Posted: 28 May 2012 07:34 PM

Short week..  Up, down, or sideways?

[ Edited: 01 June 2012 08:40 PM by lovemyipad ]      
  • Posted: 28 May 2012 08:12 PM #1

lovemyipad - 28 May 2012 10:34 PM

What do you think?

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:18 PM #2

Up of course….

Fundamentals still excellent

Technicals looking better

Macro improving

Apple buzz getting louder

[ Edited: 28 May 2012 08:20 PM by LEAPfrog ]

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:24 PM #3

Gregg Thurman - 28 May 2012 11:12 PM

What do you think?

Gregg, curious how your free share scheme is working out?

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:24 PM #4

We’ll see!

We may be headed UP before long.  I’ll keep a close eye on the short-dated stuff in my portfolio.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:25 PM #5

[deleted]

[ Edited: 28 May 2012 08:53 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:30 PM #6

What do you think?

All of the above. :D

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:53 PM #7

TC speaking at D, WWDC rumors will begin to perculate, unlikely to be anything solid this week news wise, but may encourage buying leading into next week.

My money is on the Apple HDTV announcement at WWDC - for shipping in the Fall.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:05 PM #8

All of Burgess’ reasons plus month end, which will provide some buying support on Friday.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:15 PM #9

lovemyipad - 28 May 2012 11:30 PM

What do you think?

All of the above. :D

Up, then sideways, then down.  Finish the week up. This my swag minus the s.

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:30 PM #10

Mercel posted this on the Weekend Update thread. I’ve read it twice and can’t let it go…...

http://www.mondaynote.com/2012/05/27/decoding-share-prices-amazon-apple-and-facebook/

So, if the premise behind Amazon’s enormous P/E is that it will eventually run its competition out of town and then raise prices when it has a huge market advantage and an installed base with pricing power over its vendors…

But….

Apple is priced cheaply because it can’t maintain it’s pricing power with the carriers, despite an EXISTING dominant position, loyal customers and an installed base that would leave any carrier that dumped the iPhone…..

So….Amazon has flat earnings and deserves a P/E that is nose bleed, while Apple, growing earnings at 70% a year consistently, with innovation it’s middle name…deserves a P/E of 12-14.

The Gods Must Be Crazy.  :-?

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:32 PM #11

It Can’t Last?, Ensign.

The end is nigh.

Kinda like the end of the Sun a few billion years from now, but…it’s still nigh!  I’m just early with my call, is all!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 28 May 2012 10:59 PM #12

Mav - 29 May 2012 01:32 AM

It Can’t Last?, Ensign.

The end is nigh.

Kinda like the end of the Sun a few billion years from now, but…it’s still nigh!  I’m just early with my call, is all!

+1.  It can’t and it won’t.

I’m starting to watch put activity on AMZN.  Too, I’m hearing less optimism w/Amazon and retail these days.  It’s not just the sales tax issue, either.

[ Edited: 28 May 2012 11:07 PM by ByeTMO ]      
  • Posted: 28 May 2012 11:06 PM #13

Red Shirted Ensign - 29 May 2012 01:30 AM

So….Amazon has flat earnings and deserves a P/E that is nose bleed, while Apple, growing earnings at 70% a year consistently, with innovation it’s middle name…deserves a P/E of 12-14.

More like temporary insanity.

Posted: 28 May 2012 11:30 PM #14

Mercel - 29 May 2012 01:59 AM
    Mav - 29 May 2012 01:32 AM

It Can’t Last?, Ensign.

The end is nigh.

+1.  It can’t and it won’t.

I’m starting to watch put activity on AMZN.  Too, I’m hearing less optimism w/Amazon and retail these days.  It’s not just the sales tax issue, either.

To note, remember NFLX was basically at $300 less than 12 months ago, with a P/E over 100.  Same exact business model, same exact industry, size of market, etc.  Today, at $70, it actually has a not-too-unreasonable P/E of 23.  It was initially triggered by their stupid split of DVD vs online, and increasing their monthly plans. But still, it was the push Wall Street needed to go negative on the stock.

I’m not expecting something that sudden to happen to AMZN, especially in light of their competition (e.g., lack thereof).  But, a more gradual correction to say ~50 P/E, would not be out of the question in the next few quarters.  Having said that, though, remember the old adage:  “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”.  So, short with care out there!

Posted: 28 May 2012 11:37 PM #15

Red Shirted Ensign - 29 May 2012 01:30 AM

Mercel posted this on the Weekend Update thread. I’ve read it twice and can’t let it go…...

http://www.mondaynote.com/2012/05/27/decoding-share-prices-amazon-apple-and-facebook/

So, if the premise behind Amazon’s enormous P/E is that it will eventually run its competition out of town and then raise prices when it has a huge market advantage and an installed base with pricing power over its vendors…

But….

Apple is priced cheaply because it can’t maintain it’s pricing power with the carriers, despite an EXISTING dominant position, loyal customers and an installed base that would leave any carrier that dumped the iPhone…..

Must be the concern with a possible Facebook phone.  :-D