The Next Iphone - Rumor Central…

Posted: 02 August 2012 03:56 PM #106

Sharp lets the cat out of the bag…displays shipping.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/02/sharp-president-iphone-displays-shipping-this-month/?tw_p=twt

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:05 PM #107

And in other news, LG gets the next big contract? wink

Or Tim says, “maybe I’ll flog you in public, then place a big new order when things die down a little” raspberry

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:10 PM #108

Mav - 02 August 2012 07:05 PM

And in other news, LG gets the next big contract? wink

Or Tim says, “maybe I’ll flog you in public, then place a big new order when things die down a little” raspberry

Yeah but after Apple spent billions in factory tooling, at some point they need to get their money back in low unit cost deliverables, and if you don’t do business with Samsung for displays, the pickings of LCD players is slim and Sharp has some of the best IP in the industry and some modern manufacturing so you just say nothing and assume it will be lost in all the rumors from everyone else.

Posted: 02 August 2012 04:14 PM #109

I was half-kidding.

Apple didn’t seem to retaliate against Sony for the 8MP camera leak.  Apple and Sharp do have a very important display relationship going forward.  For all we know it may yet include TV displays…

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 02 August 2012 05:59 PM #110

Mav - 02 August 2012 07:14 PM

I was half-kidding.

Apple didn’t seem to retaliate against Sony for the 8MP camera leak.  Apple and Sharp do have a very important display relationship going forward.  For all we know it may yet include TV displays…

Yep.  Oh, wait, that’s a wee premature…

Posted: 02 August 2012 08:40 PM #111

Another iPhone 5 leak, white this time, out of Bangkok.  Real or not?

http://www.cultofmac.com/182591/more-alleged-iphone-5-pics-leak-out-of-bangkok-but-are-they-legit/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 02 August 2012 08:45 PM #112

Red Shirted Ensign - 02 August 2012 06:56 PM

Sharp lets the cat out of the bag…displays shipping.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/02/sharp-president-iphone-displays-shipping-this-month/?tw_p=twt

When I read this article, THIS is exactly what I thought of when I read it.

http://gigaom.com/apple/the-apple-roundup-did-sharp-just-violate-apple-partner-rule-no-1/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 02 August 2012 09:55 PM #113

See the latest news on Sharp.  Not.  Pretty.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 03 August 2012 11:56 AM #114

The new iPhone glass is being touted (rumored) to be very scratch-resistant.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/03/new-iphone-glass-thoroughly-measured-found-to-be-very-scratchproof-video/

Posted: 03 August 2012 01:15 PM #115

not sure if this has been said before but would apple increase the length of the phone just for the reason of sticking permanent ads at the bottom of the screen which would make the usable space of the screen the same 3.5 and the same ratio. If you go full screen mode say for TV shows or movies the ads would disappear and you’d have the proper 16:9 aspect ratio for that type of content.

that would be really annoying and hopefully that is not true but who knows no one has found a way to monetize mobile well from an advertising standpoint yet. maybe this is apples crack at it.

Posted: 03 August 2012 01:26 PM #116

spoonman - 03 August 2012 04:15 PM

not sure if this has been said before but would apple increase the length of the phone just for the reason of sticking permanent ads at the bottom of the screen which would make the usable space of the screen the same 3.5 and the same ratio. If you go full screen mode say for TV shows or movies the ads would disappear and you’d have the proper 16:9 aspect ratio for that type of content.

that would be really annoying and hopefully that is not true but who knows no one has found a way to monetize mobile well from an advertising standpoint yet. maybe this is apples crack at it.

Sounds like something Google might do, but Apple isn’t so much into ads.

Posted: 03 August 2012 03:06 PM #117

If you’ve used an iPhone long enough you can actually start to see the benefits of more screen real estate.

It’s staying competitive.  Serving ads, if they’re ever done, will not be for the mainstream.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:43 PM #118

iOS 6 beta 4 has hit the streets, more fuel for the Sept release.

Posted: 06 August 2012 04:58 PM #119

Hopefully this is the Last Beta(tm)...

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 06 August 2012 08:03 PM #120

Boom. Sprint lowers price to $149

Can’t be more than a 45 days out right?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/06/sprint_drops_iphone_4s_price_to_149_ahead_of_rumored_next_gen_iphone_release.html