PM #65

Black 64G 4G for me.  March 19 projected shipment in Canada.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:24 PM #66

Big Al - 09 March 2012 01:17 PM

Since Jim Jubak said “I’d be amazed if the 4G versions take more than 10% of iPad sales, but the product is designed to let the wireless companies show off what their new networks can do.” I think it would be interesting to have a poll here among AFB members what version (16/32/64 and WiFi/4G) they are planning to buy or already have bought/ordered.

I know that it would not be representative for the market, but it would still be informative.

It seems a bunch of us are getting the 4G model.  iPad ASP could be heading higher this year.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 04:33 PM #67

Mav - 09 March 2012 08:24 PM
    Big Al - 09 March 2012 01:17 PM

Since Jim Jubak said “I’d be amazed if the 4G versions take more than 10% of iPad sales, but the product is designed to let the wireless companies show off what their new networks can do.” I think it would be interesting to have a poll here among AFB members what version (16/32/64 and WiFi/4G) they are planning to buy or already have bought/ordered.

I know that it would not be representative for the market, but it would still be informative.

It seems a bunch of us are getting the 4G model.  iPad ASP could be heading higher this year.

Don’t know how Jim Jubak is but I hope no one is investing with him (and he should prepare to be amazed).  If you can’t see that having always connected at high-speed devices is the future, then you can’t see.  That doesn’t mean that everyone is going to buy a 4G model but far more are than bought the 3G and the percentage will increase as consumers come to understand 4G and the carriers over more/better coverage.

Tangentially, Clear (a 4G provider) was a sponsor for something I work on a couple of years ago and I tried to talk their marketing folks into, you know, actually explaining to our audience what 4G is (because it sounds like “Just a wee bit faster than 3G”).  No dice.  And I still don’t believe any of the carriers have adequately marketed 4G nor do most consumers understand what it is (but enough do/will to make the 10% figure cited above absurd).

[ Edited: 09 March 2012 04:37 PM by jms2012 ]      

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:46 PM #68

A lot of customers _do_ get LTE, though.  And Verizon has more coverage than AT&T.  So expect Verizon to trumpet this and probably get a significant amount of business that AT&T could’ve had if only _it_ had LTE to complement its faster 3G fallback.

Hey, Vz’s superior LTE got me to “switch”.  Hotspot is a nice after-the-fact bonus.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:49 PM #69

Just got my shipping notice on my Black 32GB WiFi?march 16 delivery?. Still waiting on the White one and ATV.

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:49 PM #70

Something I forgot to mention in my original post, and the reason for getting the 4G version this time around is the built-in GPS. Sometimes on a long road trip we have the co-pilot mapping, and the precision (or lack) is just not workable a lot of the time. Even if you don’t use the 4G ever you future-proof yourself, have GPS and better antenna placement for wifi. All that worth a one-time $130 hit? You decide!

Signature

Use your powers for good.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 05:05 PM #71

DawnTreader - 09 March 2012 06:46 AM
    Mav - 09 March 2012 05:05 AM

That’s…just not right.  LOL

What? The black iPad with a blue cover? Each to his or her own tastes.  :wink:

On selling the iPad to a relative, RSE didn’t say it was a close relative!  LOL

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2118

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 09 March 2012 05:19 PM #72

Getting there!  What is it with that carbon fiber look stuff?!  I probably would’ve bought the Folio P2 if not for that look.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 05:23 PM #73

Mav - 09 March 2012 09:19 PM

Getting there!  What is it with that carbon fiber look stuff?!  I probably would’ve bought the Folio P2 if not for that look.

Linked to leather.  Fiber is yet another option.

Signature

Posted: 09 March 2012 05:26 PM #74

I can’t buy it RIGHT NOW, is a problem. wink

Have you used this case before?  What’s the latch do?  Fastener?  Magnets?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 05:38 PM #75

Mav - 09 March 2012 09:26 PM

I can’t buy it RIGHT NOW, is a problem. wink

Have you used this case before?  What’s the latch do?  Fastener?  Magnets?

Using it as I type this.  Two years old and nary a problem.  Going to give Apples leather a whirl on the new one because I STILL think they wouldn’t sell it were it a problem.  wink

Signature