Posted: 20 April 2012 05:08 PM

The bar is OPEN!!!

But there will be NO Snoopy Dance…

[ Edited: 22 April 2012 11:59 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:10 PM #1

My account shrank like a grape 10 feet from the sun this week

And all I got was this lousy WHO TOOK MY T-SHIRT AW COME ON MAN

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:13 PM #2

VXAFB is very high. This has been one hell of a week.

Hopefully all your losses are only on paper and will be recouped in the next couple of weeks. Also hope those that had the funds and gumptions were able to take advantage of the sale.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:17 PM #3

Have not read Intraday…going there now…

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:22 PM #4

I think it was Zulu who said something like, “I keep buying the dip, and it keeps on dipping!”

Using a little discretion and yes, even kindness/restraint may not be a bad idea when there are so many frayed nerves and when many here use higher-beta trading strategies.  There are many experienced, hardened traders here, but some also see AFB as more of a community/“family” as well.  Just try to keep that in mind.

Personally, I’m not happy about the week and my account looks like #$$ compared to three weeks ago, but I’m still calm, trying to stick to the plan.  There’s possible reasons for optimism.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:23 PM #5

My account got bashed this week as well.  I loaded up much too quickly on Jan 13 $600 long calls when aapl initially dropped from $644 to about $608.  Initially, I thought that I might be able to flip the calls right before earnings, but now it looks as though I will be holding these through earnings and beyond.

• Posted: 20 April 2012 05:24 PM #6

Won’t complain. 

Feeling pretty positive, even.

Have good weekends

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:26 PM #7

Sweet!  Multiple weekends! wink

Crap!  More days I can’t trade?!? :( LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 April 2012 05:27 PM #8

We each have one.

1+1+1+1 etc… = multiple weekends

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:30 PM #9

roni - 20 April 2012 08:27 PM

We each have one.

1+1+1+1 etc… = multiple weekends

You can have my weekend.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:32 PM #10

I’m keeping mine!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 April 2012 05:34 PM #11

I like the weekend.  Good to have a break from the market.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:36 PM #12

I think this is just one of those times very much like the end of last year.

The fund. of this company have not changed only improved and the momentum alone not to mention the pipeline and the dynamic change of moving from a PC to a tablet for many many applications and lifestyles is only getting more true.

It is one of those Warren Buffet moments.  If the story hasn’t changed and the numbers are looking good you put your money where your mouth is.

I bought 30 Jan 13 745 options earlier in the week at 28 during the first drop and picked up 10 more today at 20.  I just look closely at the fundamentals and the story remains the same so I just don’t think it is that much of a risk.

JD was right about the articles the last 5 days .  What a bunch of weak polly anna chicken little reasons to sell the stock these were.

As a matter of fact reading the so called reasons that these writers used to say sell the stock made me feel even better that I think I know what I’m talking about.

when you feel that your knowledge about the fundamentals of Apple are strong and your check and recheck your reasoning and it rings true then you buy when there is blood in the streets.

This too shall pass.

Eric in Austin

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:43 PM #13

50-day moving average at $569 and gap close at $568 are close enough from today?s lows.

Always had a feeling this gap should be closed the sooner the better. The speed of the downside today pointing to $568 looked same time terrifying and soothing. Good setup for earnings.

Strong feeling we find strong support after the Monday morning swoosh. Shorts should cover soon.

The questions reside on trusting a good earnings report. Sticking with the plan. Buy and hold is the way to go. Fundamentals trump panic.

Posted: 20 April 2012 05:48 PM #14

Cold beer for me and a toast to an expected earnings beat!

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 20 April 2012 05:54 PM #15

I saw only 2 stories this week regarding apple that caused me to stop and think.  The first being Qaulcomm’s “chip shortage”.  While I do beleive this to be true my money is on the thought that Apple has already bought and paid for enough Qualcomm chips to meet their own projected demand.  The shortage will more likely impact other phone manufacturers similar to tablet displays and other mobile device components have.
    The other was Verizon’s statement of slowing iPhone sales.  Regardless of the reasons,  what many investors seem to be forgetting ( and I am not referring to AFB investors ). Is that having Multiple carriers in the US means after the initial launch each carrier is less likey to steal customers away from each other unless they have cheaper data plans.  This would also mean existing customers within each carrier will reach iPhone saturation relatively quickly.  Lastly, as mentioned elsewhere, the US market is losing its significance for Apple’s business with each passing day..

PS.  My accounts are also down a boat load in the last 10 days but I try to keep in mind that they were up a ship load before the fall grin

[ Edited: 20 April 2012 05:56 PM by Jcaron ]