AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 02 April 2012 12:23 AM #31

Like I wrote, sometimes I don’t have a clue

This is one of those times.

I just must have cognitive limitations, I guess

• Posted: 02 April 2012 12:34 AM #32

Burgess - 02 April 2012 12:15 AM
    Phoebear611 - 02 April 2012 12:00 AM

Maybe it’s me—but I just don’t see it.  Looks like Ashton Kutcher is playing Steve Jobs in an indie film titled “Jobs”—weird.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/01/ashton-kutcher-steve-jobs-movie_n_1395193.html

I thought this was an April fool’s joke…?

Strong resemblance.  If true, I hope he has the depth to pull it off.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 02 April 2012 12:42 AM #33

Gregg Thurman - 02 April 2012 03:34 AM

Maybe it’s me—but I just don’t see it.  Looks like Ashton Kutcher is playing Steve Jobs in an indie film titled “Jobs”—weird.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/01/ashton-kutcher-steve-jobs-movie_n_1395193.html

They couldn’t get Noah Wyle to reprise the role?

Posted: 02 April 2012 12:46 AM #34

nkmho - 02 April 2012 03:42 AM
    Gregg Thurman - 02 April 2012 03:34 AM

They couldn’t get Noah Wyle to reprise the role?

I agree, but Wyle is getting a little long of tooth to play a young Jobs.

In fairness, if you’ve seen Kutcher in The Butterfly Effect, one of the most depressing movies ever, he does have range beyond “playing” a douchebag.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 02 April 2012 12:49 AM #35

Monday

R4       640.54
      midpoint   634.23
    R3       627.92
      midpoint   621.61
    R2       615.30
      midpoint   611.37
    R1       607.43
      midpoint   605.06
    PP       602.68
      midpoint   598.75
    S1       594.81
      midpoint   592.44
    S2       590.06
      midpoint   583.75
    S3       577.44
      midpoint   571.13
    S4       564.82

Posted: 02 April 2012 01:31 AM #36

I would say “too soon?”, but it’s an independent film, it’s Steve Jobs, and they could quite appropriately end the movie right around the time of Steve’s return to Apple in the 1996.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 April 2012 03:03 AM #37

lovemyipad - 01 April 2012 09:06 PM

Up, down, or sideways? smile

I concur with UP bias due to first of the quarter fund inflows that can now invest in the HIGHEST PAYING DIVIDEND fruit company on the planet whose typically worst quarter of the year is poised to report second (maybe first) BEST-ever results.

It’s that time of the trading season for me where I can be patient knowing that three weeks from now there are very good odds that AAPL will be trading significantly higher than Friday’s close. Could there be a dip or even a WTF sale between now and then. Yup. And I’ve got 10% in reserve just in case. But I am certain the train is leaving soon, I am on board and I am confident of where it is going.

Speaking of confident…  I listened again today to the March 19 dividend announcement and, Between TC and Oppenheimer, I heard them say “confident” or “very confident” at least four times. There is a knowing swagger in their voices coming from KINGS of the F’n HILL.

I am sure that TC once again made some very bold bets, this time on China 4s and new iPad production…  all the longs will be rewarded handsomely as a result of TC’s bold bets.

While it may seem almost incomprehensible, the PACE of Apple’s growth is still accelerating.

I love this conclusion from Asymco’s March 27 post:

“The cause of this divergence between reality and perception is that disruptions are divergent from perceptions. A disruptive company always ?leads? its valuation. There is cognitive delay for the vast bulk of observers. You can then argue that for those, like Mr. Coleman, that don?t suffer this delay, there will be profit.”

Here’s to all my AFB brothers and sisters who have helped cure me of “cognitive delay.” We know where this train is going… PROFIT TOWN!!!  Yes, I am drinking the AAPL Koolaid and, damn, it sure tastes sweet!

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 02 April 2012 03:25 AM #38

Apple juice with apples fresh from the orchard.

Never mind any kool-aid nonsense.  The RDF is gone.  Really, really good hardware and software created by singularly focused, mega-talented teams remains.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 April 2012 04:36 AM #39

I prepared this table to help me get an idea of where AAPL’s share price might be headed should they report earnings of $12/share.

Since we are currently trading about 17X TTM earnings of $35.11, it seems reasonable to forecast an eventual post earnings share price of $692.  (17PE X TTM of $40.71).

While 17X might not seem fair compared to Amazon’s PE, it would satisfy me…

Image Attachments

Apple PE Share Price.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 02 April 2012 04:56 AM #40

Falkirk posted this on PED’s site:

I’m focused on the iPad numbers. A year ago in the first fiscal quarter, Apple had terrible (for Apple) tablet sales both because customers delayed purchases in anticipation of the iPad 2 and because Apple couldn’t get the production of the iPad 2 up to speed fast enough.

This year, Apple signaled that they were in great shape, supply-wise, by selling the iPad in 10 countries on day one and a whopping 25 more countries just a week later. And despite record sales on the debut weekend and unprecedented early distribution opportunities, there appear to be no iPad shortages.

This can mean one of two things:

- Demand has dropped; or
    - Apple has managed to radically increase their supply of iPads.

If it’s the former, I’m only worried for this quarter. I’m quite confident that tablets are trending, that Apple is riding the crest of that trend and that Apple is going to sell of ton of iPads this year.

If it’s the latter…wow. Look out. If 3 million iPads in 3 days was just the tip of the iceberg, then that’s going to be one damn big iceberg.

If iPad sales meet or match expectations, that means that demand is rapidly growing, that Apple has found a way to supply that demand, and that the star that is the iPad is about to go supernova.

Signature

Posted: 02 April 2012 05:32 AM #41

Well off to a robust start pre market - Up 5.00.  I’ll take it.

Signature

Jan13 $600 or BUST! LEAP Spread Trial: Bought Jan13 590/600 BCS @1.45 on 9-21-2011
    Max Profit: 689%  Current Price:
    4.50 +210% as of 5-2-2012 - Woohoo! Finally Green!

Posted: 02 April 2012 05:50 AM #42

Recap of last week from an OI max pain perspective by Travis:

http://aaplpain.com/?p=1817

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 02 April 2012 06:20 AM #43

Markets turning quickly red…

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

• Posted: 02 April 2012 07:27 AM #44

All you AMZN players - Bank America downgraded it to neutral this morning - fyi

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 02 April 2012 07:43 AM #45

This morning - 8th straight month of Euro mfg contraction neutralizing markets a bit but we are still looking positive.  Next week Alcoa and JPM kick off earnings - good luck to all.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On