iPhone 5 August 7?

Poll: Will the iPhone really ship on August 7?
Total Votes: 51
Yes, will around Aug 7
No, September
No, October

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:10 PM

Thought this report deserved a poll and its own thread.

iPhone 5 official release date revealed as August 7

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 13 July 2012 10:39 PM #1

JDSoCal - 14 July 2012 01:10 AM

Thought this report deserved a poll and its own thread.

iPhone 5 official release date revealed as August 7

Jim Dalrymple says no, so I say no to August 7.  That does not mean something later in August, however.  Since “late August” is not on the ballot, I’ll vote September.

Posted: 13 July 2012 10:49 PM #2

All I know is my mood will be markedly improved as soon as the damned thing ships.

Can you imagine a quarter(s) with iPad 3 launching in China + iPhone 5 launching (possibly on China Mobile)?

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 13 July 2012 11:01 PM #3

I will be happy with an announcement. 

iPad sales in China is going to cover a good portion of any missing sales from iPhone customers waiting for the next one.  Apple is nothing if not strategic.

It will be interesting to see if the iPad 3 launch in China on July 20 serves as a catalyst next Friday.  We’ll get an early read on that next Thursday.

Posted: 14 July 2012 01:15 AM #4

My WAG is early-mid Sep for a US “delivery”.

China Mobile mid-late Q1.

cheers to the longs
          johnG

Posted: 14 July 2012 01:36 AM #5

Labor day week announcement, ( probablt wednesday) ship nine days later.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 15 July 2012 02:08 PM #6

My thoughts are similar to Mercel’s on this one… Not shipping early August, but they will announce a ship date next month. Wow, right around the freaking corner!

(Siri thought “to Mercel’s” was “tumor cells,” But she got this sentence exactly right. Go figure. Close parentheses. Well, almost.)

[ Edited: 15 July 2012 02:11 PM by jjjz ]

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 16 July 2012 03:18 PM #7

Once Apple is ready to release the iphone 5, they will proceed to lose a prototype somewhere, and it will receive a ton of publicity.

Apple hasn’t yet lost a prototype in a bar, so it’s way too early to talk about the next iphone release.

QED

Posted: 16 July 2012 04:16 PM #8

The chances of iPhone 5 without iOS 6 are slim at best.  Sry.

Posted: 16 July 2012 05:05 PM #9

I voted September, but that’s based on wishful thinking. I’m sure it will not be released in August, so I’m hoping for as soon after that, as possible.

Signature

Just remember one thing….

• Posted: 16 July 2012 05:48 PM #10

How about July 25th? I always wonder why everyone pushes back the release of the new phone when for first couple of years was always in July?? My Iphone4 contract will expire July 30th.

June 3 - July 3G - June 3GS - July 4 - October 4S - July ??

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple_store_schedule_hints_at_july_25_mountain_lion_launch/

Is this not for some big surprise, Tim has mentioned recently about doubling down on secrecy?? I know mountain lion is due, but how many staff does it take to do a make over?

Just a thought? Maybe because I’m busting to get my hands on the new Iphone whatever it will be called! grin

Posted: 16 July 2012 08:41 PM #11

ellsab - 16 July 2012 08:48 PM

How about July 25th? I always wonder why everyone pushes back the release of the new phone when for first couple of years was always in July?? My Iphone4 contract will expire July 30th.

June 3 - July 3G - June 3GS - July 4 - October 4S - July ??

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple_store_schedule_hints_at_july_25_mountain_lion_launch/

Is this not for some big surprise, Tim has mentioned recently about doubling down on secrecy?? I know mountain lion is due, but how many staff does it take to do a make over?

Just a thought? Maybe because I’m busting to get my hands on the new Iphone whatever it will be called! grin

In past years the iOS beta was released to developers earlier in the year before WWDC - whereas this year and last the iOS beta was released at WWDC, meaning the iPhone cant ship with the finalised version of the new iOS for at least 2-3 months after WWDC (once the beta versions are done and iOS is ready for release) - So a July release is definitly out, but August is still a possibility.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics