The Next Iphone - Rumor Central…

• Posted: 01 September 2012 08:48 PM #181

Here’s a “World Exclusive” video of the iPhone 5.  It’s very, very nice. 

Apple is going to put its servers (and the internet at large) to the test when they flip the switch allowing customers to order it.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/01/new_video_shows_realistic_mockup_of_fully_assembled_iphone_5_at_ifa_2012.html

Posted: 01 September 2012 09:11 PM #182

Redesigned headphones in the new iPhone?  So overdue if true!

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/01/will-the-new-iphone-come-with-totally-redesigned-headphones/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:18 PM #183

Mercel - 01 September 2012 11:48 PM

Apple is going to put its servers (and the internet at large) to the test when they flip the switch allowing customers to order it.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/01/new_video_shows_realistic_mockup_of_fully_assembled_iphone_5_at_ifa_2012.html

That is so obviously a mockup, as the AppleInsider vid points out.

If a mockup looks pretty decent, the next iPhone should really impress.  Heck, my iPhone 4 has a pretty much timeless design as it is.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 02 September 2012 12:24 AM #184

Mav, you’re iPhone 4 no longer tells time?  :oh:

I can’t imagine having an iPhone that was timeless! I’d definitely take it in for repair!

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:32 AM #185

You know exactly what I meant. rolleyes wink

Oh, and before I forget, if those pinhole speaker grilles are for real, I’d be interested in why Apple decided to ditch the worked-well-as-it-could mesh covers.  After all, dust is the enemy of all technology.  Surprise me, Jony Ive!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 02 September 2012 12:38 AM #186

Mav - 02 September 2012 01:18 AM
    Mercel - 01 September 2012 11:48 PM

That is so obviously a mockup, as the AppleInsider vid points out.

If a mockup looks pretty decent, the next iPhone should really impress.  Heck, my iPhone 4 has a pretty much timeless design as it is.

Yeah, I can nitpick the mockup as well.  Nonetheless, this is what the iPhone 5 is going to look like.  I had a laugh though, a “World Premiere” for a mockup?  That’s rich.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:41 AM #187

I thought I was agreeing, not nitpicking.

Anyway, it’ll look unbelievable in person, or his name isn’t Jony Ive.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 02 September 2012 01:13 AM #188

I really can’t wait for the new iPhone. I’m going to be ordering online on day one. I think I’m going with a white one this go round. I realize that might be a bit girly but I don’t care.

• Posted: 04 September 2012 08:02 AM #189

Spoke with my ex Telco store today about putting my name on a list to purchase new Iphone, they mentioned they have been informed by Apple it will be shipping September 14th!!

I think this is too good to be true, but just throwing it out there.

Posted: 04 September 2012 02:18 PM #190

Mav - 02 September 2012 12:32 AM

You know exactly what I meant. rolleyes wink

Oh, and before I forget, if those pinhole speaker grilles are for real, I’d be interested in why Apple decided to ditch the worked-well-as-it-could mesh covers. ....

My sources say teeny tiny LiquidMetal Roombas roaming at all times keeping things dust free. grin that’s the “one more thing”.

Posted: 04 September 2012 02:20 PM #191

I’m putting a MARKET SELL order on that last post. LOL  (Aw man, no “:D” emoticon either.)

Ah, the iPhone 5.  Still not sure if I wanna shell out a “bonus” $250 for one plus whatever other fees to upgrade from my 4S, especially since I’m wondering if the grass is greener on Verizon.  But c’mon, Apple!  Make me wanna buy one!

[ Edited: 04 September 2012 02:27 PM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:34 AM #192

adamthompson32 - 02 September 2012 01:13 AM

I really can’t wait for the new iPhone. I’m going to be ordering online on day one. I think I’m going with a white one this go round. I realize that might be a bit girly but I don’t care.

My current and first iPhone is white.  Also thought it would be slightly girly at first, but believe me, that goes away after a couple of days. It’s not girly at all, combines with any case, and looks better/more distinguished than the masses of black iPhones out there. 

I’ll upgrade to a new white iPhone 5 the moment you can order it online.

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:54 PM #193

A new iPhone 5 fresh off of the assembly line in China booting up…...w/video.

http://micgadget.com/29526/iphone-5-leaks-out-of-foxconn-jincheng-factory-boots-up-ios-6-error/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:47 PM #194

Mav - 04 September 2012 02:20 PM

I’m putting a MARKET SELL order on that last post. LOL  (Aw man, no “:D” emoticon either.)

Ah, the iPhone 5.  Still not sure if I wanna shell out a “bonus” $250 for one plus whatever other fees to upgrade from my 4S, especially since I’m wondering if the grass is greener on Verizon.  But c’mon, Apple!  Make me wanna buy one!

I’m in the same boat Mav, we just bought 4 (4Ss) a year ago. Might just do it if it knocks my socks off!

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:20 AM #195

ellsab - 04 September 2012 08:02 AM

Spoke with my ex Telco store today about putting my name on a list to purchase new Iphone, they mentioned they have been informed by Apple it will be shipping September 14th!!

I think this is too good to be true, but just throwing it out there.

It would be interesting to assess what a Sep. 14th shipping date vs. a Sep 21st shipping date would mean for Q4 revenues.

How many more iPhone 5s could Apple sell in a week? Maybe 2 million?

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein