AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:50 PM #61

Gtrplyr - 29 May 2012 05:05 PM

I don’t understand all of the hostility towards Zuckerberg.  The idiots who bought the stock got what they deserved .. I say well done to Mark.  In many ways he reminds me of Jobs.  The fact he isn’t some internet millionaire (Billionaire) prick buying everything in site and parading his wealth speaks volumes.  McDonalds in Rome ... sounds like fun.  I’ll be there with my wife and kids in 3 weeks and going to McDonalds in another country is always fun.  Give the guy a break.

He created a fantastic company that has changed the internet, created lots of high paying jobs for people and helped Apple sell iPhones to feed people’s Facebook addiction ...  I wouldn’t touch the stock but that is a separate issue.

Oh yeah .... IF Facebook actually comes out with a phone ... please disregard everything I said about that worthless no-good mutherf$#@ !

tongue laugh

For the record, Tim Cook has remarked that he thinks FB is the closest company to being like Apple, and Steve Jobs told W. Isaacson that he admired Zuckerberg, even though he was pissed at him for going against his word on a business issue. Terrible IPO investment, but an interesting story and social phenomenon. When it drops to $15 or so you might even make money as a long.

Here’s the link:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:58 PM #62

We are trying to push through 572 here….Volume is very low. But Apple has risen in the past on weak volume. No sellers. Few traders.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:52 PM #63

lovemyipad - 29 May 2012 03:08 PM

Watch that opening gap!!!

Do gaps count when we’ve been back and forth over the same ground so often? Or does every new gap need to be filled, no matter how many times we’ve gapped and filled in the same range?

• Posted: 29 May 2012 04:52 PM #64

Red Shirted Ensign - 29 May 2012 06:58 PM

We are trying to push through 572 here….Volume is very low. But Apple has risen in the past on weak volume. No sellers. Few traders.

Closing at the high of the day is not a bad sign. I’m thinking of adding some for short term position.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:03 PM #65

Glancing at the monthly chart, this is our third attempt to break decisively past 570 since the lows of May 18th. The rule of threes might apply, so let’s hope we follow up tomorrow with another strong push.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 05:10 PM #66

mstefa - 29 May 2012 07:52 PM
    Red Shirted Ensign - 29 May 2012 06:58 PM

Closing at the high of the day is not a bad sign. I’m thinking of adding some for short term position.

and i did. Added some deep ITM calls for June 1st to sell this week Thursday
    and deep ITM calls for June 16 to sell next Thursday at the open.
    Unless something strange happen and I change my mind.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 05:12 PM #67

Should there be a close ABOVE 574-576 on decent volume (20MM) that will be the time to go super long, until then being patient with a small long position. AAPL is trading on technicals than fundamentals. We need some major rumor soon (could be tonight) Today’s price action was good, now let us see some follow-up to get boys excited.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:13 PM #68

Mercel - 29 May 2012 04:58 PM

Anyone catch this piece by Joe Wilcox on the Android platform, arguing that Google has lost control of it.

http://betanews.com/2012/04/28/google-has-lost-control-of-android/

A good analysis of Android forking (fracturing), which is worse than fragmentation for Google.

Punditry fills the InterWebs about Android fragmentation. The problem is bigger: Platform fracturing into competing ecosystems.

Samsung announced a music store today that could eventually further separate its ecosystem from the Google Android ecosystem. The Amazon ecosystem is already completely divorced from Android, as are the Chinese variants.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:14 PM #69

The entire market rallies on QE3 speculation while FB hits a new low. I love it when a plan comes together.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 29 May 2012 05:20 PM #70

Bloomberg just tweeted that RIM engaged JPMorgan it to advise it on its options.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:24 PM #71

RIM fire sale!

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 29 May 2012 05:28 PM #72

Mercel - 29 May 2012 08:20 PM

Bloomberg just tweeted that RIM engaged JPMorgan it to advise it on its options.

That is in other words saying - Nobody wants to buy us and now we’re sinking faster with no possible turnaround. “Strategic” as in are parts worth (read patents/service) more than the sum ?.

Balsillie and Lazardis just drove this company into the ground.  rolleyes

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:30 PM #73

Failure is its only option, to paraphrase Gene Krantz

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 29 May 2012 05:32 PM #74

thealct - 29 May 2012 08:28 PM

That is in other words saying - Nobody wants to buy us and now we’re sinking faster with no possible turnaround. “Strategic” as in are parts worth (read patents/service) more than the sum ?.

Balsillie and Lazardis just drove this company into the ground.  rolleyes

They just paid over $1B (I believe) for access to the Nortel patents and now the market cap of RIMM is <$6B. Oops. I’m sure they wish they could have a do-over on that purchase.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:32 PM #75

Eric Landstrom - 29 May 2012 08:14 PM

The entire market rallies on QE3 speculation while FB hits a new low. I love it when a plan comes together.

I would normally write “cheers to the longs” but I’ll make an exception for FB holders. I truly would like to see this POS turn into a gigantic Faceplant.

JohnG