Let’s Crack The Code!

• Posted: 21 May 2012 01:31 AM

Here’s my prediction on the iPanel, Apple’s next big revenue generator (next to the iPad mini, the iPhone 5 and the iWallet and the….)

1. It will be a beautiful ultra slim display with no border, all screen.
    2. It will have a very high screen resolution a la retina display.
    3. It will come in 2-3 sizes (40 - 60 inches).
    4. It will be wireless. The only cable will be an electrical plug.
    5. It will come with a wireless modem that has a 1000 gig hard drive. All content will download to the modem first and then be sent wirelessly to the iPanel.
    6. The iCloud and modem will act as PVRs.
    7. It will incorporate SIRI for voice commands & search.
    8. It will come with a special remote that will have the following features (among others) built in: Keypad, microphone to interact with SIRI and it will also be used (much like the WII) as a wand for hand movement to scroll through screens etc.
    9. iPhones and iPads will also be able to be used as remotes.
    10. It will come loaded with many cool apps and a dizzying number of new apps for the home will become available quickly.
    11. Optional game controllers will be available and the iPanel will become the #1 gaming console of choice.
    11. 3-D will be incorporated into it at some point and without the need for special glasses.
    12. All shows/channels must be purchased through iTunes. Some will be bundled, some won’t. As time passes bundles will disappear.
    13. Many carriers will subsidize the cost to consumers with a 2-3 year contract.
    14. In time Apple will have all content providers on board eliminating the need for carriers.

How would your iPanel crack the code?

• Posted: 21 May 2012 01:45 AM #1

Let me add a camera for facetime, facial recognition etc…

Posted: 21 May 2012 07:49 PM #2

And of course it will retail starting at $499 for the 40” !!!  I wish.

And, as long as we’re dreaming can an Apple A/V Audio system be far behind? I want the TV to talk wireless-ly to an Audio surround system via on screen controls- 3D graphic EQ’s etc.

Signature

-I’m sorry, apparently my Karma has run over your Dogma -

• Posted: 22 May 2012 12:00 AM #3

CudaBoy - 21 May 2012 10:49 PM

And of course it will retail starting at $499 for the 40” !!!  I wish.

And, as long as we’re dreaming can an Apple A/V Audio system be far behind? I want the TV to talk wireless-ly to an Audio surround system via on screen controls- 3D graphic EQ’s etc.

No dreams here, it’s a prediction. (1000 gig modem was a typo btw, meant 100). And you can bet on a wireless audio system because Apple won’t want the clutter of another wire (toslink or hdmi). You’ll be able to buy an optional wireless soundbar.