AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 04 June 2012 10:24 AM #46

I am very excited anticipating the next 7 months in Apple news and results.  We will see the release of the next iPhone, I think we will see an expansion of carriers (hello China), and the iPad will continue to grow at rapid rates.  In addition, new Macs will be released soon.

Friday was a gift of sorts as I picked up a quality dividend stock at what I think was a discount. May do some more bargain shopping today.

Life is good.

[ Edited: 04 June 2012 10:30 AM by roni ]      
  • Posted: 04 June 2012 10:41 AM #47

100% chance of Fed easing per Dennis Gartman:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47670043

Posted: 04 June 2012 10:44 AM #48

Mercel - 04 June 2012 01:41 PM

There is talk that a 1.50% ten year treasury will serve the same purpose without a Fed ease….A market driven QE

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 04 June 2012 10:52 AM #49

Red Shirted Ensign - 04 June 2012 01:44 PM

There is talk that a 1.50% ten year treasury will serve the same purpose without a Fed ease….A market driven QE

Bernanke will be especially interesting this week.  We need more than a pep talk, not that he knows how to lead a cheer anyway…

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:01 AM #50

Mercel - 04 June 2012 05:27 AM

iPad continues to fly high with the airlines.  Who would have thought the airlines as a marketing arm of Apple?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/04/apples_ipad_helps_budget_airline_cut_2_tons_of_tvs.html

In the same vein, I wish karaoke bars would implement iPads in their song selection process!  Think of how big that market could be in Asia (although I’m just hoping my local karaoke would provide such service or I’d be tempted to start one myself cuz those remote controls are such a pain!) lol

• Posted: 04 June 2012 11:02 AM #51

OK here is my political statement of the day: I hope Romney and Obama are both loosing the election - TIM COOK for president!  :-D

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:08 AM #52

So I woke up late and see a $15 dollar dump on the chart???  Any good reason for this?

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

• Posted: 04 June 2012 11:13 AM #53

LEAPfrog - 04 June 2012 02:08 PM

So I woke up late and see a $15 dollar dump on the chart???  Any good reason for this?

Because they CAN and get away with it. No buyers, Bears in full control while GOOG manages to stay green !

• Posted: 04 June 2012 11:23 AM #54

Eric Jackson on CNBC is a bear on FB and GOOG.  Yet, he recently said the days of AAPL trading below $600 were over.  rolleyes

The market is best at making stock prognosticators look foolish.

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:26 AM #55

Red Shirted Ensign - 04 June 2012 01:44 PM

Doesn’t this also reduce US borrowing costs to finance the national debt?  Could save a few billion here, and a billion there. 

Seriously, if national debt is to the tune of $16 TR, and let’s say 1 TR is up for re-financing this year, then a .5% decrease in borrowing rate would translate into $5 billion in savings. However, still a mere drop in the bucket in the overall scheme.

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:52 AM #56

Good Morning Boys and Girls

Well was not lucky enough to time my buying at 548 and bought at 556.  But we are still well below 644 and 750, so my savings are solid never the less.

What concerns me is that the 548 may not be the bottom of the week.  Sell offs like this early on for no apparent reasons are usually hints of what is to come.

Hopefully we go up from here, but it is a tall order when the market wants to get below 12k.

If Sept is truly the next iPhone release, then get ready for a long walk thru the wilderness.  The question will be if we can survive further market meltdown and hold the 530 line.  Time will tell.

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:52 AM #57

fas550 - 04 June 2012 12:57 PM

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Frank is thinking that after the next ATH of AAPL he will get one of these:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154283/Cats-away-Artist-turns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-killed-car.html. Wonder if there is an App to control it.

Dude,

That is so wrong it is hilarious!  :-D

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

• Posted: 04 June 2012 12:22 PM #58

Would anybody disagree with me that there’s basically zero chance that AAPL will spike up on news from WWDC? If the stock is flat this week, it will stay flat next week. If it runs up this week, it will dip next week.

My thought is that for every announcement I can think of that Apple might make, the analysts and press will pick it apart. (I’m willing to share my thoughts there if anyone’s interested in a longer discussion.)

Anyway, my thought is: run up this week, sell & move to cash on Friday. Flat this week, just sit tight. As someone else said, expecting $580-$600, would definitely be happy selling at $600

Regardless, we are due (to the extent any of this is predictable) to see a 15 or 16 T12M PE sometime between WWDC and earnings, so I’ll be back all in after WWDC, whether by moving cash back in, or whether by sitting tight…

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:48 PM #59

Well it appears we may want to re test the lows of the day.

I see us going lower and working our way back to 570 by next Monday.

The by that Friday we should see 540 again.  It is shaping up to be a long hot summer.

Even our favorite analyst predicted a sell off post July earnings due to low guidance.  With the iPhone coming out in Sept the hedge funds will take advantage of low volume and drive us down as low as possible.

We hit an ATH last Feb.  This year we hit it in April.  So we are now delayed by two months.  Expect to see a new ATH in Sept instead of July.

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:57 PM #60

Put in a stink bid for 5 Oct 12 550s. Now, I am going to go take a nap smile

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.