Safari Question

• Posted: 12 March 2012 06:47 PM

Hi all,
    I’m running 10.7.3 on a 2011 iMac. I also just installed safari 5.1.4, hoping that it would fix this, but it has not. The problem, i have a habit of checking console logs (even when there isn’t a performance problem). Anyways, i noticed, perhaps since 10.7 that my console is littered with this:

[0x0-0x53053].com.apple.Safari: CoreAnimation: rendering error 506

When i have console and safari both open, i can seem to recreate the error when flipping thru previous pages via my magic trackpad (two finger swipe…i believe…to the right or left)

Anyways, like i said, no noticble performance issue, just a ton of these errors in console.

just wanted to know if anyone else see this? Lion bug?

thanks

• Posted: 14 March 2012 08:43 AM #1

I think so.  I have seen this error in both my 2011 imac and mid 2007 MBP.  Both are currently running 10.7.3 The little i could find on google leads me to believe it is a bug, as a few post seem to indcate it as such.  I am running the safari extension “click to flash” on both machines….not sure if that has any relation to the issue.

thanks

Posted: 14 March 2012 08:49 AM #2

The post before you was a spammer. The account has been deleted.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 14 March 2012 08:55 AM #3

I do not see that error in any of my logs. I am not running Click to Flash. I am running 10.7.3. This is on a 2011 MBP.

Signature

• Posted: 14 March 2012 09:30 AM #4

thanks,
    interesting you dont see it.  like i said, found it on both of my macs.  was you lion install clean or updated from SL?

Posted: 14 March 2012 09:40 AM #5

Updated from SL. Also looked at my work MBP. Not seeing it there either. Searched for string “CoreAnimation” and had only one hit that was not the same as yours.

Signature

• Posted: 14 March 2012 09:47 AM #6

interesting.  i guess i shouldnt be too concerned, as i dont notice any performance issues.  I always get paranoid when i look through the console.

thanks

• Posted: 20 March 2012 08:40 AM #7

ok, well does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
    its on both my imac and MBP console logs.  both are running 10.7.3 and the lastest version of safari.  From what i could find searching on google.  it seemed that other people did encounter this error and it seems to be attributed with a lion bug.  i believe i remember seeing this prior to 10.7.3, perhaps since 10.7
    The install of lion on my imac was an update over a very fresh new install of SL. on my mbp, its was an update to lion from SL, which was an update over leopard which was an update over tiger…...etc.
    so its strange its on both machines.

anyone ...please help

thanks

brent