AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:52 PM

Run up to WWDC?  Macro dump?  Oversold bounce?

EDIT: Futures…so far, so bloody.

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 12:41 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:18 PM #1

Futures are very red.

Did end up buying on Friday at 566.  Will buy again tomorrow with more Etrade money.  I just can’t help myself when I see us so far below $750 where we should be right now.

Will have more cash available in one week.  Any correction is good buying opportunity.  I think the run up to WWDC ended last week.  Now we just move with market but remain stronger into WWDC.

I don’t see us going below 522 this time around post WWDC.  We should hold 530.

The June gloom is in full swing.  I think the next news event should be earnings with dividend date.  I see going to $600 then before we correct again until iPhone 5 in Sept.

• Posted: 03 June 2012 08:24 PM #2

S&P futures are at 1264 (closed at 1278). I don’t know what to expect tomorrow other than red.  Are there some critical support levels to watch for here? I’m talking about the “line in the sand” type ones?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:48 PM #3

Phoebear611 - 03 June 2012 11:24 PM

S&P futures are at 1264 (closed at 1278). I don’t know what to expect tomorrow other than red.  Are there some critical support levels to watch for here? I’m talking about the “line in the sand” type ones?

Here are your IF/THEN downside parameters:

1275—> 1250—> 1225

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:05 PM #5

Just a QE note…  Operation Twist ends this month.  Around the time QE1 and QE2 ended, I seem to recall the indices initially took a dive, then sharply rebounded setting new highs and leaving us to wonder if that was IT for the correction.  The answer both times was no. 

If history repeats, wherever this current downwave ends for the indices, the rally that follows may be a good time to take some profits, lighten up on longs, and/or hedge. 

And, of course, the end of the next downwave would be an excellent time to go long(er). smile

[ Edited: 03 June 2012 09:11 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:12 PM #6

Ah, the joys of (attempting) market timing.

Futures not great, but it’s a perfectly natural, arguably healthy, reaction to Friday’s Sale-A-Thon?.

Should shape up to be an interesting trading week.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 03 June 2012 10:15 PM #7

lovemyipad - 03 June 2012 11:48 PM

1275—> 1250—> 1225

Ummm…not that I don’t care about the market - and it’s certainly related but I’m all about AAPL.  What’s the IF/THEN downside on AAPL parameters.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 03 June 2012 10:16 PM #8

Could the market be so dismal that a better chance of a Romney victory causes a rally?
    Wait ... uh oh…. which thread should this be on?  The political one or the intra-day one?
    Who’s on first?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 03 June 2012 10:25 PM #9

Phoebear611 - 04 June 2012 01:16 AM

Could the market be so dismal that a better chance of a Romney victory causes a rally?
    Wait ... uh oh…. which thread should this be on?  The political one or the intra-day one?
    Who’s on first?

The polls are starting to reflect that.

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:48 PM #10

Mercel - 04 June 2012 01:25 AM

Who’s on first?

I think it is much too early for that.  We won’t get a better picture until after Labor Day.

I am more interested in how the market reacts to more jobs bad news in July and August.

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:58 PM #11

Phoebear611 - 04 June 2012 01:15 AM
    lovemyipad - 03 June 2012 11:48 PM

1275—> 1250—> 1225

Ummm…not that I don’t care about the market - and it’s certainly related but I’m all about AAPL.  What’s the IF/THEN downside on AAPL parameters.

See willrob’s post tonight re: tomorrow’s support levels. wink

• Posted: 03 June 2012 11:00 PM #12

omacvi - 04 June 2012 01:48 AM
    Mercel - 04 June 2012 01:25 AM

Who’s on first?

I think it is much too early for that.  We won’t get a better picture until after Labor Day.

I am more interested in how the market reacts to more jobs bad news in July and August.

Huh?  I said the polls are beginning to report strength among women for Romney.  It’s too early for what?  I wasn’t predicting anything in the future.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/2886524/posts

• Posted: 03 June 2012 11:01 PM #13

Entertaining vid of crazy Russians on a skyscraper, to take your mind off red futures….

http://gizmodo.com/5915332/these-guys-are-now-the-craziest-climbing-russians-of-all-craziest-climbing-russians

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:06 PM #14

Who’s on first?

Please refrain from posting politically oriented views or questions on the intraday. You’ve done it several times this past month. When folks respond, you then apologize for bringing it up, but then always try to get the last word. We’re a diverse group here, politically, and we have diverse ideas about the various candidates’ affect on Apple. Everyone’s opinion is valid, but this isn’t the forum to express that opinion. It junks up the thread.

• Posted: 03 June 2012 11:24 PM #15

Prazan - 04 June 2012 02:06 AM

Who’s on first?

Please refrain from posting politically oriented views or questions on the intraday. You’ve done it several times this past month. When folks respond, you then apologize for bringing it up, but then always try to get the last word. We’re a diverse group here, politically, and we have diverse ideas about the various candidates’ affect on Apple. Everyone’s opinion is valid, but this isn’t the forum to express that opinion. It junks up the thread.

+ a bunch

But, she does not post useful links because she thinks someone might object to them.