Weekend Updates - Archive

• Posted: 20 April 2012 05:57 PM #16

eric in Austin - 20 April 2012 08:36 PM

I think this is just one of those times very much like the end of last year.

The fund. of this company have not changed only improved and the momentum alone not to mention the pipeline and the dynamic change of moving from a PC to a tablet for many many applications and lifestyles is only getting more true.

It is one of those Warren Buffet moments.  If the story hasn’t changed and the numbers are looking good you put your money where your mouth is.

I bought 30 Jan 13 745 options earlier in the week at 28 during the first drop and picked up 10 more today at 20.  I just look closely at the fundamentals and the story remains the same so I just don’t think it is that much of a risk.

JD was right about the articles the last 5 days .  What a bunch of weak polly anna chicken little reasons to sell the stock these were.

As a matter of fact reading the so called reasons that these writers used to say sell the stock made me feel even better that I think I know what I’m talking about.

when you feel that your knowledge about the fundamentals of Apple are strong and your check and recheck your reasoning and it rings true then you buy when there is blood in the streets.

This too shall pass.

Eric in Austin

+1 for the reminder. If fundamentals are still sound (and you’re not in short-dated options), nothing to worry about, perhaps even something to cheer. I’m buying the dip. Cheers!

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:05 PM #17

My account is down about 25% from its recent ATH :(

But on the plus side it’s up over 800% for the last 12 months smile

I’ve actually increased my iPhone target for earnings just now, so I am feeling rather optimistic about next week. Although not quite optimistic enough to be hopeful that my pocket change gamble on weekly 670s yesterday will pay off…

90% invested in LEAPS keeps me focused on the long view.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:12 PM #18

Trading account:  12% below recent ATH.

Diablo III open beta for the weekend.  See you in Tristram.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 20 April 2012 06:15 PM #19

I’m really happy to see us hold 572, that was the low of the big retrace on Tuesday. I think that is technically very important. Also, as others have noted, the 50 day has caught up to its, and is putting in a nice floor beneath us.

I have higher hopes for next week. I’ve dipped into a few weekly BCS, I might even be tempted to close some of the lower ones on Tuesday if they are solidly in the money. My only concern is the Street’s reaction to earnings, not the earnings themselves. Like too many before me have said, the market can stay irrational a lot longer than you can stay solvent.

Best of luck to everyone, have a great weekend.

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:19 PM #20

The verizon slow down from the first quarter would be expected as the last quarter was the first quarter they had the iPhone.  They had a huge number of people that were just waiting with expired contracts to get the phone and reup for 2 years.

You would expect that to produce an initial surge of sales then a fall off.  I think the thing to look at would be the annual numbers given the number sold this quarter projected over their usual yearly fluctuations and doing that gives you pretty good numbers for IPhone sales.

• Posted: 20 April 2012 06:20 PM #21

Apple’ s use of its cash stash

This article repeats some things that a lot of us already know, but it still makes good weekend reading for some who might be a little discouraged after this week

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:35 PM #22

Next week is prime time for an Eric Liddell moment as depicted in this Chariots of Fire movie clip . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYxH8VMeXw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:39 PM #23

Mav - 20 April 2012 08:22 PM

I think it was Zulu who said something like, “I keep buying the dip, and it keeps on dipping!”

Prazan: ?Every time I buy the f-ing dip, it goes and dips some f-ing more!?

[ Edited: 20 April 2012 10:45 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 20 April 2012 06:40 PM #24

SOMETHING LIKE!  SHEESH!  LOL

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 April 2012 06:58 PM #25

I literally stepped away from the market today.  Kept an eye on the stock on my iPhone and iPad3 but got out and took a drive to the countryside.  Today was sausage making day and I didn’t want to watch them making sausages on tv and seeing interviews with socially dysfunctional analysts who don’t short AAPL shares at $270 as they suggest the world do and who can barely conjugate a sentence.  Man oh man - it really is all about the ratings.  Every other headline on Twitter as well—AAPL Rotten to the Core —Market Taking a Huge Bite Out of AAPL—and so on, and so on. Yes, today was sausage making day but on Tuesday I will take mine grilled, with peppers and onions and inhale the aroma as if I was in a good Italian feast.
    If I had stared at my screens all day I fear I would have done something stupid like sell when every fiber in me tells me to sit tight and have faith. 
    I am long, I am strong, I am woman.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 20 April 2012 07:15 PM #26

Phoebear611, golf has the same effect as a drive in the country. Pretty hard to think about AAPL when you’re fretting over a 4ft. putt that might cost you a buck if you don’t make it grin

I stay away from Twitter, I can’t think of anything more disturbing. Noise X 10.

Edit: going to watch our boy in Ghost Protocol with a few drinks tonight. grin

• Posted: 20 April 2012 07:23 PM #27

ChasMac77 - 20 April 2012 10:15 PM

Phoebear611, golf has the same effect as a drive in the country. Pretty hard to think about AAPL when you’re fretting over a 4ft. putt that might cost you a buck if you don’t make it grin

I stay away from Twitter, I can’t think of anything more disturbing. Noise X 10.

Losing a buck on a putt does not hurt nearly as much as losing 2 sleeves of balls…...  In 9 holes :-(

Posted: 20 April 2012 08:08 PM #28

Mace - 20 April 2012 09:12 PM

Trading account:  12% below recent ATH.

Diablo III open beta for the weekend.  See you in Tristram.

What’s your tag Mace wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 April 2012 08:10 PM #29

ChasMac77 - 20 April 2012 10:15 PM

Keep pushing, Chas.  Keep pushing…

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 April 2012 08:16 PM #30

Well, just speaking for myself….that was scary…

Now, for something a little more lighthearted and which will tickle the fancy of every oldtimer who can remember 1984….and the introduction of the Mac….and just how revolutionary it all was. Compare the novelty of “point and click” to Siri today…...

http://www.retronaut.co/2012/04/introducing-macintosh-ad-insert-in-newsweek-1984/

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before