What do you want to see in the next iPhone?

• Posted: 09 April 2012 12:51 PM

There have been a few rumors flying lately about what chip the new iPhone will be using, when it will come out, etc.

So what do you want to see in the next iPhone? (Let’s try to stick to things that seem feasible given today’s technology, without raising prices… smile)

• Posted: 09 April 2012 01:43 PM #1

So far each advancement in the chipset has focused on improving performance without sacrificing battery. At this point I am very satisfied with my iPhone 4S performance. This fall I would gladly pay for a new iPhone that does the opposite—one that offers the same performance as the last model but can stand up to two or three days of real-world use on a single charge.

That said, I don’t think Apple will make that choice. If they can bump up the battery life a bit they will, but they won’t forego a speed increase to make it happen.

I would like to see Apple implement a digital wallet system using NFC, allowing you to link your device to credit and debit/checking accounts, customer loyalty cards, etc. I know Android phones have started to implement this but it hasn’t really caught on. I could see it being something that Apple popularizes by implementing it better than anyone else has so far.

[ Edited: 09 April 2012 01:46 PM by David Nelson ]