July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013 or later

Posted: 20 March 2012 12:41 AM

The move up from $500 to $600 didn’t take long. Will $700 happen as quickly?

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 20 March 2012 02:06 AM #1

AAPL could always further reprice.  At my semi-conservative estimates I don’t see it happening until around July earnings.

BUT, AAPL is _still_ repricing!  Anything can happen it seems…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 March 2012 02:24 AM #2

May.

After amazing April earnings, and before “the big reveal” to take place at WWDC in early June.

[ Edited: 20 March 2012 02:27 AM by Burgess ]

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 20 March 2012 02:25 AM #3

$500 to $600 share price level from 13 February to 19 March = approx 25 trading days? When is the next financial results release date?

• Posted: 20 March 2012 08:11 AM #4

I think that we have to accept now that AAPL is undergoing a repricing by the market. Because we are into a generous all time high, no-one is too worried about riding small pullbacks (i.e. “no overhead resistance” in chartist terms).

If the dividend opens AAPL to more institutions, that can deliver the trading capital for the reprice. To me, there’s no reason the current trend shouldn’t run for another hundred dollars.

So I said May.

Posted: 20 March 2012 02:19 PM #5

At this 2% a day increase, it shouldn’t be too long.  Maybe April.

• Posted: 20 March 2012 07:03 PM #6

I voted for June. I think it will happen relatively quickly but I’m giving it a little time since there are a lot of ups and downs in the market these days. There could easily be a world event or some bad PR that takes time to recover from.

That said, the sooner the better! Apple makes up a huge amount of my portfolio right now. It’s a percentage that would traditionally be considered extremely risky with any single stock. But I have a lot of confidence in Apple and it has done so well that even a massive pullback would still be a win in the longrun. Bring it on!

Next poll… how long will it take to get to $800?

[ Edited: 20 March 2012 07:13 PM by David Nelson ]      
  • Posted: 20 March 2012 07:13 PM #7

I am thinking that if I was a PM at a firm that could now suddenly buy AAPL due to the divy - I would buy it now before earnings to get the full effect of this quarter through earnings announcement. That’s what they should be pushing for internally.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 20 March 2012 07:17 PM #8

Sounds like a nice idea. Speaking optimistically, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a stellar year for the stock price. We’ve got the apparent success of the new iPad, the beginning of dividend payouts and the new investors that will attract, the inevitable next iPhone with LTE this summer, and potentially new MacBook Pros that shift toward the Air form factor. If they do release an actual TV, that’ll be icing on the cake.

Posted: 20 March 2012 07:22 PM #9

If I were a divvy fund manager I sure would push to buy AAPL sooner than later.

But I hear the divvy fund’s acquisition process can take a while.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 March 2012 07:25 PM #10

Mav - 20 March 2012 10:22 PM

If I were a divvy fund manager I sure would push to buy AAPL sooner than later.

But I hear the divvy fund’s acquisition process can take a while.

They do but it runs the gamut on time required.  So if I were in a position where I could push, I would in order to get a jump start and differentiate myself amongst my peers.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 20 March 2012 07:36 PM #11

C’mon Buffett…buy a few shares.  I dare you. LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 March 2012 08:00 PM #12

Mav - 20 March 2012 10:36 PM

C’mon Buffett…buy a few shares.  I dare you. LOL

grin, follow his principles and heed his advice but don’t do what he does.

Since I’ve calendar (May/Jul $700), I vote for AAPL <= $700 on May OE.  And then rush up to $1000 on Jul OE, this is not a non-advice, just day dreaming.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 20 March 2012 09:15 PM #13

Heheh, I doubt Buffett will buy AAPL even with the divvy because of pride and/or rationalizing IBM as the better pick in tech (better in terms of “more stable”, sure, IBM’s a great company but much more mature growth-wise).

C’mon Mace, don’t just daydream.  You and I, we’ll both buy a few home-run $150-something or so bull call spreads.  Like May 690/700?  And I blame you if we lose mad LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 March 2012 09:15 PM #14

I have a question involving mutual funds that are restricted to purchasing shares of dividend-issuing companies.

When can they actually jump in and start building their Apple holdings in their portfolio?
    With yesterday’s announcement?
    Or does it have to be with the board declaration?
    Or after the first dividend is actually paid out?
    I am curious about the technical end of it.

I am assuming when the board declares it.

At the same time I wonder if the funds have started to buy calls and thus take positions.

(And the market makers would begin taking immediate neutral positions but indirectly causing downward pressure on the share price.)

In other words when would we see downward share pressure as a result of options taken by funds to grab Apple shares? Can anybody enlighten me? TIA

• Posted: 20 March 2012 09:37 PM #15

Saw a story the other day that allowed as how funds could spend a certain percentage of their funds outside of the mandate, and mentioned value and even a bond fund that held some AAPL

Anyone see or read that?