AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 02 July 2012 03:01 AM #31

Mav - 02 July 2012 05:21 AM

They do if the Galaxy S III is next in Apple’s sights.  Just a comment, I don’t know how similar the Galaxy Nexus is to the S III in terms of Apple’s next legal moves.

I see the Proview settlement lifting a cloud from the stock.

And Red, calls used to be 100% of my trading.  These days, they aren’t looking too bad in the proper doses, for my particular kind of trading.  If I’m playing shorter-term, it’ll probably be BCSes at least until near earnings, when I’m near my most stupid.  And legging in is a powerful, if tricky, mitigation strategy.

The Galaxy nexus injunction was based on the patent infringement of unified search of multiple sources (Siri-like) which is a feature of the Android OS itself rather than of Samsungs phone - therefore I think its very likely a similar injunction request before the same judge by Apple for any other phone running Android will be met by a similar injunction.

I would be VERY worried if I was Samsung.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 02 July 2012 05:37 AM #32

Futures looking pretty….

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 02 July 2012 08:00 AM #33

Mav - 02 July 2012 01:04 AM
    lovemyipad - 01 July 2012 08:49 PM

Could it be…?  A great week for UPPPPPPPPPP?!?! :D

I dunno, what do _you_ think?

Continuation is possible depending on market winds.  But there’s always that Euro sugar rush wearing off effect to consider, though the latest intervention is a little more of a step in the right direction, maybe?

I’m thinking overall is UP, but after Friday’s move in the broader markets, a bit of retrace/ digestion looms on the horizon too…I would guess 38% of the move from 564 to xxx (wherever the retrace starts) for a target.  That would be a good long entry point, especially if we could take out 590 first and get a nice, confirmed breakout.  I think a lot of money would then buy that retrace.  Need to watch the indices carefully and get a sense of whether AAPL is leading or following, tracking or not.  Watch out for whipsaws.  I imagine this terrain is littered with landmines of stops from bulls and bears who prepositioned for their expected move but want to cut losses quickly in case they’re wrong.

Futures flat at the moment.

[ Edited: 02 July 2012 08:03 AM by lovemyipad ]      
  • Posted: 02 July 2012 08:23 AM #34

Red Shirted Ensign - 02 July 2012 05:00 AM
    omacvi - 02 July 2012 04:56 AM

I don’t see us moving much tomorrow.

After big days aapl is moved by profit taking no matter the news.

We did not move last week after the first favorable ruling regarding the Galaxy.

Until Android is truly hurt and we see evidence of it, winning legal battles like this don’t mean much.

The new iPad was not selling in China yet anyway.

But now it can, without legal impediment.  Thus we can assume Gregg’s revised numbers have a logical basis.

Apple is clearing the decks nicely…. grin

I see the settlement as quite positive for Apple.  You did not want to lose this suit in China and face a ban on products.  Too much money for scoundrels, but a plus to get this behind the company.

• Posted: 02 July 2012 09:20 AM #35

My Grandpa told me once, “Never let your ego or your (insert body part here) get in the way of your wallet.”  Apple heeded this advise well.  This is no time to take two more years to win a moral victory to prove a point.  It’s time to pay out a silly small amount of money (ApplIe’s standard not mine) and go sell 10’s of millions of iPads to the Chinese.

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:41 AM #36

AAPL leading the market

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:42 AM #37

We-are up $5.16 in early going..

Train leaving the station?

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 02 July 2012 10:42 AM #38

It’s early, but it looks like my magic eight ball was right about today being a very good day. Someone else’s magic eight ball clearly is broken.

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:46 AM #39

sure feels like BOING!!! doesn’t it?

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:48 AM #40

Now please stay above 590.

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:50 AM #41

adamthompson32 - 02 July 2012 01:42 PM

It’s early, but it looks like my magic eight ball was right about today being a very good day. Someone else’s magic eight ball clearly is broken.

Ok AT, go easy on the lad! I bot 100 shares AH Friday on the SameSung news with some change found in the couch cushions. Good impulse buy.

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:55 AM #42

ChasMac77 - 02 July 2012 01:50 PM

Ok AT, go easy on the lad! I bot 100 shares AH Friday on the SameSung news with some change found in the couch cushions. Good impulse buy.

How deep is your couch???

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 02 July 2012 10:56 AM #43

ChasMac77 - 02 July 2012 01:50 PM

Good job. I’m regretting that I resisted my impulse to buy some Aug. 625s for $8.85 at open as they are over $11 already… Oh well, I will try and be content that my account is up 10% in the first half hour of trading…

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 02 July 2012 11:11 AM #44

Welcome back VOLUME….

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 02 July 2012 11:16 AM #45

I sold half my July 12 650 calls at 0.72 to get my initial investment back, I paid $0.33.

This was my first sale, ever.  So I now have half remaining for essentially no investment.

So my lesson in time decay won’t hurt. smile

Edit:  July 12 not 12th

[ Edited: 02 July 2012 04:15 PM by rickag ]

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.