Weekend Updates

Posted: 01 June 2012 05:22 PM

Whew!  What a week!

The bar is OPEN….....

[ Edited: 03 June 2012 07:52 PM by lovemyipad ]      
  • Posted: 01 June 2012 05:50 PM #1

Any thoughts on what next week holds?  Will you be posting anything in chart talk? How much damage have we done?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 01 June 2012 06:10 PM #2

Just a little glimmer of good news in an otherwise crappy day:

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2012/06/mainland-china-grants-apple-a-license-to-sell-the-ipad-on-monday.html

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 01 June 2012 06:13 PM #3

and here is the news on Facebook integration:

Apple will reportedly offer system-wide Facebook integration in the newest version of its iOS mobile operating system, adding to the current authentication and sharing capabilities enjoyed by Twitter in iOS 5.

Here is the link:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/01/facebook_ios_integration_to_be_announced_at_wwdc_report_says.html

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:18 PM #4

That’s actually a couple of days old.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303640104577436064017202438.html

But, it’s potentially a huge help to the fiscal Q3 numbers if the iPad launches in China by June 15 or so.  As I noted earlier this week or something, this is “ahead of schedule” as far as the cellular iPad model goes:  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-to-launch-ipad-2-3g-in-china-2011-09-20

A full new iPad launch in China for the first time ever would be sweeeeet.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:19 PM #5

Even though macroeconomic conditions are not the best, the market for Apple products is still amazing. Even in the depths of the Great Recession, when AAPL was taken to the woodshed, Apple still made amazing profits. AAPL is up nearly $40 from the low 2 weeks ago, which is not too bad. And it’s down 13% from the all time high, in pullback territory it hasn’t stayed in for very long in the past few years.

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

• Posted: 01 June 2012 06:26 PM #6

Apple will reportedly offer system-wide Facebook integration in the newest version of its iOS mobile operating system, adding to the current authentication and sharing capabilities enjoyed by Twitter in iOS 5.

Apple and Facebook views about privacy and user data monetization are quite at odd. I would argue that in the long term users will vote for Apple respect of their privacy and data and that users will reluct selling their souls to Facebook, Google and their kins.

Therefore, Apple should be careful about the way it associates its business philosophy with Facebook’s. And as a consequence, make it so that if or when users reject Facebook mingling with their privacy they can easily reject Facebook implementation in IOS while staying within IOS privacy and security heaven.

• Posted: 01 June 2012 06:31 PM #7

Apple II+ - 01 June 2012 09:19 PM

Even though macroeconomic conditions are not the best, the market for Apple products is still amazing. Even in the depths of the Great Recession, when AAPL was taken to the woodshed, Apple still made amazing profits. AAPL is up nearly $40 from the low 2 weeks ago, which is not too bad. And it’s down 13% from the all time high, in pullback territory it hasn’t stayed in for very long in the past few years.

That is why AAPL is a better security heaven than gold US or German treasuries…. unfortunately investor fails to understand… but in the long term it is quite fortunate for us.. although I lost a lot because they failed to understand !

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:33 PM #8

Macro isn’t super horrible but jumping the gun (granted, it’s part “leading indicator” too) and FEAR is what the markets are all about right now.

Speaking only for myself, unless Monday’s chart is a cliff or something I’ll be looking to get at least one WWDC anticipation trade in next week if not more.  Heck, I might even buy a cliff chart. raspberry

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 01 June 2012 06:48 PM #9

Hamourabi - 01 June 2012 09:26 PM

Apple and Facebook views about privacy and user data monetization are quite at odd. I would argue that in the long term users will vote for Apple respect of their privacy and data and that users will reluct selling their souls to Facebook, Google and their kins.

Therefore, Apple should be careful about the way it associates its business philosophy with Facebook’s. And as a consequence, make it so that if or when users reject Facebook mingling with their privacy they can easily reject Facebook implementation in IOS while staying within IOS privacy and security heaven.

I think your insights are terrific and you point out something very key.  I hope Tim Cook stands his ground on this specific issue as well.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 01 June 2012 06:53 PM #10

Huh?  How is this any different from Twitter?

100% opt-in and I trust Apple to sandbox stuff from any Facebook integration, even if I had an account and login to Facebook automatically through other apps.

I don’t tweet.  I have zero fear of Twitter getting my stuff through the iOS 5 Twitter integration.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:23 PM #11

Some relief for Wall Street? smile

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06/contagionex/

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

• Posted: 01 June 2012 08:07 PM #12

Hey - I just read an article forwarded to me by an old colleague.  It was pretty spot on with respect to what actually happened with the London Whale and JPM.  It makes for a great read whether you like or hate the website (ZeroHedge).  I realize this has nothing to do with AAPL but it’s pretty jaw dropping and informative. 

If you want to read it at your leisure, here is the link:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/about-boaz-weinstein-london-whale-bulls-eye

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 02 June 2012 08:18 PM #13

lovemyipad - 01 June 2012 08:22 PM

Whew!  What a week!

The bar is OPEN….....

Yeah, what a week, followed the recent trend though, above market until Friday then with or slightly below.  Will we lead the marked early next week?  I think we should if we follow the general trend, but with WWDC, it could be even better.

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:58 PM #14

Did You Know?(tm)

AAPL is down about a buck and change from last Friday to this one.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:56 PM #15

Facebook integration in iOS 6?  Not so fast say Mike Elgan.

http://www.cultofmac.com/171053/apple-in-a-relationship-with-facebook-its-complicated/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.