Sound Off on Your New IPad

Posted: 16 March 2012 10:55 AM

Today’s the day. Apple’s new iPad ships, people are receiving their packages, and other folks are lined up at Apple Stores as I type this. Folks on the other side of the world started getting theirs hours ago. If you’ve gotten yours, tell us what you think!

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 16 March 2012 11:58 AM #1

Sound off on the new iPad?
    I believe that’s still the little switch on the side.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 16 March 2012 12:06 PM #2

You’re a laugh riot, Geoduck. wink

Signature

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 16 March 2012 02:02 PM #3

And mine arrived. Setting it up now. smile

Signature

• Posted: 16 March 2012 02:03 PM #4

Still iPad Gen 1, but alas, I am saving up for a new iMac this summer so no new iPad yet for me.  Plus, still no 4G in my area so might as well wait!!

Ron

Posted: 16 March 2012 07:34 PM #5

This is what a screen should be like!

See here for comparison photos and screenshots I posted, of comics on iPad 2 and 3:

http://ereaderjoy.blogspot.com/2012/03/comics-on-ipad-3.html

Signature

http://eReaderJoy.blogspot.com
    tablets are the new ereaders

• Posted: 16 March 2012 11:51 PM #6

I love it! But then again, I loved my iPad 2 as well.

Oddly enough,while the screen is fantastic, it doesn’t strike me as mind blowing, but rather simply what it should’ve been all along. It just feels right.

• Posted: 17 March 2012 01:29 AM #7

I see that my iPad arrived (as well as my new smart cover - Red leather), and was left at my front door, as per my instructions with pre-signing. A truly great invention.

I ordered the black, 64 GB 4G LTE (AT&T) version.

Alas, I remain on the far side of the planet until near month’s end. Must initiate self control protocols.

Wife was underwhelmed by the arrival of iPad3. I explained that the son now gets one. Must initiate fast-talking, followed by begging/pleading protocols.

Signature

wab95

Posted: 20 March 2012 01:49 AM #8

Huge fan of the multitouch gestures.  Home screen requires five-touch chord for best results, but that’s a simple adjustment to make.  It’ll save TONS of mechanical wear over time!

Why the heck iPhone doesn’t have it, I’ll never know.

Then again, iPhone has mass e-mail delete, a usage timer, windows switching (vs. tabbed browsing), an alarm clock, and an LED flash.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.