AAPL Fiscal Q3 2012 Early Estimates

Posted: 18 July 2012 03:30 PM #61

Mac is immaterial. 

iPad + iPhone gets you closest to the bullseye.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 18 July 2012 07:44 PM #62

Mav - 18 July 2012 06:30 PM

Mac is immaterial. 

Immaterial?  6B of revenue is brushed under the rug because we are in the Post PC era.  apple is still growing their PC business while at the same time introducing the world to the Post PC era.  to say it is immaterial is a bit of overstatement.  Many folks will remain tied to the past and for folks developing for the PC world, the fact that Macs have broken 10% means the stranglehold of Microsoft is not what it use to be.  The 2013 Office announcement is Microsoft’s last attempt to keep Apple out of enterprise, growth in the Mac line may have slowed with Macro conditions and the success of iPad but immaterial?

• Posted: 18 July 2012 09:43 PM #63

pats - 18 July 2012 10:44 PM
    Mav - 18 July 2012 06:30 PM

Mac is immaterial. 

Immaterial?  6B of revenue is brushed under the rug because we are in the Post PC era.  apple is still growing their PC business while at the same time introducing the world to the Post PC era.  to say it is immaterial is a bit of overstatement.  Many folks will remain tied to the past and for folks developing for the PC world, the fact that Macs have broken 10% means the stranglehold of Microsoft is not what it use to be.  The 2013 Office announcement is Microsoft’s last attempt to keep Apple out of enterprise, growth in the Mac line may have slowed with Macro conditions and the success of iPad but immaterial?

2013 Office will likely fail to live up to expectations.  This suite is not—and may never be—optimal for touch.  Word has a better chance to accommodate touch, but not Excel.

Posted: 18 July 2012 10:25 PM #64

Don’t get too excited. 

I meant in terms of estimation error making a big difference.

Slap on a 20% YOY growth rate and you’re fine.  Sure I put more thought into it.  Btw, I’m still very much a Mac guy.  I’m just talking estimates.  Don’t worry.

[ Edited: 20 July 2012 01:16 AM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:21 AM #65

I’ll be setting up a new thread for refined/final estimates/earnings discussion shortly, since we’re less than a week away.  Bring your A game and your best spreadsheets!

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.