Weekend Updates

Posted: 26 May 2012 01:16 AM #16

In a galaxy far, far away…

35 years ago, May 25, 1977, in a year that brought us the Apple II smile, Star Wars hit theaters. Both were pivotal in Apple history. No Apple II, no Apple. No Star Wars, no Pixar, no Apple 2.0.

May the Force be with you!

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

• Posted: 26 May 2012 01:16 AM #17

Apple II+ - 26 May 2012 04:16 AM

35 years ago, May 25, 1977, in a year that brought us the Apple II smile, Star Wars hit theaters. Both were pivotal in Apple history. No Apple II, no Apple. No Star Wars, no Pixar, no Apple 2.0.

lol i didnt exist in 1977

Posted: 26 May 2012 01:23 AM #18

nate010203 - 26 May 2012 04:16 AM
    Apple II+ - 26 May 2012 04:16 AM

lol i didnt exist in 1977

From the Interesting Facts department: girls are born with all their eggs.

So you half existed. Sort of. Except, maybe, if you had a teenage mom or you’re 12. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 26 May 2012 02:17 AM #19

johnG - 26 May 2012 01:53 AM
    Mercel - 25 May 2012 11:49 PM

Faceplant just got slapped with another IPO lawsuit.  This could be good for Apple on Tuesday, if the correlation holds (FB down; AAPL up).

SNIP…........

Maybe Spongie wants to be anointed lead plaintiff with his 20 shares.  That would be cool.  LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA ..............  that’s too funny!    LOL

cheers (including Spongeman)
        JohnG

No worries I will take my loses by selling 5 years early and make it up with aapl at $5000.smile

• Posted: 26 May 2012 11:00 AM #20

Gene Munster on Bloomberg TV yesterday, talking about the Apple TV, Ive and the iPhone 5.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/93462039-apple-to-release-tv-in-2013-1st-half-munster-says.html

• Posted: 26 May 2012 11:10 AM #21

I am tired of Gene.  I still think he is a good guy, I am just tired of him. smile

I do not mind posts talking about him or linking to him, it just seems he is yesterday

• Posted: 26 May 2012 12:21 PM #22

roni - 26 May 2012 02:10 PM

I am tired of Gene.  I still think he is a good guy, I am just tired of him. smile

I do not mind posts talking about him or linking to him, it just seems he is yesterday

Gene Munster is one of the worst AAPL analysts on Wall Street. It’s funny, actually, because he gets quoted and interviewed so often. He’s really just a Gentle Mormon.

I’ve been asked to edit this post so I’m editing to Gentle Moron instead of Giant Moron. Hopefully this passes muster.

I’ve been asked to edit this post again so I’m going with Gentle Mormon instead of Gentle Moron. Hopefully this works.

[ Edited: 28 May 2012 02:51 PM by adamthompson32 ]      
  • Posted: 26 May 2012 12:27 PM #23

Interview with Jonathan Ive.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9283706/Jonathan-Ive-interview-simplicity-isnt-simple.html

• Posted: 26 May 2012 12:55 PM #24

I like Gene.  I don’t understand why some are down on this Apple bull full of snort.  His price targets are better than his EPS estimates, probably because there’s more accountability with EPS #s vs. one year price targets. 

I agree his EPS #s are LOW.  Consistently.  It’s part of the Wall Street game of UPOD w/client expectations.  Clients are far more forgiving w/estimates out a year.  Gene’s not alone here.

Who would you have on CNBC?  Zabitsky? (it’s a rhetorical question; I’m not trying to provoke).

Plus, Gene’s RIGHT on the Apple HDTV coming.  :wink:

• Posted: 26 May 2012 01:23 PM #25

Mercel - 26 May 2012 03:55 PM

I like Gene.  I don’t understand why some are down on this Apple bull full of snort.  His price targets are better than his EPS estimates, probably because there’s more accountability with EPS #s vs. one year price targets. 

I agree his EPS #s are LOW.  Consistently.  It’s part of the Wall Street game of UPOD w/client expectations.  Clients are far more forgiving w/estimates out a year.  Gene’s not alone here.

Who would you have on CNBC?  Zabitsky? (it’s a rhetorical question; I’m not trying to provoke).

He’s right about Apple HDTV…along with everyone else on Earth. I don’t care for the argument that he’s low in his estimates but so is everyone else so it’s ok. Is everyone low in their estimates for GOOG? Is everyone low in their estimates for AMZN? No. Those companies don’t consistently beat the HIGHEST WS estimate every quarter. AAPL does. Gene is part of the problem. He is a moron.

• Posted: 26 May 2012 01:23 PM #26

I like Gene too!!  With all the bashing from media tv anchors and short hedge fund managers and crazy SOB’s like Ed Zabitsky trying to drive the stock price down, Munster is one of the professionals that not only truely understands Apple, but is willing to go on TV and talk about it, and is trying to provide a case for moving the stock price up.  He’s an ally to Apple BULLS everywhere.  Keep at it Gene!  :-D

Posted: 26 May 2012 01:29 PM #27

Another example of UPOD, the April 6, 2012 dated Value Line survey lists EPS for FY 12 at $43.80.  Say what???  Granted this report was prior to the $12.30 reported in late April, but still.  Boy, come on AAPL, can you earn more than $8.815 for Q3 and Q4 to make Value Line’s $43.80 estimate?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. smile

FWIW, their estimate for last quarter was $9.73.  Their 2015-2017 price projections are from $1,070 to $1,450 against a $70 eps during the same time frame, or a PE from 15.29 to 20.71.  I like the upper end PE ratio!

Will be great to see their first update after the end of this fiscal year.

I like reading their report and using as a good ultra conservative base.

• Posted: 26 May 2012 01:31 PM #28

adamthompson32 - 26 May 2012 04:23 PM

He’s right about Apple HDTV…along with everyone else on Earth. I don’t care for the argument that he’s low in his estimates but so is everyone else so it’s ok. Is everyone low in their estimates for GOOG? Is everyone low in their estimates for AMZN? No. Those companies don’t consistently beat the HIGHEST WS estimate every quarter. AAPL does. Gene is part of the problem. He is a moron.

If I recall correctly, Gene Munster has a, what is now about 10 or 11 month, price target for Apple stock of $1,000, one of the highest estimates on the street.  I don’t have any problems with that.  Would you prefer he be at $700-$800?  Or, how about he was at $270 with Zabitsky?

Posted: 26 May 2012 03:35 PM #29

Count me among the fans of Gene Munster. I’m not tired of him. I think he’s a natural ally for Apple and Apple investors. My primary complaint is that we don’t have dozen WS analysts just like him.

Posted: 26 May 2012 03:39 PM #30

I like Mr. Munster too.  His awareness of Apple’s strengths and willingness to pound the table for the stock is o.k. By me.  Sure he gets stuff wrong, but not as wrong as most of the lemmings.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before