AAPL Chart Talk

Posted: 04 April 2012 09:54 PM #46

macZiggy - 04 April 2012 11:59 PM
    lovemyipad - 04 April 2012 10:50 PM

AAPL INTRADAY 30-MINUTE CHART:

Hi iPad,
    Is there a particular reason that you are using the 30-minute chart?  Have you found the results on MACD, RSI to be more immediate or reliable than the 1-minute or 1-hour chart when you ‘re deciding to trade?

Hi, macZiggy!  I look at all the timeframes really.  I zoom in and out to see bigger/smaller picture…trees versus forest.  Short-term versus short-short-term versus short-short-short-term. :D

Here, I was looking at the 60-minute chart at first to get a read on the oscillators/oversold levels and compare with previous tradable bottoms.  60-minute wasn’t definitive enough—Fast Sto wasn’t at extreme levels—so I zoomed in for a closer view.  The 30-minute chart showed Fast Sto at extreme levels, so I could better compare with others.  In this timeframe, today’s lows sure look like a tradable bottom to me…of course, we’ll have to wait and see.  We still need confirmation. smile

[ Edited: 04 April 2012 09:58 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 04 April 2012 10:08 PM #47

lovemyipad - 05 April 2012 12:54 AM

Hi iPad,
    Is there a particular reason that you are using the 30-minute chart?  Have you found the results on MACD, RSI to be more immediate or reliable than the 1-minute or 1-hour chart when you ‘re deciding to trade?

Hi, macZiggy!  I look at all the timeframes really.  I zoom in and out to see bigger/smaller picture…trees versus forest.  Short-term versus short-short-term versus short-short-short-term. :D

Here, I was looking at the 60-minute chart at first to get a read on the oscillators/oversold levels and compare with previous tradable bottoms.  60-minute wasn’t definitive enough—Fast Sto wasn’t at extreme levels—so I zoomed in for a closer view.  The 30-minute chart showed Fast Sto at extreme levels, so I could better compare with others.  In this timeframe, today’s lows sure look like a tradable bottom to me…of course, we’ll have to wait and see.  We still need confirmation. smile

Thanks for the great explanation.  I always watch 1-min, 60-min, and daily charts (and 5-minute sometimes) for entry/exit positions, but your 30-minute chart shows more definitive points to enter/exit.  Would have done the trick today with legging in-and-out of spreads.  Really good lesson for me.  Thanks!!

• Posted: 04 April 2012 10:18 PM #48

Mav - 04 April 2012 11:17 PM

Your thoughts on the weekly chart Bollinger hook theory from Fitz, iPad?

What was the answer to this question? Was it ever given? ... never mind - just saw it

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 04 April 2012 11:17 PM #49

lovemyipad - 05 April 2012 12:54 AM

Hi iPad,

I imagine it’s the quick zooming in and out where those bunny rabbit slippers come in real handy.  Did I tell you I still need more cowbell?

Posted: 04 April 2012 11:22 PM #50

LOL!  Love you, Max! smile

Posted: 05 April 2012 12:05 AM #51

Back atcha Madam Moderator!  smile

Posted: 05 April 2012 12:12 AM #52

Btw, Bollinger bands on Fitz’s chart signaled one thing weekly and nothing much on a daily or something chart.

So does that just mean absorb everything and reach your own conclusions technicals-wise?  Or should I just ignore it and keep watching the MACD-H? LOL

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 April 2012 12:16 PM #53

Mav, ignore it and just watch MACD-h. wink

macZiggy, tradable bottom confirmed!!! smile

Posted: 07 April 2012 11:23 AM #54

I thought this was interesting. Any thoughts?

http://chart.ly/3h8sj2p

Posted: 07 April 2012 11:35 AM #55

Price is currently increasing at a decreasing rate.  That much is fact.  Are we nearing the top of our new range before a temporary consolidation phase?  Maybe.  Then again, maybe there’s another 100 points before consolidation.  This part is speculation.  One person’s guess is as good as another’s because no one knows for sure.

Posted: 08 April 2012 03:31 PM #56

For informational purposes / alternate viewpoints only:

Trading AAPL Short-term

Personally, I am not keen on stepping in front of trains, no matter how many signals indicate a potential reversal—I’ll believe it when I see it.  It’s one thing to take profits on longs, another thing entirely to enter shorts.  In what has thus far been a raging bull market, I am more inclined to do the former, not at all the latter.

• Posted: 08 April 2012 09:31 PM #57

lovemyipad - 07 April 2012 02:35 PM

[...]  One person’s guess is as good as another’s because no one knows for sure.

Cannot say I agree, unless the word “guess” is strictly interpreted.  One person’s opinion is not as good as another’s.  For example your opinion, and the opinion of several others here is better than mine when it comes to short term trading.  And Marty Zweig’s opinion (“don’t fight the Fed”) is better than most anyone.

On another subject:  I have not been posting here much lately.  No one reason.  I am busy.  I don’t have that much new to add (I am still way too long).  But another contributing factor is this: Just to post this response, I had to allow fully 21 scripts to run, including Google, Facebook, Google Analytics, Twitter, Google Syndication, Googleapsis, Doubleclick, Kontera, and many I have never heard of.  That is a lot of work just to try to make my friends think I am a genius.

Posted: 08 April 2012 11:25 PM #58

Capa, your friends already know. wink  Is there a way to turn off the scripts?

Agree “don’t fight the Fed,” is brilliant.  If I thought for one second the central banks were truly backing off accommodative monetary policy, I’d buy puts.  But I don’t, so I’m not. smile

[ Edited: 08 April 2012 11:30 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 13 April 2012 07:50 PM #59

Scott Redler - Watching AAPL to Gauge the Market

Posted: 13 April 2012 08:50 PM #60

lovemyipad - 13 April 2012 10:50 PM

Scott Redler - Watching AAPL to Gauge the Market

He is a day trader?  How about the possible larger H&S?  Left shoulder $621.45, Head $644 and Neckline $597.94.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs