AAPL Chart Talk

Posted: 02 April 2012 07:04 PM #31

You got it!  Train days are gifts. smile

Posted: 02 April 2012 07:25 PM #32

iPad, can you call up the Feb. 9 or 15 charts?  I’m curious whether, from a chart perspective, that one chart from February (I think, you remember which one right?) would be a “better” one than today’s.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 April 2012 07:54 PM #33

No chart today?  :-(

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:03 PM #34

Mav - 02 April 2012 10:25 PM

iPad, can you call up the Feb. 9 or 15 charts?  I’m curious whether, from a chart perspective, that one chart from February (I think, you remember which one right?) would be a “better” one than today’s.

NOT better, far worse!  Now: good.  Then: bad.  Currently, we’ve had two weeks of consolidation with healthy ebb and flow.  Not so in Feb.  I will see if I made notes on a chart from that stretch.  2/9 was the day after TC spoke to GS, and 2/15 was the blow-off top.  That was the dangerous parabolic stretch…because we went too long and too far without any retrace whatsoever.  Prior to 2/9, we had four “up” days and were due for some normal retrace, which didn’t come.  Instead we piled on four MORE “up” days, creating “panic” buying conditions that culminated on 2/15—30 point range with all the gains reversed.  That’s the risk we run when there’s no retrace along the way—we open the door for a flash crash.

Right now, this is a MUCH better looking chart.  We aren’t overbought or oversold.  We just came off three “down” days, so we were due for some upside.  No problemo. smile

All MHO, of course. :D

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:04 PM #35

incorrigible - 02 April 2012 10:54 PM

No chart today?  :-(

LOL!  Just for you. wink

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:06 PM #36

Sorry iPad, mind if you post those 2/9 and 2/15 charts?  Maybe I got ‘em wrong, but I remember the day after the “magic chart”, whichever it was, was awesome, at least for a little while.

We were in agreement that the chart today is great (even if I’m only getting it “right” by sheer dumb luck).  Thanks for the comparative context - very helpful!  No question this is a more _sustainable_ chart.

But as you know, a lot of a more active trader’s trading time is spent looking towards tomorrow - and while I remember what that February? chart looked like, I just can’t remember what day it was.  I know, it doesn’t really matter, it’s just buggin’ me.

[ Edited: 02 April 2012 08:10 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:11 PM #37

OLD FOUR-HOUR CHART FROM FEB’12:

[ Edited: 02 April 2012 08:14 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:22 PM #38

Hey, I forgot I have Silverlight!  *shiver*

Let’s see if I can’t figure some stuff out with FreeStockCharts…

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:29 PM #39

Nope.  I remain confused.  I’m dropping the search, it’s a waste of time.

Focusing on the present/future.  That’s what counts.  (Along with not forgetting what I had for lunch too many days in a row…)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 April 2012 07:54 PM #40

I can has chart?

I’m thinking a trend is UP chart but with considerably less confidence than yesterday.  Some definite caution signals today.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 03 April 2012 10:29 PM #41

The Cobra site notes that Apple again touched the upper trend line on the hour chart, so he expects a higher high immediately ahead, though it may take a few days.

Posted: 04 April 2012 07:50 PM #42

AAPL INTRADAY 30-MINUTE CHART:

Posted: 04 April 2012 08:17 PM #43

Your thoughts on the weekly chart Bollinger hook theory from Fitz, iPad?

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 April 2012 08:59 PM #44

lovemyipad - 04 April 2012 10:50 PM

AAPL INTRADAY 30-MINUTE CHART:

Hi iPad,
    Is there a particular reason that you are using the 30-minute chart?  Have you found the results on MACD, RSI to be more immediate or reliable than the 1-minute or 1-hour chart when you ‘re deciding to trade?

Posted: 04 April 2012 09:44 PM #45

Mav - 04 April 2012 11:17 PM

Your thoughts on the weekly chart Bollinger hook theory from Fitz, iPad?

Mav, I agree.  Bollinger bands narrow in range compression/ consolidation and widen in range expansion (in either direction).  We’ve been in a period of range expansion.  At some point, we’ll have some consolidation (sideways action).  So the lower BB curling (from formerly down) says upward momentum is slowing—we are accelerating at a decelerating pace (not necessarily a bad thing!), so don’t be surprised by some sideways action in the intermediate-term.

My WAG: At some point, I expect we will consolidate in a 100-point range for a few months.  I’m thinking maybe around that “sell in May” period.

[ Edited: 04 April 2012 09:55 PM by lovemyipad ]