AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:48 PM #46

Phoebear:  Confirmed.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:49 PM #47

Phoebear611 - 29 May 2012 03:42 PM

What is the date of the WWDC keynote?  Is it June 11th?  Also, what conference is TC giving a keynote speech tonight?  I thought someone said AllthingsD?  Can anyone confirm any of this? Thanks

Jun 11
    AllthingsD tonight at 6pm Pacific.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 12:50 PM #48

Mav - 29 May 2012 03:48 PM

thanks…does anyone think TC would mention anything about product at that conference?  No, right?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:52 PM #49

Gregg Thurman - 29 May 2012 03:15 PM

The big news out of WWDC will be multi-tasking in iOS.

I, for one, in the spirit of the time of year we are in would like to see Siri graduate from beta.

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:54 PM #50

Let’s see how AAPL fares through the lose your lunch hour.

Doing just fine so far.  Think I might have the whole trading day to decide on what to do with my small Sep 12 trade.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 12:58 PM #51

Phoebear611 - 29 May 2012 03:50 PM
    Mav - 29 May 2012 03:48 PM

thanks…does anyone think TC would mention anything about product at that conference?  No, right?

No.  Too close to WWDC, in any event.  Tim doesn’t do faux pas either

• Posted: 29 May 2012 01:15 PM #52

Zuckerberg has made his FB followers into Suckerbergs… ultimately Iceberg when it dips below 20.  :-D

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:18 PM #53

thealct - 29 May 2012 04:15 PM

Zuckerberg has made his FB followers into Suckerbergs… ultimately Iceberg when it dips below 20.  :-D

No, FB is increasingly the wealth of clever traders who wake up in the morning and ask, “Is there any other way of shorting FB that I haven’t thought of yet?”

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 01:34 PM #54

Too funny - Zuckerberg and wife seen in Italy on their honeymoon eating McDonald’s (a Happy Meal probably)....meanwhile Business Insider just posted a story that the couple ate a 32 Euro meal at another point in Rome and didn’t bother to tip the waiter.  What a classy couple.  If the IPO fiasco wasn’t enough, the press is out to spin him as negative as they possibly can (and they won’t have to work much at it).  I see no upside there for a very, very, very long time.  IMHO

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 29 May 2012 01:58 PM #55

Anyone catch this piece by Joe Wilcox on the Android platform, arguing that Google has lost control of it.

http://betanews.com/2012/04/28/google-has-lost-control-of-android/

• Posted: 29 May 2012 02:05 PM #56

I don’t understand all of the hostility towards Zuckerberg.  The idiots who bought the stock got what they deserved .. I say well done to Mark.  In many ways he reminds me of Jobs.  The fact he isn’t some internet millionaire (Billionaire) prick buying everything in site and parading his wealth speaks volumes.  McDonalds in Rome ... sounds like fun.  I’ll be there with my wife and kids in 3 weeks and going to McDonalds in another country is always fun.  Give the guy a break.

He created a fantastic company that has changed the internet, created lots of high paying jobs for people and helped Apple sell iPhones to feed people’s Facebook addiction ...  I wouldn’t touch the stock but that is a separate issue.

Oh yeah .... IF Facebook actually comes out with a phone ... please disregard everything I said about that worthless no-good mutherf$#@ !

tongue laugh

[ Edited: 29 May 2012 02:08 PM by Gtrplyr ]      
  • Posted: 29 May 2012 02:17 PM #57

^  Steve Jobs was a great tipper.  smile

Zuckerberg clearly took the ideas of others for Facebook.  How is that honorable?  Mark Z. comes off like a prick, frankly.  And I also think FB blows.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 02:18 PM #58

FB dropping like a stone.  I find it rather amusing.  Sorry.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 02:25 PM #59

Good 20 minute interview with Muenster and Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2012/05/29/why-bigger-bites-for-apple-investors-coming-how-big-1000-a-share/?partner=yahootix

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:30 PM #60

Gtrplyr - 29 May 2012 05:05 PM

I don’t understand all of the hostility towards Zuckerberg.  The idiots who bought the stock got what they deserved .. I say well done to Mark.  In many ways he reminds me of Jobs.  The fact he isn’t some internet millionaire (Billionaire) prick buying everything in site and parading his wealth speaks volumes.  McDonalds in Rome ... sounds like fun.  I’ll be there with my wife and kids in 3 weeks and going to McDonalds in another country is always fun.  Give the guy a break.

He created a fantastic company that has changed the internet, created lots of high paying jobs for people and helped Apple sell iPhones to feed people’s Facebook addiction ...  I wouldn’t touch the stock but that is a separate issue.

Oh yeah .... IF Facebook actually comes out with a phone ... please disregard everything I said about that worthless no-good mutherf$#@ !

tongue laugh

Its a confidence game business model. Numbers of FB users is like web page hits in the 90s in that both are used by young, eager, marketing departments as grounds to justify buying ads. Except the ads don’t work because (with exception of the game addicts) nobody goes to FB to buy anything or spend a dime.

FB then becomes a confidence game because FB needs to hide the fact that FB ads don’t lead to sales in order to keep advertisers interested in buying FB ads.

What FB is good at is something a little harder to monetize:

Check out the parking lot at the Lost 40 here in Minnesota that I visited Saturday:

See? Very difficult to monetize people’s stupid photos and remarks and for that reason, FB isn’t worth investment other than as a moral lesson that when FB did its IPO, every trader on the street thought to themselves, “Overbought.”

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.