AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 03 June 2012 11:25 PM #16

Might do some shopping for a couple of new dividend positions tomorrow.

Bought some PG on Friday, 1/2 position.

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:28 PM #17

Phoebear611 - 04 June 2012 01:16 AM

Could the market be so dismal that a better chance of a Romney victory causes a rally?
    Wait ... uh oh…. which thread should this be on?  The political one or the intra-day one?
    Who’s on first?

A point to consider is this:  if Romney wins….no more stimulus…no more QE3, QE4 etc.  Right? 

Don’t think market will like that.  Even with lower taxes.

• Posted: 03 June 2012 11:30 PM #18

macZiggy - 04 June 2012 02:28 AM

A point to consider is this:  if Romney wins….no more stimulus…no more QE3, QE4 etc.  Right? 

Don’t think market will like that.  Even with lower taxes.

This is a non-political response

Presidents do not control the Fed or its ability to respond in ways consistent with its mandate.

So, no, that is not right.

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:49 PM #19

Phoebes contributes much of value to this forum. The political stuff just drives me crazy because this is where I come to get away from it. Apple is apolitical. If someone threatens to nationalize my iPhone, then I might change my opinion about this.

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:15 AM #20

Speaking to no one in particular:  Don’t be taking potshots if you want to maintain your value to this forum.

Seriously, it is really that hard?

Obvioisly, don’t take offense if it doesn’t apply to you.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:20 AM #21

Prazan - 04 June 2012 02:49 AM

Phoebes contributes much of value to this forum. The political stuff just drives me crazy because this is where I come to get away from it. Apple is apolitical. If someone threatens to nationalize my iPhone, then I might change my opinion about this.

well said…Phoebe has lived in the business world and many of us come from different backgrounds.  I certainly do.  Her insights are invaluable.

Apple products offer a really enjoyable experience in so many ways and trading/investing in aapl seems an extension of that experience, albeit a very different aspect of the experience.

We all come from such diverse life experiences and belief structures that agreeing to disagree and be supportive at the same time seems a good goal.

Signature

“My mind hovers on hummingbird wings.”  D. Eggers

• Posted: 04 June 2012 12:23 AM #22

+1

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:55 AM #23

roni - 04 June 2012 03:23 AM

+1

I personally follow a rule in posting on the intraday. If the words “Obama” , ” Romney “, ” democrat” or “republican” appear in a sentence, I edit it out or just delete the sentence. Rarely can I fail to get a point across…..works like a charm.  I have as many political views as anyone else, but it’s not hard to avoid political statements; we all know what we are doing when we do it.  Now Bernanke…....that is another story.  :wink:

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 04 June 2012 01:21 AM #24

It’s preposterous to suggest politics does not and will not affect the market, especially with Taxmogeddon looming. If your wittle ears can’t handle it, perhaps you should start putting people on ignore.

I mean, seriously, the idea that the markets actually don’t care that all these taxes are about to hit if something isn’t done soon is just denial. I think that’s how some of you like it, denial, so you can handle the obvious cognitive dissonance involved with owning the capitalist dream of AAPL, and yet having the politics some of you do.

I’m as sick of the “ooh, my wittle ears are burning, I heard a possibly political statement!” little old ladies here as some of you purport to be from those spouting politics, so there. I avoided the political thread, but some of you really need to be hit in the nose with a rolled-up newspaper like a dog who keeps nipping people.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 04 June 2012 01:42 AM #25

Monday

R4       600.76
      midpoint   594.76
    R3       588.76
      midpoint   582.76
    R2       576.76
      midpoint   572.82
    R1       568.88
      midpoint   566.82
    PP       564.76
      midpoint   560.82
    S1       556.88
      midpoint   554.82
    S2       552.76
      midpoint   546.76
    S3       540.76
      midpoint   534.76
    S4       528.76

Posted: 04 June 2012 01:55 AM #26

I’d like to ignore the entire forum at the moment…

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:17 AM #27

That can partially be accomplished by deleting your TMO bookmark. wink

Futures are in-line with my expectations so far.  No need to panic, IMHO.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 04 June 2012 02:27 AM #28

iPad continues to fly high with the airlines.  Who would have thought the airlines as a marketing arm of Apple?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/04/apples_ipad_helps_budget_airline_cut_2_tons_of_tvs.html

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:31 AM #29

Speaking of iPad, fair to say Tim Cook will move mountains to get iPad launched in China with some time to go this fiscal quarter.  That’s a definite catalyst.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:44 AM #30

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/forums/viewthread/82837/P15/#637143

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.