Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?

Poll: Have You Pre-Ordered The new iPad?
Total Votes: 124
Yes. I Pre-ordered the new iPad.
I will when I can finally get through!
I’m waiting to buy the new iPad in person.
I’m buying an iPad 2 at the new, lower price.
No. I do not plan to buy the new iPad.
  • Posted: 09 March 2012 05:39 PM #76

I ordered a white 64GIG, LTE ATT “new” iPad.

I have the Ipad1 (ATT) & iPad2 (Verizon) with 3g.

The Verizon iPad with 3G device is not anywhere as responsive as the older ATT iPad!

In other words, Verizon’s 3g is substantially slower than ATT’s.

I also have a Verizon 4G MIFI card. I find the service to be spotty and I frequently get dropped service.

Therefore, I went with the ATT version, as ATT has LTE service in most of the cites i travel in and the 3G back up is SUPERIOR.

Jeffi

Signature

Inflation robs from the past, deflation robs from the future. Pick your poison.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 05:41 PM #77

Mav - 09 March 2012 09:26 PM

I can’t buy it RIGHT NOW, is a problem. wink

Have you used this case before?  What’s the latch do?  Fastener?  Magnets?

Latch is a compression fit.  Hasn’t seemed to lose tension with repeated use.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 09 March 2012 06:05 PM #78

There’s a _ton_ of love for the “Toblino 2” case by “Mobilevision.”  Curiously, the vendor has no website I can find - and there’s a near-ridiculous number of good reviews for it on Amazon.  (But fairly legit to my jaded eyes - there’s a guy (using his wife’s Amazon account raspberry) with a 7-minute video that really does seem to put the case through its paces.

Anyone heard of or used this case before?  It’s got magnets, four clips, good basic protection, thin profile.  A nice combination.  But I have high skepticism for third-party Amazon resellers and I can’t buy from Amazon directly.

Still considering the Scosche Folio P2.  The search continues…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 09 March 2012 06:18 PM #79

Mav - 09 March 2012 10:05 PM

There’s a _ton_ of love for the “Toblino 2” case by “Mobilevision.”  Curiously, the vendor has no website I can find - and there’s a near-ridiculous number of good reviews for it on Amazon.  (But fairly legit to my jaded eyes - there’s a guy (using his wife’s Amazon account raspberry) with a 7-minute video that really does seem to put the case through its paces.

Anyone heard of or used this case before?  It’s got magnets, four clips, good basic protection, thin profile.  A nice combination.  But I have high skepticism for third-party Amazon resellers and I can’t buy from Amazon directly.

Still considering the Scosche Folio P2.  The search continues…

Mav,

You may want to check out Marware, I’ve had a great deal of success with their EcoVue Case and my wife uses the C.E.O Hybrid Case. I have already ordered these cases for both my new iPads.

Posted: 09 March 2012 06:26 PM #80

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Helps the other first-time iPad owners too. smile

I’ll just “pick a case, any case”.  I also have a Steinheil SQ crystal film on order (I can deal if there’s dust or air bubbles here and there, small price to pay to protect the display).  We’ll see.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 March 2012 08:10 PM #81

Mav - 08 March 2012 07:17 AM

(Way to “haze” the guy who jumped from a Nokia $0 candybar to four out of five iPhones! raspberry)

Ah, but I think I picked the perfect time to jump in.

AppleCare+?  Thinking about it.  Certainly would help margins, heh.  wink  What’s your use case Robert?  On the road?  Do you use a case/sleeve and screen protector?  Will you buy it for yourself?  Heck, how many drops?  Accidentally flung my phone to the floor today (no damage, it’s got a Speck HD case)...must’ve been partly due to iPad new excitement. LOL

My iPad is the most durable of all of my Apple products.  I’ve got the original (bought April 2010) with Apple’s case.  I’ve dropped it I don’t know how many times, and you can’t tell.  It’s never missed a beat.  I’m particularly impressed by the scratch resistance of the screen.  Nearly two years of heavy use (and dropping) and its still pristine.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 09 March 2012 09:31 PM #82

Ordered 2 of the black wifi 32GB models—got my big 2% corporate discount (better than nothing).  Received shipping notice today—they are sitting in Nashville.  Wonder how much it takes to bribe a Fed Ex rep?

Looking forward to a new Apple product to add to the collection!!!

AT99

Posted: 10 March 2012 03:11 PM #83

Interesting article regarding Verizon versus AT & T network coverage for iPads.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/new-ipad-verizon-wireless-poised-to-get-bigger-benefit-than-atandt/2012/03/09/gIQAgsMD1R_story.html

Posted: 10 March 2012 03:53 PM #84

“Sharper” screen.  That’s what 4x the pixels from Apple means to most journos today. LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 March 2012 04:47 PM #85

Interesting.  Seems at least today my ATT 3G I mean 4G feels faster because it is.  Seeing better than 600KB/sec / 5 Mbps now.

It’ll be interesting to see how my VeriPad performs.  I don’t plan to run SpeedTest much for obvious reasons. raspberry

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.