“We are not going to have a collapse like the ‘08, but there
    is a good chance that we have experienced the new highs and the
    market is starting to roll over to what may be the start of a
    bear market,” Dailey said.    Article

Views?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 25 March 2012 01:00 PM #1

My view: no bear market this year, maybe next year.  This year, we have a raging bull market.  Pullbacks are shallow, and dips are bought.  Central banks are committed to monetary easing.  China will ease.

• Posted: 25 March 2012 01:04 PM #2

My take is that it is an election year in the US and they (the Administration and Uncle Ben) will pull out all the stops this year.  As for next year…we will have to see how things develop but this year they are going to do all possible IMHO.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 25 March 2012 01:59 PM #3

Phoebear611 - 25 March 2012 04:04 PM

My take is that it is an election year in the US and they (the Administration and Uncle Ben) will pull out all the stops this year.  As for next year…we will have to see how things develop but this year they are going to do all possible IMHO.

I agree.  Corporate earnings are fine and cash seems to be being put to work by corporations.  Domestic banks are in very good shape.  Employment is slowly improving.  Maybe we see an economic slide next year but the winds are behind the USA right now.  GDP may be only 1.5 to 2.0 but that is growth.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 25 March 2012 03:08 PM #4

Market should be fine:  There’s still too much money on the sidelines and the fact that rotation out of bonds into equities is still underway.

• Posted: 25 March 2012 03:17 PM #5

The problem is the BRIC countries, US is fine, Europe will get better but growth is stalling in China, Bresil, India and Russia.