Analyze THIS

Posted: 03 April 2012 09:29 AM

So, now that the first quarter is done, when and where do we get to see institutional holdings?

I know it’s more fun to blather about TV and supply chains, but here is a real question begging real analysis:

Can you quantify demand for AAPL shares by dividend and equity income funds?

I’d say every one of them will want at least market exposure…..plus the growth funds that have been lagging ( by definition, any fund with less than market exposure )  will have to be plussing up.

Remember, the supply of shares is fixed at 942 m.

Oh yeah, dividend growth funds kick in next year.

Hang on tight.  The fun is just beginning.

X

Signature

One trillion or bust

Posted: 03 April 2012 11:51 AM #1

I agree. But the real fun will start in a few quarters when Apple starts increasing its dividend payout.

I also think that the indirect results of the dividend and stock buyback, is that it will drive the share price so high that there will a considerable discussion about splitting the stock.

I say in less then 10 months there will much talk about the need for stock split like we saw 10 months prior to dividend.

Posted: 03 April 2012 11:52 AM #2

If AAPL were 61.8 at end of day yesterday, would AAPL be higher than 63 today?

Well, let’s look at our favorite ridiculously overvalued tech stock AMZN, which is “more affordable” per share.  May provide a bit of a clue.

Good question about institutional ownership.  Is there a “real-time” source for that?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.