AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 01 April 2012 06:06 PM

Up, down, or sideways? smile

[ Edited: 05 April 2012 06:35 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 01 April 2012 06:12 PM #1

lovemyipad - 01 April 2012 09:06 PM

I think it will be an up week. New quarter, a monday to start us out, good PMI data from China, probably good (or good enough) economic info from the U.S. each day of the week, culminating on Friday with payroll info.

For Apple, whatever the heck happened last Friday is in the rearview mirror. The options related activity, if that was what it was, shook out some weak hands and we now will have a steady stream of speculation, supposition and inquisition for the next three weeks…all leading up to earnings announced of $12.59. 8-) with excellent outlook for the June quarter.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 01 April 2012 06:55 PM #2

Red Shirted Ensign - 01 April 2012 09:12 PM
    lovemyipad - 01 April 2012 09:06 PM

I think it will be an up week. New quarter, a monday to start us out, good PMI data from China, probably good (or good enough) economic info from the U.S. each day of the week, culminating on Friday with payroll info.

For Apple, whatever the heck happened last Friday is in the rearview mirror. The options related activity, if that was what it was, shook out some weak hands and we now will have a steady stream of speculation, supposition and inquisition for the next three weeks…all leading up to earnings announced of $12.59. 8-) with excellent outlook for the June quarter.

According to the one hour chart put up by Ms. IPad on Friday, we are due for a bounce on Monday.  Hopefully, that will be the detonator, with the other factors cited above by the Ensign (China PMI, Monday pop) - as well as expectations for some good Pre-Market action and a good supply of shorts expecting to see 580 - serving as the solid fuel, and you just might get Mercel’s Saturn 5 “...and we have liftoff”.

Posted: 01 April 2012 07:26 PM #3

I think we see major buying seeing that it is first day of quarter. Price came down Perfectly for bulls. I believe intraday we may see on mon/tues highs of 625-630, IMHO. PINDOWN on Thursday for sure.

• Posted: 01 April 2012 07:34 PM #4

Futures are looking good

Dow + 50
    S&P +6.4
    NAS +11.75

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures/

Posted: 01 April 2012 07:53 PM #5

Question: What type of affect will it have on AAPL’s share price(immediate short-term) when they announce the “earnings announcement” date?

• Posted: 01 April 2012 08:03 PM #6

agileandswift - 01 April 2012 10:53 PM

Question: What type of affect will it have on AAPL’s share price(immediate short-term) when they announce the “earnings announcement” date?

I don’t know why it would have any effect on common shares.

Options are a different story:  If earnings occurs after monthly April 20 expiry, then April options should drop.  Conversely, if the Tim and Peter show is on this side of April 20, then April options should appreciate. 

The earnings call a year ago was on April 20.

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:31 PM #7

Futures looking good! 

My bet is on later (than options expiry) April earnings release.  I mean, just look at last quarter.

We should go up this _week_ if nothing else.  If there’s a dip tomorrow I may buy it.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:38 PM #8

Mercel - 01 April 2012 11:03 PM
    agileandswift - 01 April 2012 10:53 PM

I don’t know why it would have any effect on common shares.

Options are a different story:  If earnings occurs after monthly April 20 expiry, then April options should drop.  Conversely, if the Tim and Peter show is on this side of April 20, then April options should appreciate. 

The earnings call a year ago was on April 20.

How much appreciation/depreciation (percentage-wise) can we expect?  Is it worth trading?  I’ve got a couple APR 420’s I’m considering…..

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:47 PM #9

Uh…_420s_?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:49 PM #10

Mav - 01 April 2012 11:47 PM

Uh…_420s_?

YUP smile

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:50 PM #11

And therein lies the answer to everything!  If only we knew, huh?

I have to wait for some kinda trend before jumping into anything earlier than May 12 BCSes.  AAPL is still repricing.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 April 2012 08:55 PM #12

With a call so ITM, which expiry you choose a few months out doesn’t really matter (much), does it?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 01 April 2012 08:58 PM #13

I’d be mighty pleased if AAPL went up a bunch on Monday

and Tuesday

and Wednesday

• Posted: 01 April 2012 09:00 PM #14

Maybe it’s me—but I just don’t see it.  Looks like Ashton Kutcher is playing Steve Jobs in an indie film titled “Jobs”—weird.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/01/ashton-kutcher-steve-jobs-movie_n_1395193.html

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 01 April 2012 09:04 PM #15

LEAPfrog - 01 April 2012 11:38 PM

How much appreciation/depreciation (percentage-wise) can we expect?  Is it worth trading?  I’ve got a couple APR 420’s I’m considering…..

Quoting from aapltrader:

http://aapltrader99.home.comcast.net/~aapltrader99/Apple_Trading/April_Option_Play.html

“Look at the below info on how Apple and a near the money Call and near the money Put traded this past Jan 3rd and 4th. 

Date               Apple         Apple Jan 21 410 Call         Apple Jan 21 410 Put    
    Jan 3, 2012       $411.23             $10.80                   $9.70
    Jan 4, 2012       $413.44             $9.90                     $6.38

I pasted the option chains for Jan and Feb monthly options below for Jan 3rd and and Jan 4th. 

As you can see, Apple moved up $2.21 but the Jan 410 call dropped by 8.33% and the 410 Put dropped by 34% in 1 day.  The implied volatility for the Apple 410 calls was 28.17% on Jan 3rd and dropped to 22.68% on Jan 4th.  “