deleted

• Posted: 12 May 2012 04:24 PM

deleted

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 11:01 AM by blue sequoia ]      
  • Posted: 12 May 2012 04:43 PM #1

One would think TC doesn’t do this for fun. Why else would he do this other than to use it as a venue to informally provide information to shareholders between earnings announcements. The All Things D conference comes at the same time in the earnings quarter as the Goldman Sachs visit last quarter.

Maybe this point is obvious. Will be interesting to hear what he says.

[ Edited: 12 May 2012 04:46 PM by gliderplane ]      
  • Posted: 12 May 2012 04:45 PM #2

A good line-up , but notably missing representation: Google, Moto, Samsung, Facebook.

Not an appropriate place to release market-moving info, so TC will mainly be reinforcing with “added color” what is already known.

Posted: 12 May 2012 04:52 PM #3

Steve Jobs attended the D conference more than once (I think at least 3 times).  This is Tim’s first “worldwide” appearance apart from “controlled settings” like Apple keynotes or the friendlier confines of the GS tech conference.  Schiller was slated to attend the D: Asia conference October last year, but of course he had to excuse himself from that event.

Important “PR event”, but not likely to move AAPL.

Interesting, indeed, that the Android brigade isn’t on the guest list.  Though an ex-Facebook guy from the early days (Parker) is.  Might tune into the archives of Larry Ellison’s talk just because of the ongoing lawsuit LOL

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 12 May 2012 05:26 PM #4

sleepygeek - 12 May 2012 07:45 PM

A good line-up , but notably missing representation: Google, Moto, Samsung, Facebook.

Not an appropriate place to release market-moving info, so TC will mainly be reinforcing with “added color” what is already known.

Too soon after the IPO for Facebook?

• Posted: 12 May 2012 06:51 PM #5

Maybe Android crowd were invited but declined in fear of imminent legal embarrassment.

Posted: 12 May 2012 07:04 PM #6

Interesting, indeed. :D

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 12 May 2012 07:34 PM #7

deleted

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 10:58 AM by blue sequoia ]      
  • Posted: 13 May 2012 04:44 PM #8

deleted

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 10:59 AM by blue sequoia ]      
  • Posted: 13 May 2012 06:36 PM #9

I think the absence of FB and Google may be because they have had pretty good coverage in the last couple of years. Apple is the story this time. Neither of those two have much new to say at the moment and Cook has never been interviewed in this way before. (technology angle rather than financial). Cant remember off the top of my head if the last appearance from Jobs was the chat with Gates or if he made an appearance after.

Eric Schmidt has been interviewed at D8 and D9.

Just checked and Jobs last made an appearance at D8.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were at D5.

Signature

• Posted: 13 May 2012 11:58 PM #10

I don’t see TC announcing or revealing a product at All Things D.
    Now, I could see him demo’ing or talking about a new product release.
    Ideally, TC talking about the new MacBook Pro and the new design philosophy
    and the new technologies.

Posted: 14 May 2012 02:09 AM #11

Is that a chronological line up?

Ed Catmull from Disney right before TC. Steve Jobs family still are the biggest shareholders in Disney right?

At the least I think we will here some nice stories from TC, Ellison & Catmull about their time with Steve Jobs…

Since Aaron Sorkin is on the list, I’m not surprised no one from facebook is there (Sorkin wrote the brilliant screenplay for “The Social Network”) - Sorkin is also being hunted to do the Steve Jobs bio screenplay - he will at least be asked about it I guess.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 27 May 2012 07:23 AM #12

deleted

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 10:59 AM by blue sequoia ]      

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:05 PM #13

blue sequoia - 27 May 2012 10:23 AM

FWIW-  TC is set to speak this coming Tues @ 6pm PT… supposedly there will be a live stream of the event.

That would be new. They usually release excerpts of the interviews the same day and then the full interview a few days later.

MWAG is that the questions TC will be asked from Walt and Kara have been pre-approved ...

I don’t think so. Besides, Tim can handle any question put to him. Walt & Kara know what questions are not likely to get answers. They might still ask them, but Tim knows how to deal with them.

• Posted: 27 May 2012 05:11 PM #14

deleted

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 11:00 AM by blue sequoia ]      

Posted: 27 May 2012 06:29 PM #15

From a general interest perspective, I’m really looking forward to the Aaron Sorkin interview now that he is confirmed to be writing the big budget Steve Jobs movie.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics